Posted in the Fouke Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Wodige Digatoli ale Awanita.”

Since: Jan 08

Equa Vdali

#1 Nov 21, 2008
Not Hebrew Scripture. Explicit evidence that the Book of Jasher was not considered scripture anciently is given in its Hebrew preface. The account is there quoted that when Ptolemy, king of Egypt, requested to have the Jewish holy books, the Israelites felt they could not give the gentiles their sacred writ, so they sent him the Book of Jasher. He was said to have prized it highly, but then discovered it was not their sacred law. When he confronted the Jews, they agreed to translate their Old Testament into Greek, which became known as the Septuagint.[21] If this account is correct, as it appears to be,[22] then even the Aprocrypha was probably considered more sacred than the Book of Jasher because it was included in the translation, whereas the Book of Jasher was not.

Equa Vdali

#2 Nov 21, 2008
Contradictions between Jasher and The Bible
Jasher 13:5 says that Abram went to the land of Canaan at the age of 50 then back to Haran and back to Canaan at age 75, Genesis
12:4 states that Abram was 75 when he departed Haran.
Jasher 18:9 states that one of the angels tells Abraham that Sarah will have a son, but Gen. 17:16 says that God told Abraham.
Jasher 22:44-45 says the Lord got the idea of presenting Isaac as an offering from Isaac's boast to Ishmael. We know, of course,
that God is sovereign and as it says in Gen. 22:1-2 & 12 that the Lord was testing Abraham.
Genesis 28:5 states that Isaac sent Jacob to Padan-aram unto Laban but Jasher 29:11 says that he fled to the house of Eber and
hid there for 14 years.
Jasher 47:9 says Isaac dies, according to the chronology of Jasher, Joseph was in Egypt but in Gen. 35:29 Isaac died before Joseph
had his dreams.
Simeon could not be bound in Jasher 51:37 but in Genesis. 42:24 Simeon is bound before their eyes.
Jasher 51:26-32 -- The brothers tell Joseph (whom they don't recognize) that they are looking for their brother (him). Genesis 42:6-14.
Jasher 78:12-13 -- Pharaoh proclaims no more straw but same amount of bricks (before Moses goes to Pharaoh.) Exodus 5:1,7-8
says it happened after Moses confronts Pharaoh.
Jasher 80:1 "and at the end of two years the Lord sent Moses to Pharaoh" while Exodus 7:14-15 says, "The Lord said unto Moses
get thee unto Pharaoh in the morning.

Jasher 80:2-51 lists these Plagues;
1. Waters into blood (v. 3)/ Exodus 7:20
2. Frogs (v. 6)/ Exodus 8:6
3. Lice (v. 10)/ Exodus 8:17
4. The Lord sent all kinds of beasts into Egypt and destroyed all Egypt ( v.13)/ Not in Exodus
5. Fiery serpents, scorpions, mice, weazles, toads (v. 14)/ Not in Exodus
6. Flies, hornets, fleas, bugs, gnats (v. 15)/ Exodus 8:24
7. All reptiles and winged animals came and grieved the Egyptians (v.16)/ Not in Exodus
8. God ordered the Sulanuth from the sea, she had long arms, 10 cubits in length and she went upon the roofs and uncovered the
raftering and flooring and stretched forth her arm and removed locks and bolts and opened the houses of Egypt.(v. 19-21)/ Not
in Exodus
9. Pestilence (v.24)/ Exodus 9:3
10. Burning inflammation (v. 27)/ Not in Exodus
11. Boils (v. 28)/ Exodus 9:10
12. Hail and fire (v. 30-31)/ Exodus 9:23
13. Locusts (v. 33)/ Exodus 10:13
14. Darkness (v.36)/ Exodus 10:22
15. First born killed (v. 43)/ Exodus 12:29

Equa Vdali

#3 Nov 21, 2008
Wholly Unbiblical Portions of Jasher
In Jasher 42:30-41, Rachel talks to Joseph from the grave. This is of course necromancy and is an abomination unto the Lord
(Deuteronomy 18:11-12).
According to 53:18-22 Benjamin used a "map (or chart) of stars" to find Joseph. Deuteronomy 18:10 forbids this. It is an abomination
to be "an observer of times" (astrologer).
Judah threatens Joseph 54:1-68 with annulations but Genesis 44:14-34 is a plea for Benjamin's release.
Chapter 71 of Jasher states that Moses was 18 years old when he left Egypt.(Could this be Rabbinical tradition?) He didn't go to
Midian but to Cush and becomes king (72:34-36) and is king over Cush for forty years (73:2), then he goes to Midian where Reuel
puts him in prison for 10 years because Reuel thinks Moses is wanted by the Cushites. In the book of Acts (7:23-30) Stephen,
inspired by the Holy Spirit, stated the Moses was in Egypt for 40 Years before going to Midian for another 40 years.
Jasher 81:3-4 claims that the Israelites sojourned in Egypt for 210 years whereas the Scripture says in Exodus 12:40-41 it was 430
years.
Jasher 81:40-41 says that all but Pharaoh perished in the Red Sea. Pharaoh thanks the Lord and the Lord sends an angel who casts
him upon the land of Ninevah where Pharaoh reigned for a long time. Scripture (Exodus 14:23 & 28) states that all perished.
Jasher 32:1-40 -- Esau comes to harm Jacob but angels of the Lord scare Esau, v.55 Esau fears Jacob. Genesis 33:3 Jacob bows
seven times to Esau.
Jasher 43:35 -- Isaac went from Hebron to comfort Jacob, his son, because Joseph is dead (sold). Gen. 35:27-29 Isaac died before
Joseph even dreamed his dreams.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#4 Nov 21, 2008
Wow, I guess being a heretic and a liar has it's cost.(Led to believe a lie)

When A Lame O began quoting from an obscure jewish fairy tale, the alamobots should have figured he had gone off the deep end at that point. But instead they followed like lemmings.

It doesn't give me much hope that a single one of the adults will be able to spriritually turn around (repent) and go back to the Cross of Salvation.

But then there's always the Miracle of Prayer.
T_S_Hobbs

Bridgman, MI

#5 Jan 24, 2009
There are contradictions between Jasher and Genesis, but some portions of Jasher seem to further explain some stories of Genesis. Take for example, Genesis 4:23/24 - And Lamech siad unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.
The story appears at a first glance rather ambiguous, but Jasher 2:26 - 2:36 states this: "And Lamech was old and advanced in years, and his eyes were dim that he could not see, and Tubalcain, his son, was leading him and it was one day that Lamech went into the field, and Tubalcain his son was with him, and whilst they were walking in the field, Cain the son of Adam advanced toward them; for Lamech was very old and could not see much, and Tubalcain his son was very young. And Tubalcain told his father to draw his bow, and with the arrows he smote Cain, who was yet far off, and he slew him, for he appeared to them to be an animal. And the arrows entered Cain's body although he was distant from them, and he fell to the ground and died. And the Lord requited Cain's evil according to his wickedness, which he had done to his brother Abel, according to the word of the Lord which he had spoken. And it came to pass when Cain had died, that Lamech and Tubalcain went to see the animal which they had slain, and they saw, and behold, Cain their grandfather was fallen dead upon the earth. And Lamech was very much grieved at having done this, and in clasping his hands together he struck his son and caused his death. And the wives of Lamech heard what Lamech had done, and they sought to kill him. And the wives of Lamech hated him from that day, because he slew Cain and Tubalcain, and the wives of Lamech separated from him, and would not hearken to him in those days. And Lamech came to his wives, and he pressed them to listen to him about this matter. And he said to his wives Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice O wives of Lamech, attend to my words, for now you have imagined and said that I slew a man with my wounds, and a child with my stripes for their having done no violence, but surely know that I am old and gray-headed, and that my eyes are heavy through age, and I did this thing unknowingly. And the wives of Lamech listened to him in this matter, and they returned to him with the advice of their father Adam, but they bore no children to him that time, knowing that God's anger was increasing in those days against the sons of men, to destroy them with the waters of the flood for their evil doings."
It clearly seems to give more detail to the vague brevity of the Lamech/Adah/Zillah story in Genesis.
Justice

