Ugly incidents at dog park worry Fost...

Ugly incidents at dog park worry Foster City officials

There are 4 comments on the San Jose Mercury News story from Sep 5, 2010, titled Ugly incidents at dog park worry Foster City officials. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

Foster City officials are calling for dog owners to mind their manners after two recent incidents at the city's dog park, including an altercation in which a 69-year-old woman bit and scratched a younger man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

Joey

San Mateo, CA

#1 Sep 12, 2010
There should be a citizen lead group who are there to make sure rules are followed and that the is safe and fun play for the dogs. They should wear a maybe a vest or something to show that they are there to keep the peace and they would have a phone to the police despatch. There many people who frequent the park and would be great at this since they get to know the people and the dogs and would get support from others in the park.
Beverly

Redwood City, CA

#2 Sep 18, 2010
Either my husband or I go to this great dog park five days a week. There are only one or two people who are there looking for trouble and who call the police over inane things. The regulars and the police know who these people are. These people should either stay away or be sure they have taken their medications. The other 99.9% of us can enjoy the dogs and the people. The police and city officials have important things to do. Monitoring the dog park should not have to be one of them. Thank you!
Anon

Burlingame, CA

#3 Sep 18, 2010
I agree with Joey in that the dog park should have a system for making sure rules are followed, but I think somebody officially trained in animal behavior should be on staff. Laymen can't always make the right judgement between aggression and play. There are plenty of bad owners at this park that definitely can't make that distinction and that goes both ways. There are plenty of terrible owners that frequent this park who don't know how to keep an eye on, handle, or observe dogs.
The Carpet Whisperer

United States

#4 Sep 18, 2010
You use different names to deficate on whaqt you don't want seen. Wow. This is science?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foster City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Francisco leads the country in African-Amer... 2 hr jaime 38
News San Francisco leads the country in African-Amer... Mar 21 Dudley 16
News Portola Valley: Suspect in January residential ... Mar 21 Liberals are dumb 1
Need Help: 100-Year-Old Surprise Birthday Card ... Mar 19 ryan02004 1
News 2 schools named after eugenics advocates to get... Mar 19 CodeTalker 2
Review: Senior Helpers (Mar '16) Jan '17 crkessler 4
News Baby falls from open 3rd-story window in Foster... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Lavanya 1

Foster City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Foster City Mortgages