California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments (Page 165)

Showing posts 3,281 - 3,300 of4,559
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Flares

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

More than enough, but it's still weak.

But who bothers to read them anyway, just post over and move on.

And hope their parents make them go to bed.
dogs rule

North Bend, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

David wrote:
Social engineering strikes again. What a waste of time and effort. And the authors of this legislation probably think they are saving the world ... How about solving the real issues?

I agree... why ban one plastic product and not all of them? I want to know what the REAL agenda is behind this issue, cuz it is clearly NOT about these bags in landfills. When these bags are outlawed, then ppl will use the expensive and thicker, slower to break down hefty garbage bags to pollute the landfills.. any civic engineer knows this... and so should any thinking American.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

dogs rule wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree... why ban one plastic product and not all of them? I want to know what the REAL agenda is behind this issue, cuz it is clearly NOT about these bags in landfills. When these bags are outlawed, then ppl will use the expensive and thicker, slower to break down hefty garbage bags to pollute the landfills.. any civic engineer knows this... and so should any thinking American.
dogs rule.

The reason is clear - revolution for the sake of revolution. When the revolutionaries came to power, they rejected thousands of years of hard learned wisdom. The instruction manual records nearly all of that which has been rejected by the revolutionary ruling class:

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels," (Revelation 12:7)

"And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven." (Revelation 12:8)

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." (Revelation 12:9)

"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night." (Revelation 12:10)

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." (Revelation 12:11)

"Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time." (Revelation 12:12)

Most of these revolutionary ideas that have no purpose other than to harass the minority of Long Beacers who pay taxes are dreamed up and applied here first because Long Beach is home to one of the most radical of the State's unbelievable expensive taxpayer funded universities. This November, the voters will have the chance to vote down all of the various tax increase proposals that are designed to further revolutionary harassment. Let us hope the voters make the right choice this time.

Ronald

Canned

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

No it' candy wrappers that need to be thrown away!
Andrew

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

When is the Andrew is driving to San Diego, California and get ready moved to San Diego?
Club

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

This is like the old mickey mouse club, roll call.
LUNA

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Commander Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>R A C I S T !
FYI...mexica and his profile has been removed from topix...no longer exists!
Spike

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Spike says; it makes holes in plastic bags.

“Light fuse, then get away!”

Since: Aug 08

Use under adult supervision!.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Good Spike, sit, stay.
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

LUNA wrote:
<quoted text>FYI...mexica and his profile has been removed from topix...no longer exists!
oh thats terrible...

now where am I gonna shi+
Spike

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

You mean No Blabber.
Just me

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Tell that to the many manufacturing companies in Los Angeles alone.
conquistador1519 wrote:
<quoted text> LMAO, Due to Liberal political ideology, California is bankrupt, and has been for a decade now. The liberals have given it all away for votes to stay in power. Soon California will fall victim to the parasites looking for a host to feed on! Manufacturing companies and businesses have either moved overseas or out of State! Facts that can't be disproven!
Just me

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

Any single use plastic should be banned when there are other feasible alternatives. Besides, it's not just a matter of polluting landfills, those bags easily travel miles on the wind and end up in waterways. Try doing a coastal cleanup sometime and you will see how bad the bag problem can get.
dogs rule wrote:
<quoted text>
Spike

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

Crews stabilized the situation Wednesday night, but they may be working to fill in the massive hole for days.
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Spike wrote:
Crews stabilized the situation Wednesday night, but they may be working to fill in the massive hole for days.
thats the only chance moochelle has to get off
Spike

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

Did you say Ryan needs his head examined?

Since: Aug 12

Jackson St Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Ya whats wrong with paper bags? all the logs come from Canada anyway lmao. they won't allow us any industry here. The day you dictate to me what bags i carry my food home in is the day I start growing my own food and homesteading like the old days. Lets see how you corporations do when that movement starts. Pisses me off, who do you guys think you are? Plastic bags are bad for the environment though, but paper bags should be priced into the goods already.
Spike

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

Still spilling your guts out about plastic?

Since: Sep 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

LUNA wrote:
<quoted text>FYI...mexica and his profile has been removed from topix...no longer exists!
Gloop!
Spike

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

Whey read it, just post over it or paint over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,281 - 3,300 of4,559
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Fortuna Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fortuna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance