My two cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Hi Chelsea. For starters nobody in are culture uses the word buffer. The best thing you could do for us is if you see us around treat us like normal people.
Chelsea wrote:
By the way, you people have a kick ass culture that is appealing to me in several ways. But the close minded nature of some people regarding you travellers is unbelievable. It seems to me that this reputation is rapidly changing in the united states as people learn more about you on the internet, TV, etc. For everyones' sake I hope this is true.
haha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Chelsea wrote:
I am motivated to act in my local area in order to help advocate for travellers in the best way that I can. I am a buffer, so any advice from a traveller would be warmly welcome. Thanks.
just a little help no one says buffer thats just on the show the riches, and you would be suprized how normal travelers are they are completly normal people. so if you meet any just treat them like one and we will be nice to you.
Sndelgado

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

The travelers may scam or be dishonest, but they are the closest bunch of people I have ever met . Even at such a young age they are capable of so much, we could learn a thing or two... Yes it can be overwhelming to be around them but they are no different from anyone else. They pay for a lot of thing with cash upfront and while it may be difficult to deal with some, not all are bad...
Shop local

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Tim Pat Coogan wrote:
Distractions of life Local.Thanks for the warm welcome..If I could post my Romney yard sign I would..I've voted for the lesser of the two evils on a couple occasions, this isn't one if those times..Obama might not be evil in his intent, but the effects on this country certainly have been..The massive increase in government dependency , the defacto amnesty both of which are designed to create a permanent democratic majority..Sewing the seeds of our continued decline...Most important election since 1980, maybe more so..
I have been really busy... We got got it in the caboos on the election. Obama is gonna have this cou try so F'd up by the end of his 2nd term we may never recover. I will say this the gun talk and my 2nd amendment right being on shifting ground. I'm willing to stand on my doorstep and die for that right to bear arms.
Tim Pat Coogan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

My two cents wrote:
Hi Chelsea. For starters nobody in are culture uses the word buffer. The best thing you could do for us is if you see us around treat us like normal people. <quoted text>
Looks like she's seen the film Trojan Eddie cents..F.T.R. Chelsea "buffer" is used by the I.T.'s in Eire to describe non-Travellers, the I.T.'s here generally say "Country people".. Which is admittably odd being that most of us have been here well over a century...lol
Tim Pat Coogan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Shop local wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been really busy... We got got it in the caboos on the election. Obama is gonna have this cou try so F'd up by the end of his 2nd term we may never recover. I will say this the gun talk and my 2nd amendment right being on shifting ground. I'm willing to stand on my doorstep and die for that right to bear arms.
Merry Christmas Local, and all the best in the new year..Not our country anymore, time to be smart and do the things that one can to protect your family...
easyontheeyes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

I just say reff or half reff
Shop local

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Tim Pat Coogan wrote:
<quoted text>Merry Christmas Local, and all the best in the new year..Not our country anymore, time to be smart and do the things that one can to protect your family...
We are in full survival ready mode here. I honestly think we will need to protect ourself from our own Government as some point. Some cash will be good to have but I it really goes south bullets and gold will become currency. Along with other goods that can be traded. I do not think they could get the men and women of our armed forces to turn on us Americans.

Store up some water fuel and trading goods for your family.
Random Dude

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

I live in West Fort Worth and I have heard so much about the Irish Travellers who live here but I have never met any.

If any local traveller wants me to buy them a coffee in return for some cultural insight, email me: fwvector@gmail.com

I don't judge, life is short. Purely curious / interested.
Shop local

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Random Dude wrote:
I live in West Fort Worth and I have heard so much about the Irish Travellers who live here but I have never met any.
If any local traveller wants me to buy them a coffee in return for some cultural insight, email me: fwvector@gmail.com
I don't judge, life is short. Purely curious / interested.
Good luck with that one. They are private and not into giving insight. Plus they can afforde their own coffee. I will be surprised if anyone from the IT community responds to you.
judge bill

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Do those irish traveler's wife still put out, I heard through a Fort worth Policemen, ten were always in Walmart's parking lot.
Tim Pat Coogan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

judge bill wrote:
Do those irish traveler's wife still put out, I heard through a Fort worth Policemen, ten were always in Walmart's parking lot.
They sure do "Judge Bill"..Just head on over to the Silver Dollar Saloon round about 11:00 p.m. on any giving Friday or Saturday night..If you don't see the girls at first, dont worry..Just ask any of the ruddy faced fellows at the bar..They'll hook you up...P.S...Be sure and give us all a update on how you made out..BEST OF LUCK!
Paver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Yeah all the easy women are at the dollar on cherry lane just come on down and ask around
Dawty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Dawty dawty the rumnys came to party!
tony lindzy

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

All us it's r crooked
patty cool

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

I agree tony lets ask whitey
whitey

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

I kinda agree we hve screwed lots of old people over
tony lindzy

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Hey lets get together in texas and see who we can screw outta there money..
padre bill

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

They steal, rob,murder and their wives prostitute their bodies.
Paver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Get lost padre bill

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Fort Worth Forum right now

Search the Fort Worth Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 20 min Gasman 17,108
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Gasman 21,547
gangs of fort worth Tx (Sep '10) 2 hr It is what it is 23
Buck's Cabaret on Mecham Blvd (Oct '10) 2 hr curious 67
Aid Group: 2 Americans have Ebola in Liberia 7 hr Ibn Natas 1
Runoff victor to be publicly sworn in as family... (Sep '06) 19 hr Victim 66
Popular Paschal history teacher honored with pa... 20 hr Dana Arnn 3
•••
•••

Fort Worth News Video

•••
Fort Worth Dating

more search filters