Looking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2011

I have read that GE is planning on building a couple new plants in Fort Worth. Have they started building these plants and when are they hiring? I was thinking of moving there and would like to work for a company like GE, any info would be great
Richard Head

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2011

Judged:

The plant is next to Alliance Airport south of Texas Motor Speedway on I35
Jon Brown

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

Has anybody heard exactly when they will start hiring for the locomotive plant? Any tips or leads would be appreciated!
Looking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

Thats what I am trying to find out! Some one told me that there is nothing going on there, the site isn't even touched yet but on the other hand I see that they are hiring for management. So what gives?
Grandpa Jones

Justin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

The GE Locomotive plant is north of the intersection of TX114 and FM156, in a Hillwood Spec building. The building is to be revamped to meet the GE specs and site developed to accomadate rail access from the BNSF track on the west side. It will be more than two years before completion, as no work has been started.
The owners of the adjoining property have been approached about selling more property, as the present location is not large enough to accomadate the needed rail yard space.
dfe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Judged:

erwerw
Mouse

Shelby, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

Judged:

Fcuk non-union

“Meow”

Since: May 07

Yacking up a topix hairball

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2011

Is this going to be a GE plant only or is this going to be a supplement to BNSF HQ?
Jon Brown

Cupertino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Going to take a drive this weekend to check out where the plant is going in at.Just gotta hang in there even though my patience is wearing thin.
Looking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

Jon, please post what you see... I can not find where I read it but I came across an article that said no work has been started and that it may not happen after all... I don't know what to believe anymore
Looking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

I guess there must not be much happening down there... maybe it won't be built after all?
Anonymous

Denton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Just drove by and alot of activity going on. All bay doors open and several construction trailers with workers working in the rain. Lot next to it is being prepped. Looks promising, maybe getting ready sooner than some posts say here. On 114 right past the race track.
JAC

Rowlett, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

I have an article from a July/August 2011 publication if anyone would like it e-mail me @ 2hbbulls@gmail.com
Looking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

JAC, could you post it here?
erie PA

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

Judged:

Looking wrote:
JAC, could you post it here?
Thanks you Texas dirt bags for stealing all our jobs. I hope you enjoy yourself when GE moves out on you!
erie PA

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

Judged:

But what do you expect from some possers who pretend they weren't rebs, shot JFK in the head, are the biggest dirt bags in the US, bend over for big oil, never did anything good for the union, steal jobs because they are too dumb to create them, gave this nation it's worst presidents, done more to destroy this country than any other state, would sell their mother to screw anyone, and walk around proud of it.
Texan

Frisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Well GE left PA for reason........ Maybe you were too slow, lazy or just plain dumb. GE is coming to texas because plain and simple we gey sh!t done.
Joe Blough

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

The building on Three Wide Dr. next to the Texas Motor Speedway

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

I'm looking forward to seeing jobs posted, it would be a long drive for me but I think it would be worth it. Oh and erie PA, its clear that your just jealous your not from TX and you know that unions kill the economy
Joe Bite Me

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

Richard Head wrote:
The plant is next to Alliance Airport south of Texas Motor Speedway on I35
No. It's so close to Texas Motor Speedway, you could walk there and buy a ticket on race day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Fort Worth Forum right now

Search the Fort Worth Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Imperial Chicano 21,376
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Imperial Chicano 16,984
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 3 hr Defiant1 751
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) 4 hr Larry Grover 591
Irish traveller's (Nov '08) 15 hr Tim Pat Coogan 1,384
Flooding closes I-35 north of Dallas as heavy r... Tue need rain 3
Woman Says Company Illegally Towed Vehicle (Jul '08) Tue Texas Towing Compliance 109
•••

Air Quality Alert for Tarrant County was issued at July 23 at 1:36PM CDT

•••
•••

Fort Worth News Video

•••
•••

Fort Worth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••