2 Killed In Overnight Multi-Car Wreck

2 Killed In Overnight Multi-Car Wreck

There are 54 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Mar 1, 2008, titled 2 Killed In Overnight Multi-Car Wreck. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Police said two women died after a truck fleeing a hit-and-run slammed into three other vehicles in Fort Worth early Saturday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
good citizen

San Antonio, TX

#1 Mar 1, 2008
Another drunk driver - I guess it is consider an "accident" and he/she get probation.
tired of stupidity

United States

#2 Mar 1, 2008
yes, another drunk driver that thought it would be better to kill two people than to spend a night in jail! i wonder if their going to get a ticket for that?
Guano-man

San Marcos, TX

#3 Mar 1, 2008
Everyone is quick to yell 'gun control'. How about alcohol control? I dare say more deaths occur due to alcohol than gun shot wounds.
tired of stupidity

United States

#4 Mar 1, 2008
i hear you, your absolutely right! but there are more alcoholics in the government that will make sure that alcohol will always be around.
Witness

AOL

#5 Mar 1, 2008
We came up on this wreck while trying to go eat at Taco Cabana and if you would have seen this you would never want to even thing about getting in a car after driving. It was very sobering to see them pull the bodies of 2 inocent people out of the car. The scene was much worse in person than the pictures can ever show!!
Aunt of victim

Seymour, CT

#6 Mar 1, 2008
If you or anyone you spoke to witnessed this horrible tragedy, please contact me through nbc5! My niece was the 18 yr. old innocent driver of the cadillac, who also was the mother of the baby that was ejected from her car! Now in the hospital in serious condition! Please, the family needs your help! Thank you all for responding! God Bless, the family of Danielle
49er 4life

Cedar Hill, TX

#7 Mar 1, 2008
have a other 4 the road.. dumbass
Lisa Marie

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Mar 1, 2008
WHAT A TERRIBLE INCIDENT. I NEW BOTH CYNTHIA AND DANIELLE. MAY THEY REST IN PEACE TO THEIR FAMILIES YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS.
FedUp

Haltom City, TX

#9 Mar 2, 2008
it will be interesting to see who the driver and passenger were in the fleeing vehicle since they have not released any identification. I have noticed that certain racial groups do not have their I.D's given out so as not to show the true extent to which they contribute to the crime rates, and seeing how this particular part of town houses a large population of our neighbors from south of the border, as well as many bars catering to Latino's only, I won't be surprised if they are Latinos much less if they never even report another word on this crime.The MSM will sweep it under the rug and hope the Citizens don't get wind of what is really going on.
FedUp

Haltom City, TX

#10 Mar 2, 2008
And guano-man is correct, cars and alcohol both kill more people than guns. Yet autos are LICENSED and REGISTERED, booze is licensed and regulated. Yet the MSM won't dare make that comparison either. It might upset their advertisers who push these goods. If you want to do something about DWI's impact on society as a whole the police need to stake out bars like they do CRACK HOUSES and bust the drunks as soon as they hit the streets with a random sobriety road block at the end of the driveway coming from the BAR.
James

Fort Worth, TX

#11 Mar 2, 2008
I agree. It's sad to see the loss of life because of the ignorance of others. Why don't they put more pressure on the bars? A DUI should be considered attempted vehicular manslaughter everytime someone gets a DUI. The sad thing is that the driver will probably face less than 15 years jail time if that. People die everyday from drunk drivers. IN 2005 MORE THAN 16,000 PEOPLE DIED DUE TO ALCOHOL RELATED ACCIDENTS. We've been at war in IRAQ for over five years now and have had 4,000 heroes laid to rest. What is more dangerous? My wife and I try not to drive after 10pm, especially on the weekends!
candice

Euless, TX

#12 Mar 2, 2008
Amy, I am here if you need me. I think about you all the time, and miss you very much. My deepest sympathy for you and all the kids. We have the same OLD number we had before...just call me if I can do anything at all for you. Hollie sends her love also. Just remember I will always love you as one of my best friends I have ever had. You and the kids will be in our prayers!
love candice
angela

