Bala S

Redwood City, CA

#1 Dec 9, 2008
I had had positive experiences at this place in the past so I took my car here (although I now live in East Bay) when my "Service Engine Soon" light came on. What followed was hell itself

They "fixed" the problem stating it to be a faulty oxygen sensor near the radiator.

25 miles later the SES light came on again. I took it back and they said the part might have been defective. They "fixed" it again.

25 miles later the SES light came on for the third time. I was getting pretty frustrated now but I decided to give them one last chance. They now said that there was a vacuum leak near the intake manifold. This was "fixed" again.

Lo an behold, 25 miles later the SES light came on again.

At this point I believe I made a very reasonable request. I said I would take the car to the dealer and that I was eligible for at least some refund since they offer a "Warranty" on their service.

The guy I was working with "Sam" started avoiding me. He would never pick up the phone. This morning I took it in. The guy there gave me some C&B story about how there were actually 2 problems and they only fixed one of the problems etc. etc. I just gave up at this point.

I just got a call from my dealer service shop. They said that the problem was to the mass air flow sensor and the oxygen sensor was never bad in the first place. So I am getting that done now after spending 10 days dealing with this incompetence.

I guess these guys just refuse to believe that they can make a mistake. I would at least have accepted an apology in lieu of a refund but all I got was stonewalling... very sad... since I had really put my trust in these guys by giving them not one but three chances to recover from their mistake.
mike d

San Leandro, CA

#2 Jan 6, 2009
WE've had nothing but good experiences with Sam. Have been getting our cars serviced there for years. You probably shouldn't take really complicated car problems to a local gas station anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foster City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) 6 hr Prosperity1 116
News Council approves tentative minimum-wage plan Sun Hmm 2
Catalytic Converter Theft. Toyota Truck/SUV own... (May '07) Sun Jinlonh 953
News Silicon Valley, Bay Area see huge rise in binge... Apr 24 John Colby PhDud 2
yellow cab 650---254----1230 24hr open (Jan '09) Apr 19 jie 22
Please oppose re-zoning of Edgewater Place Shop... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Foster City Citizen 1
News Speier: 'Elaborate ingenuity' needed to tackle ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Angel Nicholson 1
More from around the web

Foster City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]