Feds begin commercial grow house crac...

Feds begin commercial grow house crackdown

There are 236 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jun 24, 2008, titled Feds begin commercial grow house crackdown. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Federal agents began a series of planned operations directed at commercial marijuana grow houses today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Anonymous

United States

#1 Jun 24, 2008
Pretty lame, Times-Standard. You're the last ones to know about this. Quoting from the North Coast Journal's website. For shame.
True Neutral

Mountain View, CA

#2 Jun 24, 2008
Where's the rest of the story?
Bill the Chimp

New York, NY

#3 Jun 24, 2008
Ah yes, its about time! Once the smoke clears (so to speak), this will be a better place to live. Run dirtbags, run!! They are going to love you in Federal prison. Gallegos can't help you now be-atch!
Just a thought

United States

#4 Jun 24, 2008
Time to run the mafia growers and their DA out of the county!
WOW

Martinez, CA

#5 Jun 24, 2008
THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN.
Voice of Reason

San Francisco, CA

#6 Jun 24, 2008
Far out. Maybe we can get back to something resembling a normal economy.
Lee Schmortz

Newark, CA

#7 Jun 24, 2008
Great news. What's the best way to get a tip to these officers? I'm looking forward to getting my neighborhood cleaned up.
Observer Too

Union City, CA

#8 Jun 24, 2008
Right on for law enforcement!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!!!!! Rid this country of all the crappy shyt!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

United States

#9 Jun 24, 2008
I'm embarrassed for you, Times-Standard. The North Coast Journal, the Eureka Reporter, the Humboldt Herald all have some breaking information on these busts. Local radio is all over it. But our daily newspaper has next to nothing. The Times-Standard shoul be the first place Humboldt County comes to for breaking news. How could you be caught with your pants down?
Ar-Qaida Eye

United States

#10 Jun 24, 2008
Good job Feds. Even growers have to admit that it got way too out of control in Ar-Qaida. Perhaps this will bring supply/demand back to some normalcy.
Responsible 215 Patient

Campbell, CA

#12 Jun 24, 2008
Illegal growers put shame on those of us who are catastrophically ill and who truly medicate with cannabis.
Greed always hurts the innocent.
Nothing but the Truth

Eureka, CA

#13 Jun 24, 2008
It's about time everyone recognizes that the true problem is marijuana, not meth!
Anonymous

Arcata, CA

#14 Jun 24, 2008
Hey, where is that yard sale?
AMW

United States

#15 Jun 24, 2008
Responsible 215 Patient wrote:
Illegal growers put shame on those of us who are catastrophically ill and who truly medicate with cannabis.
Greed always hurts the innocent.
I can't agree more - having grown up in Southern Humboldt I can say it is not the plant itself but it's value and the greed that followed that is the problem. I watched greed poison an entire generation.
YEAH

Sonora, CA

#16 Jun 24, 2008
Time to party! Finally our town is being cleaned up a little. No one locally would do it. Arcatans are actually cheering the federal government this day. It's crazy, but true.
Umm

Sonora, CA

#17 Jun 24, 2008
#9, we really don't care what a Hayward resident thinks of our daily newspaper.
True Neutral

Mountain View, CA

#18 Jun 24, 2008
finally, some meat to the story
Anonymous

United States

#19 Jun 24, 2008
Uh...#17, #9 is a Eureka resident. Apparently you haven't learned about broadband providers and their ISP addresses yet.
GEORGE BUSH

United States

#20 Jun 24, 2008
bow down to the nazi empire. give away your rights, stay in your house. be a slave to the empire, work all day just to have enough money to buy gas and some food. go watch american idol and pay your taxes to this neocon government. if you think this is a good day then you dont see the big picture. These people are familes, brothers and sisters who support this economy. the real problem in this county is meth. the times-standard sucks for waiting till now to post this. it was on craigs list last week. Big up arcata and sohum. keep up the fight.
WOW

Palo Alto, CA

#21 Jun 24, 2008
Bill the Chimp wrote:
Ah yes, its about time! Once the smoke clears (so to speak), this will be a better place to live. Run dirtbags, run!! They are going to love you in Federal prison. Gallegos can't help you now be-atch!
Did you really even read this article, no charges are looking and being filed. While we do need to get rid of these large distributors, some people still need to keep there comment turned off as well.
It's not like they are petifiles, so I doubt they would be worrying about prison like your ass would!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fortuna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Plz help May 25 Adriilee 1
News 2 die in Fields Landing blaze; Humboldt Bay Fir... (Apr '14) May '16 penny miller 4
Stuck in birmingham al May '16 Corey moore 1
News Rohnerville Buddhas out City prevails in abatem... (Dec '08) May '16 pat ruelle 3
News Dowdy to be released today (Jul '08) Apr '16 dirty dave 57
News 'Armed and dangerous' -- authorities arrest sus... (Jul '10) Mar '16 MLK 74
Wanna go home Mar '16 George 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fortuna Mortgages