Grand Prairie, TX

#13 Mar 2, 2008
OK yes everything that happend is very wrong and NO they sould not have been behind the wheel but I know the people that were in the truck and they BOTH are very sorry....they both are beond themseleves.....they have said over and over they dont care what happens to them now as long as the baby is ok because they know they should have never gotten behind the wheel...they made the wrost choice the ever have in their lives. And to the guy saying the stuff about their race..you are wrong! Whites AND blacks drink and drive just as much as mexicans but you dont hear about it as much because they cover up for them. If they are mexican they ALWAYS put it in the news but MANY times a white or black person has caused death by drinking and driving and they have NOT put it in the news!!! Again this WHOLE family is very sorry and our prayers have been with nothing but the families of the viticms! May God be with you and yours during this hard time! And to everyone else you can put down the drive all you want but you don't know the whole story and you don't know how they feel, they are very quilt and feel horrible for it.
Dayna Arlington

Grand Prairie, TX

#14 Mar 2, 2008
Angela I see what are trying to say and I agree about whites and blacks drinking just as mcuh and I know my friend was killed by a druck driver and the person that was in that car was a white and a balck guy. Also the accident that happened a couple of weeks ago were the 18yr boy was driving his friend's car thought he was sober enough to drive instead of his friend that was also 18yrs old and 2 white guys so he drove and is friend was in the passenger seat his friend hit a a car head on killing the woman that was driving and leaving the 2 kids in serious condition and his friend that was in the passenger seat will no longer be able to walk again and has already had 3 surgeries within a week and his friend that was driving is of course going to jail for intoxication manslaughter and 3 counts of injury to other lives that were in those cars. But I don't agree with they know what they did was wrong it's like they said instead of spending the night in Jail there are now 2 innocent people that are now dead and if that baby pulls through that child will no longer have his/her mother and will never be able to get to know his/her mother. Anyways to me there is no I'm sorry for what I did you can't just say your sorry and think that you will be forgotten because that's not how it works so for my friend that was killed by a drunk driver and also a friend of my brother's that was killed by a drunk driver I will never and I mean never forgive you for what you did you should have none better and should have a called cab same as those people in that truck but you guys were to stupid and thought that ya'll were not that druck at all to get behind the wheel so don't tell me that you are sorry for what you did because it dosen't matter it's not going to make it right or even bring them back so grow up and stop being so stupid.
Yvonne

United States

#15 Mar 2, 2008
As the mother of the young boy that was in the Explorer, I hope that the driver does get the maximum sentence... That could have been my son that they killed. I sent him to his dads for his weekend visit and never thought that it could have been the last time I ever saw him.
And to ANGELA- I am so tired of all this racial crap you are putting out, my son is half White and half Spanish, when married to his father I KNOW how the Spanish community get treated, those people should have thought about what could happen BEFORE they went out drinking and driving.I just hope that the few minutes they spent drinkin it up and the money they wasted was worth it!!!It doesn't matter how the driver feels, they should have been more responsible,and done the right thing.It's not that drinking and driving was the only bad choice they made- what about the accident that they were fleeing from when they caused this one.. OH and killed 2 innocent people.So YES-YET ANOTHET BAD CHOICE FOR THEM.
Puzzled

Fort Worth, TX

#16 Mar 2, 2008
Gee, Angela. Imagine that! The pickup driver that murdered two people early Saturday morning feels "very sorry." Yes, murdered. That is the only way to describe people who drink and get behind the wheel of a vehicle they don't have the common sense or motor skills to control. And the baby is "ok"? Two people, including the baby's mother, are dead because of this woman's stupidity but the baby is "ok?" One only hopes that justice will prevail and the driver of the murder weapon will have reason to feel a lot sorrier while she is sitting out the rest of her days in prison.
henderson

