Palin surveys flood damage - KTVA

Palin surveys flood damage - KTVA

There are 6 comments on the KTVA Anchorage story from May 8, 2009, titled Palin surveys flood damage - KTVA. In it, KTVA Anchorage reports that:

Governor Sarah Palin speaking on the state's flood preparation and management efforts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVA Anchorage.

Diaa

AOL

#1 May 9, 2009
Thanks and best wishes to all. Just because you're not Louisiana doesn't mean you're not AMERICA! Our prayers are with all of you for a speedy and healthy recovery. I'm sure it's hard to imagine now, but 'climate change' might actually bring a lot of GOOD things to Alaska. Stay strong!
Sally

Windsor Locks, CT

#2 May 9, 2009
Hang in there, Alaskans, you will get through this. The Governor will make sure of it.
TRUTH REPORTER

Anchorage, AK

#3 May 10, 2009
They knew it was rising why didnt they move their stuff to higher grounds?
Mae

Wasilla, AK

#4 May 11, 2009
The fast and early freeze up of rural Alaska's transportation routes (rivers), can and has been proven to be a diaster, as well.

I by no means wish to diminish the damage and loss created by the spring flooding on the Yukon River. No way.

The Yukon River, is a natural transportation route (as opposed to a asphalt highway, which maintence is an object of operation), where the creation of a natural diaster can occur in the spring and fall.

I just see the quick, unexpected early freeze up of the almighty Yukon River, creating a diaster last fall.

I wish those caught up in the unexpected expansive mood swings of the Yukon, be safe, healthy and able to recover. God bless to all whom live on its banks.
AlaskanSheilah

Anchorage, AK

#5 May 12, 2009
Well the Anchorage Daily News apparently isn't aware that Stevens Village is floating away and it looks like Tanana is next!

Please KTVA, keep us posted! Especially with what we can do to help!!!

Anchorage, please pray for the villages and people of the mighty Yukon River. So far, there are no reports of anyone being lost. GOD be willing, it will stay that way.

If you can, please help.
AlaskanSheilah

Anchorage, AK

#6 May 12, 2009
Out of Staters, I refer you to www.newsminer.com to read up on this situation.

To Truthreporter.....you'd have to be there. First off: In most areas.......there is no 'higher' ground for many many miles with NO ROADS.....hello Alaska.....the USA 'pristine wilderness park'. There are reports that the onslaught of the river happens in minutes... I am sure many HAVE moved some of their things to higher ground, if it's available. That's not going to stop the river of ice shards from ripping up all you can't carry with you... the big ticket items, like one's house, or boat or generator etc. etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Twila Strom as Council Member? (Nov '15) Nov '15 Keith 1
News Interior Alaska Man Takes 46-Mile Stroll in -35... (Feb '15) Feb '15 -Lea- 11
homeowner's weekend workshops (Oct '13) Oct '13 AK CRAFTSMAN HOME... 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
Tracing family history in Fort Yukon (Nov '07) May '12 Joanne Carroll 2
News Temperatures fall to 50below in Fairbanks; smal... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Lee 1
News -60 in Alaska this morning! Startling January c... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Blank 1

Fort Yukon Jobs

Personal Finance

Fort Yukon Mortgages