Fullerton, CA

#6 Jan 24, 2009
Certain points of the writing style appears quite different in obvious and subtle than the prose of the KJV, w/ some attempted imitation. Altho, I do think the wives had the right idea at first, shoulda stuck w/ it.

This guy sounds like alamo justifying sin. "Err, uh, I shot the arrows thru Cain's chest, then hit Tubalcain so hard w/ both hands he died.....but it was all an accident. I didn't even know I killed anybody. Oh yeah, have I mentioned that I am blind?"

Ha, only excerpt of Jasher I have ever seen and already I can see alamo's attraction to the writings.

Equa Vdali

#7 Jan 25, 2009
Jasher was not included in the old testament is not that why all say use the King James version of the Bible..it is God's inspired word...then why use something that is not in God's inspired word.
screw america

Australia

#8 Mar 3, 2009
hi
Justice

Fullerton, CA

#9 Mar 3, 2009
bye
provo

Palmetto, FL

#10 Mar 3, 2009
rudolph and blitzen
provo

Palmetto, FL

#11 Mar 3, 2009
sorry, thought yall was talking bout them raindears,..
Shameless

Fullerton, CA

#12 Mar 4, 2009
Na, seven dwarfs. Guess who the aussie is.
provo

Palmetto, FL

#13 Mar 4, 2009
Snowed white?
provo

Palmetto, FL

#14 Mar 4, 2009
Aussieland is california canada, so who would be screwin' who? A protectorate of the crowns insurance company, guess who.
Modesto

Salinas, CA

#15 Mar 4, 2009
LOL!
Mau

Evensville, TN

#16 Sep 13, 2011
when the angels spoke in the bible, it was as if the Father spoke directly. If you research the scripture you will find that all the words of the angels were considered as direct speaking of the Father. look at Ishmael's mother in the desert when she ran away from sarah and the angel of the lord spoke to her and she quoted that she had seen Elohim face to face and lived. Jacob or Genesis 32:30; there are many statements in the word that let you know that angels were the vocal chords of the Father and when they spoke to the people, the people received them as if the Father where standing in front of them. also 2 Samuel 1:18 refer you to the book of Yasher (jasher), there are many books that i have read in the American libraries that are considered cannon and yet with 100% surety they are not worth the ink or paper used to write them. If we stop fighting over whether or not the majority of the people accepted these books and look at the moral lessons located within their stories then we can benefit. But since most won't even read the bible to learn the lessons out of it; i cant expect anyone to read anything extra for learning
cherokee762 wrote:
Contradictions between Jasher and The Bible
Jasher 13:5 says that Abram went to the land of Canaan at the age of 50 then back to Haran and back to Canaan at age 75, Genesis
12:4 states that Abram was 75 when he departed Haran.
Jasher 18:9 states that one of the angels tells Abraham that Sarah will have a son, but Gen. 17:16 says that God told Abraham.
Jasher 22:44-45 says the Lord got the idea of presenting Isaac as an offering from Isaac's boast to Ishmael. We know, of course,
that God is sovereign and as it says in Gen. 22:1-2 & 12 that the Lord was testing Abraham.
Genesis 28:5 states that Isaac sent Jacob to Padan-aram unto Laban but Jasher 29:11 says that he fled to the house of Eber and
hid there for 14 years.
Jasher 47:9 says Isaac dies, according to the chronology of Jasher, Joseph was in Egypt but in Gen. 35:29 Isaac died before Joseph
had his dreams.
Simeon could not be bound in Jasher 51:37 but in Genesis. 42:24 Simeon is bound before their eyes.
Jasher 51:26-32 -- The brothers tell Joseph (whom they don't recognize) that they are looking for their brother (him). Genesis 42:6-14.
Jasher 78:12-13 -- Pharaoh proclaims no more straw but same amount of bricks (before Moses goes to Pharaoh.) Exodus 5:1,7-8
says it happened after Moses confronts Pharaoh.
Jasher 80:1 "and at the end of two years the Lord sent Moses to Pharaoh" while Exodus 7:14-15 says, "The Lord said unto Moses
get thee unto Pharaoh in the morning.
Jasher 80:2-51 lists these Plagues;
1. Waters into blood (v. 3)/ Exodus 7:20
2. Frogs (v. 6)/ Exodus 8:6
3. Lice (v. 10)/ Exodus 8:17
4. The Lord sent all kinds of beasts into Egypt and destroyed all Egypt ( v.13)/ Not in Exodus
5. Fiery serpents, scorpions, mice, weazles, toads (v. 14)/ Not in Exodus
6. Flies, hornets, fleas, bugs, gnats (v. 15)/ Exodus 8:24
7. All reptiles and winged animals came and grieved the Egyptians (v.16)/ Not in Exodus
8. God ordered the Sulanuth from the sea, she had long arms, 10 cubits in length and she went upon the roofs and uncovered the
raftering and flooring and stretched forth her arm and removed locks and bolts and opened the houses of Egypt.(v. 19-21)/ Not
in Exodus
9. Pestilence (v.24)/ Exodus 9:3
10. Burning inflammation (v. 27)/ Not in Exodus
11. Boils (v. 28)/ Exodus 9:10
12. Hail and fire (v. 30-31)/ Exodus 9:23
13. Locusts (v. 33)/ Exodus 10:13
14. Darkness (v.36)/ Exodus 10:22
15. First born killed (v. 43)/ Exodus 12:29

“WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?”

Since: Mar 08

Any town

#17 Sep 18, 2011
What were the moral lessons in the book of Jasher?
True Ysrayl

Lombard, IL

#18 Sep 28, 2012
cherokee762 wrote:
Not Hebrew Scripture. Explicit evidence that the Book of Jasher was not considered scripture anciently is given in its Hebrew preface. The account is there quoted that when Ptolemy, king of Egypt, requested to have the Jewish holy books, the Israelites felt they could not give the gentiles their sacred writ, so they sent him the Book of Jasher. He was said to have prized it highly, but then discovered it was not their sacred law. When he confronted the Jews, they agreed to translate their Old Testament into Greek, which became known as the Septuagint.[21] If this account is correct, as it appears to be,[22] then even the Aprocrypha was probably considered more sacred than the Book of Jasher because it was included in the translation, whereas the Book of Jasher was not.
The book of Jasher is mentioned in Joshua 10 and also in 2nd Samuel I forget the chapter.

Equa Vdali

#19 Sep 28, 2012
True I will check that out thank you....this post is so long ago I had forgotten about the Topic. Thanks.

Since: Apr 10

Sarasota, FL

#20 Sep 28, 2012
True Ysrayl wrote:
<quoted text> The book of Jasher is mentioned in Joshua 10 and also in 2nd Samuel I forget the chapter.
The word "Jasher" translated means "upright". So its really "The book of the upright" which is mentioned in Joshua and 2nd Samuel. Therefore this other "Jasher" thing preached by Alamo is deceptive and twisted. Like his soul...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fouke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Katie Jewell (Nov '15) Sep 15 Barksdale 22
Venus adult store at the Mandeville exit (Oct '12) Sep 9 Freakycouple 40
Dani Pickens (Sep '11) Sep 3 Effhargroves 2
Venus adult superstore Aug 30 Guest 3
Wanting to make new friends Aug 27 Cooltrk 2
Play Aug 19 sweething 4
Tony Alamo's Baby cemeteries and unlicensed Mid... (Mar '08) Aug '17 Billy Jack 127

Fouke Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fouke Mortgages