United States

#17 Mar 2, 2008
I feel more sorry for the people that did survive the horrible thing Friday Night, at least the people responsible for it all can still live on hopefully in a prison somewhere but the ones that lost their life--That's it for them and their families. Last I remember they do have cabs for people that can't drive and the ones that choose not to.That would have been a GOOD choice for these 2 that MADE A BAD CHOICE.
Storm Chaser

Fort Worth, TX

#18 Mar 2, 2008
Puzzled wrote:
Gee, Angela. Imagine that! The pickup driver that murdered two people early Saturday morning feels "very sorry." Yes, murdered. That is the only way to describe people who drink and get behind the wheel of a vehicle they don't have the common sense or motor skills to control. And the baby is "ok"? Two people, including the baby's mother, are dead because of this woman's stupidity but the baby is "ok?" One only hopes that justice will prevail and the driver of the murder weapon will have reason to feel a lot sorrier while she is sitting out the rest of her days in prison.
I wondered if anyone would have the guts to call this what it is. Murder. Not Intoxication Manslaughter. From Angela's post, and clearly from her whining and self-serving attitude, she has close ties with the suspect, the stage is already being set to portray Padilla as the victim in this tragedy instead of the two young women she killed.
Christian Woman

United States

#19 Mar 2, 2008
Angela, listen i know you probably feel bad for what happened. Yes, u knew the two girls in the truck who caused the accident. However, this really has nothing to do with race ok. It does not matter what race, if you drink you should not get behind the wheel, its as simple as that. Now the two girls might feel very sorry for what happened. But right now they need to ask GOD for forgiveness. He will be the only one to forgive them. We are not here to judge people or wish them the worst. No matter if they serve life in jail, this will never bring the two love ones back. All we can do is pray for both families, let GOD take care of this. We must believe in him and trust him and he will see that justice is served and he bring peace to both families. I know its easier said than done. But we must believe in our hearts that Jesus is Lord. God Bless both families.
angela wrote:
OK yes everything that happend is very wrong and NO they sould not have been behind the wheel but I know the people that were in the truck and they BOTH are very sorry....they both are beond themseleves.....they have said over and over they dont care what happens to them now as long as the baby is ok because they know they should have never gotten behind the wheel...they made the wrost choice the ever have in their lives. And to the guy saying the stuff about their race..you are wrong! Whites AND blacks drink and drive just as much as mexicans but you dont hear about it as much because they cover up for them. If they are mexican they ALWAYS put it in the news but MANY times a white or black person has caused death by drinking and driving and they have NOT put it in the news!!! Again this WHOLE family is very sorry and our prayers have been with nothing but the families of the viticms! May God be with you and yours during this hard time! And to everyone else you can put down the drive all you want but you don't know the whole story and you don't know how they feel, they are very quilt and feel horrible for it.
Christian Woman

United States

#20 Mar 2, 2008
Angela, listen i know you probably feel bad for what happened. Yes, u knew the two girls in the truck who caused the accident. However, this really has nothing to do with race ok. It does not matter what race, if you drink you should not get behind the wheel, its as simple as that. Now the two girls might feel very sorry for what happened. But right now they need to ask GOD for forgiveness. He will be the only one to forgive them. We are not here to judge people or wish them the worst. No matter if they serve life in jail, this will never bring the two love ones back. All we can do is pray for both families, let GOD take care of this. We must believe in him and trust him and he will see that justice is served and only he will bring peace to both families. I know its easier said than done. But we must believe in our hearts that Jesus is Lord. God Bless both families.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Worth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paschal LGBT Club Mon Scott Cameron 4
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Aug 27 TexasD 271
Stalker in the North Fort Worth area PLEASE read Aug 26 Joan 1
TCU removes Phi Kappa Sigma fraternity for hazi... Aug 25 Clayton Reis 1
jasmin ura Aug 24 Rey 1
Brake job Aug 23 Studder 1
gang stalking in dfw (Feb '16) Aug 22 TracyGivens Com 14

Fort Worth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Worth Mortgages