Palin surveys flood damage - KTVA

Full story: KTVA Anchorage

Governor Sarah Palin speaking on the state's flood preparation and management efforts.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Diaa

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2009

Thanks and best wishes to all. Just because you're not Louisiana doesn't mean you're not AMERICA! Our prayers are with all of you for a speedy and healthy recovery. I'm sure it's hard to imagine now, but 'climate change' might actually bring a lot of GOOD things to Alaska. Stay strong!
Sally

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2009

Hang in there, Alaskans, you will get through this. The Governor will make sure of it.
TRUTH REPORTER

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

They knew it was rising why didnt they move their stuff to higher grounds?
Mae

Wasilla, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

The fast and early freeze up of rural Alaska's transportation routes (rivers), can and has been proven to be a diaster, as well.

I by no means wish to diminish the damage and loss created by the spring flooding on the Yukon River. No way.

The Yukon River, is a natural transportation route (as opposed to a asphalt highway, which maintence is an object of operation), where the creation of a natural diaster can occur in the spring and fall.

I just see the quick, unexpected early freeze up of the almighty Yukon River, creating a diaster last fall.

I wish those caught up in the unexpected expansive mood swings of the Yukon, be safe, healthy and able to recover. God bless to all whom live on its banks.
AlaskanSheilah

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Well the Anchorage Daily News apparently isn't aware that Stevens Village is floating away and it looks like Tanana is next!

Please KTVA, keep us posted! Especially with what we can do to help!!!

Anchorage, please pray for the villages and people of the mighty Yukon River. So far, there are no reports of anyone being lost. GOD be willing, it will stay that way.

If you can, please help.
AlaskanSheilah

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Out of Staters, I refer you to www.newsminer.com to read up on this situation.

To Truthreporter.....you'd have to be there. First off: In most areas.......there is no 'higher' ground for many many miles with NO ROADS.....hello Alaska.....the USA 'pristine wilderness park'. There are reports that the onslaught of the river happens in minutes... I am sure many HAVE moved some of their things to higher ground, if it's available. That's not going to stop the river of ice shards from ripping up all you can't carry with you... the big ticket items, like one's house, or boat or generator etc. etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Yukon Discussions

Search the Fort Yukon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
homeowner's weekend workshops (Oct '13) Oct '13 AK CRAFTSMAN HOME PROGRAM 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
AK Who do you support for Governor in Alaska in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '13 Nope 24
Tracing family history in Fort Yukon (Nov '07) May '12 Joanne Carroll 2
Temperatures fall to 50below in Fairbanks; smal... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Lee 1
-60 in Alaska this morning! Startling January c... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Blank 1
Obama awards 13 Presidential Medals (Oct '11) Oct '11 Wartime V 2
•••
•••