Jim

United States

#22 Apr 12, 2012
Does anyone know when they will start hiring for the assembly line?
Maria

Harker Heights, TX

#23 Apr 22, 2012
I have heard they are taking applications but I can not find out where the applications are being taken. Any help?
Maybe the Answer

Fort Worth, TX

#24 Apr 24, 2012
Maria: Why don't you try the Texas Workforce Commission. They might have the answer. If this is right next to the race track, then it should be in Denton County, so you might try the office in Denton. You should be able to get a telephone number if you do a web search for Texas Workforce Commission. Hope this will help.
David

Arlington, TX

#25 Apr 27, 2012
They started taking applications Easter weekend. getjobsintexas.com
MZ O

Houston, TX

#26 Apr 28, 2012
David wrote:
They started taking applications Easter weekend. getjobsintexas.com
ON Petty place their web site is up and you may file on line.
David

Arlington, TX

#27 Apr 28, 2012
Drove by there today. Big place about a mile west of TMS. Fill out the online app then schedule testing if they want you to continue the process.
steve

Cincinnati, OH

#28 May 10, 2012
Joe Blough wrote:
The building on Three Wide Dr. next to the Texas Motor Speedway
most gays do get shit done.have fun working your a-- off for $15.00 and hr.that plant will be lucky to do 1 loco a week in the 1st yr. if they get up and running in 2012, not.we have been building loco for a 100 yrs.a love our job and o ya making $100,000 a year, u will never c that dude.oh one other thing better get a union in there or else it will become a sweet shop.
Joe Bite Me

Fort Worth, TX

#29 May 10, 2012
steve wrote:
<quoted text> most gays do get shit done.have fun working your a-- off for $15.00 and hr.that plant will be lucky to do 1 loco a week in the 1st yr. if they get up and running in 2012, not.we have been building loco for a 100 yrs.a love our job and o ya making $100,000 a year, u will never c that dude.oh one other thing better get a union in there or else it will become a sweet shop.
Most days not gays. This GE plant is not in Oak Lawn
David

Arlington, TX

#30 May 11, 2012
steve wrote:
<quoted text> most gays do get shit done.have fun working your a-- off for $15.00 and hr.that plant will be lucky to do 1 loco a week in the 1st yr. if they get up and running in 2012, not.we have been building loco for a 100 yrs.a love our job and o ya making $100,000 a year, u will never c that dude.oh one other thing better get a union in there or else it will become a sweet shop.
I wonder why GE would want to start fresh with new hand picked workers when they could stick with this obviously well educated articulate man.
Gadget

United States

#31 May 16, 2012
Has anyone got a call back after the day 1 interview from a few weeks ago if I so what was said?
David

Arlington, TX

#32 May 17, 2012
Gadget wrote:
Has anyone got a call back after the day 1 interview from a few weeks ago if I so what was said?
If you're talking about the testing April 30 I have not been contacted either way.
Gadget

Pilot Point, TX

#33 May 17, 2012
David wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're talking about the testing April 30 I have not been contacted either way.
I may have misunderstood but didn't they say they would contact everyone with in a week?
David

Arlington, TX

#34 May 18, 2012
Gadget wrote:
<quoted text>
I may have misunderstood but didn't they say they would contact everyone with in a week?
I think the lady said a week or two. In any case I got an email today turning me down. Oh well.
Abeckdch

Greenbrier, AR

#35 May 24, 2012
What did the tests consist of?
David

Arlington, TX

#36 May 28, 2012
Abeckdch wrote:
What did the tests consist of?
Nothing you can study for. Don't want to say much to be fair to everyone.
Cassi

Aubrey, TX

#37 Jun 4, 2012
Are they still hiring ? If so, where can I apply? And what is the starting wage for assembly line?
David

Arlington, TX

#38 Jun 4, 2012
Apply online at getjobsintexas.com . The lady said starting pay for assemblers would be about $16.50 and $18.00 after a year. They are still taking applications.
Think about it

Erie, PA

#39 Jun 16, 2012
David wrote:
Apply online at getjobsintexas.com . The lady said starting pay for assemblers would be about $16.50 and $18.00 after a year. They are still taking applications.
Ater they deduct health ins. and you get stuck with that high deductible your talking more like $10.00 an hour, also no pension for new hires, 401 plan sucks, and they instruct there management to treat employees like garbage and they also will enforce mandatory overtime. I tell ya if it wasn't for my $33.00 an hour I would not be working for them, it is not the union that is driving them to texas, are plant has also given profit even in the worse of times. its the huge tax breaks they have recieved to locate their, once there gone its across the border thats how they operate, I'm telling ya best thing you can do is unionize thats the only way to deal with this employer. look beyond the excitement good lock and god speed
Big Texas

United States

#40 Jun 19, 2012
They have started hiring I have my first interview Monday June 25th.
Jorge

Arlington, TX

#41 Jun 27, 2012
Received an email after the Day 1 hiring session saying there still interested in me for the assembler position. Anyone have any knowledge of what the Day 2 hiring session consists of?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Worth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 6 hr Sniffers 647
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 6 hr Release farts 830
Smart People Don't Use Free Speech to Insult Re... 9 hr Culture Auditor 1
Paschal High School LGBT Class of 83 Reunion Tue Rusty Fralia 4
News Friends, family mourn loss of teen who died aft... (Jun '07) May 4 keonsister 137
Debate: Marijuana - Fort Worth, TX (Aug '10) May 2 carol 93
DFW area K2, spice, synthetic Cannabis May 2 carol 6
More from around the web

Fort Worth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]