Gilead uses deals to expand

Gilead uses deals to expand

There are 2 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Mar 13, 2009, titled Gilead uses deals to expand. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

In announcing its deal to buy Palo Alto-based CV Therapeutics for $1.4 billion, Gilead Sciences followed a path it started down when it realized that its dominance in the HIV-drug market probably wouldn't ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

iroabuchi Onwuka

Carteret, NJ

#1 Mar 21, 2009
Why is this HIV such a business. People are dying ais these drug dealers are only interested in Area. What do we need to hear about this saving the issue concerning the treatment not these Viread, Emvitra, Truvada, Atripla, and so on.

These drugs if you look at them, Emvitra...common to patients here in NewYork and Viread that is common on in Europe, have the same relative composition and ingredients. Atripla I have not read enough about it but isn't time that we pay closer attention to the cure.

Contrary to the above information, Gilead made its name by trying new things in Genetic engineering. Using stem cells they broke new ground for Health business. Then this action filthered into new areas which allowed to swallow businesses.

But they seems to have bottomed out with Merc rising, what I don't seem to undertstand is why HIV drugs are generating this kind of interest from investors. It seems unusual given the amount of money that is coming from Governments of the world. I Decline my interest in Gilead
iroabuchi Onwuka

Carteret, NJ

#2 Mar 21, 2009
people are dying and these drug delear are only interested in money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foster City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman Injured> specialized bike Apr 10 JammedTrailBike 1
Suckelburg needs jailed Apr 10 Ellen 1
Review: Senior Helpers (Mar '16) Jan '17 crkessler 4
News Baby falls from open 3rd-story window in Foster... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Lavanya 1
News PG&E DeSabla cabins may go public (Jul '07) Apr '16 Woodsy Owl 17
Traffic (Oct '15) Oct '15 MikeN 1
Please oppose re-zoning of Edgewater Place Shop... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Foster City Citizen 1

Foster City Jobs

Personal Finance

Foster City Mortgages