California AB 10: New Computer Profes...

California AB 10: New Computer Professional Overtime Law Takes ...

There are 1 comment on the PRWeb story from Oct 30, 2008, titled California AB 10: New Computer Professional Overtime Law Takes .... In it, PRWeb reports that:

The new law, which takes effect immediately, amends existing overtime exemptions contained in Section 515.5 of the California Labor Code for computer professionals in two primary areas; employee duties and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Dustin

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Oct 31, 2008
The person who wrote this is clearly a a bean-counter of some sort.

"This dramatically streamlines the recordkeeping process ..."

Yeah, because record-keeping is so hard with ya know software that automates all the hard work of calculating OT, figuring out how much needs to be set aside for taxes, etc.

"and reduces the risk of potential lawsuits arising from employees which worked more than 40 hours in one week causing the hourly compensation rate to drop below the $36 per hour level."

Great for employers horrible for the 220,000 computer professionals employed in California. Mark my words with the state of the economy and the insane cost of living in SoCAL, software engineers are going to evacuate the state enmasse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foster City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redwood City: Tenants protest large rent hikes ... Sun Redwood City 2
HELP STOP Discrimination against Agricultural Z... Jan 9 un agenda 21 4
News Man gets 6 months in cockfighting (Mar '08) Jan 9 un agenda 21 20
Google likely to buy Instagram from Facebook (Feb '17) Jan 8 No Tweets 3
Facebook Jan 8 Jew Boy 6
Facebook to shut down the entire website (Feb '17) Jan 7 Logger 3
Review: Senior Helpers (Mar '16) Jan '17 crkessler 4

Foster City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance