Bay Area jobs market won't recover un...

Bay Area jobs market won't recover until 2015, forecast says

There are 14 comments on the SiliconValley.com story from Apr 3, 2010, titled Bay Area jobs market won't recover until 2015, forecast says. In it, SiliconValley.com reports that:

From right, PeninsulaWorks employment coordinator Hal Karaoka and volunteers Joseph Padilla and Barbara Blake help job seekers with writing resumes and cover letters on March 29, 2010 in Daly City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SiliconValley.com.

laythem off

Redwood City, CA

#1 Apr 4, 2010
I remember this:
1. I was working, my classmate said 'shut up, dont fire my parents, so I can afford UC'. Did I finish CSM-CSU, NO.
2. I was told be christian, the teacher only made a small mistake. Business ed can teach University english.
3. I was told no school prayers, by EOE female teachers. even criticism for having a rosary in my school bag. i was searched while in the bookstore.
4. I remember the comment bring enough for everyone, thats my lunch bag.
5. I remember the comment, get a job, but you cant go out and play....
I vote against the Univesity system,

“JC POOLPOOL”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Apr 4, 2010
2015 or 2016 ! ten year cycle! normal!
Captain A

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Apr 4, 2010
jcpoolpool wrote:
2015 or 2016 ! ten year cycle! normal!
Its the CASTRO/OBAMA economic model of economic success....eliminate the middle class, have a super rich pilot bureau for control and use class and race war fare to keep the lower classes attacking each other as to mask economic failure from creating revolution

“JC POOLPOOL”

Location hidden

#4 Apr 5, 2010
NO, LEGALIZE AND TAX POT IN ONE STATE, MINE, CALIFORNIA, ATTRACT BACK OUR 8 BILLION LOST WITH IN A YEAR! stop the flow of money south tired of this shit~
yes

Redwood City, CA

#5 Apr 5, 2010
I remember being under 23, the pay is clearly lower class.
I listened to the older group, more pay 30 year olds and higher. Lets face it, they never had jobs in a 2 year college program and went back to avoid working. The parents set them up, even helps watch grand children. My classmates that are single moved back home, making the house income big. Some classmates without relationship issues, went back to school the person has 2 University Degrees in one field.

“JC POOLPOOL”

Location hidden

#6 Apr 5, 2010
off topix above! the economy is slow here now. it is not like 1996 ~ war, dot com, mortgage mess, unemployement 12 % this is really bad.

“JC POOLPOOL”

Location hidden

#7 Apr 5, 2010
oil up, stock market up, unemployement up!
Burned inSantaClara4x

Redwood City, CA

#8 Apr 8, 2010
I am not sure really?
But did anyone notice, one person in the company has a MBenz, BMW, Porche...
The other persons with credentials earns 1/2 the pay? Really shows up at work, and performs.
How can you justify the pay for a 50 year old degreed, and a 20 year old doing 2x as better?
neil signo

Redwood City, CA

#9 Apr 8, 2010
I am not sure really?
But did anyone notice, one person in the company has a MBenz, BMW, Porche...
The other persons with credentials earns 1/2 the pay? Really shows up at work, and performs.
How can you justify the pay for a 50 year old degreed, and a 20 year old doing 2x as better?
Is the BMW, Lexus, owner looking for women? The car repair history is 2x.
lifes fair

Redwood City, CA

#10 Apr 23, 2010
One less I learned at a local University:
1. The teacher can give 'F' for final grade, even if the other grades are 'C or B'.
2. The teacher claimed 'you get what you pay for at $800 a semester'.
3. The teacher claimed 'Even the Physics teacher can take the place of English ed to Math ed.'
4. The teacher claim 'I am over 30, top of the food chain, your a 'tad pole'.
5. The brother inlaw really said 'I want the share of the pie, your college money.' About a year before the divorce, person lived in my parents home. two children, free babysitter, free groceries,... before I turned 22 in school.
laughin joke

Redwood City, CA

#11 Apr 23, 2010
I have had teachers claim to be the student, really said "I am .. ".
I have had teacher that asked to see the students house keys to make copies. Even a coworker tried it.
I have had a coworker claim to be US Army with a degree in engineering and business management that works in the retail store.
I have had a coworker claim my personal car a 4 door sedan 4cycliner, belongs to the company president, who drives a v-8 2 door mercedes benz and a v-8 700series BMW.
I have had a coworker claim my parents house is for sale.
laughin joke

Redwood City, CA

#12 Apr 23, 2010
I have had employee annual reviews, late by 2 months. The manager is still there, 2 years after I quit.
I was at a new job, hr manager offered women to my new work manager calling to verify former work.
I have had coworkers claim to be the 'US senator'...
I have had coworker open my soda and snack bag, to 'share' it was a manager coworker. how did the person become 'manager' with such theft, called 'office manners'.
laughin joke

Redwood City, CA

#13 Apr 23, 2010
I was fired by companies that kept people with Bachelor Degrees in other field. The claim I paid $100,000 for a degree in other to work for your company! In fact, it takes a Bachelor Degree to read the company forms!
I was fired by companies, that 'felt' sorry the person needs 'car payments, house payments, up at 3am to feed a 4 year old child, has a child in CSU-UC,...' thats why the person cant perform at work.

“JC POOLPOOL”

Location hidden

#14 Apr 23, 2010
THAT SEEMS RIGHT ON THE MONEY~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foster City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook Tue Peace Lover 2
News The most accurate climate change models are the... Dec 10 Jack Offandon 4
Review: Senior Helpers (Mar '16) Jan '17 crkessler 4
News Baby falls from open 3rd-story window in Foster... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Lavanya 1
News PG&E DeSabla cabins may go public (Jul '07) Apr '16 Woodsy Owl 17
Traffic (Oct '15) Oct '15 MikeN 1
Please oppose re-zoning of Edgewater Place Shop... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Foster City Citizen 1

Foster City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Foster City Mortgages