Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb 8,099
Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ... Full Story
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7266 Feb 11, 2013
Angeline wrote:
People suffering from severe cases of hernia, POP, or SUI are already faced with pain and discomfort from their symptoms. Pulling out these seemingly faulty medical devices from the market may just spare them from added health risks mesh implants have been reported to cause. More information about the risks associated with bladder mesh devices is featured at http://www.bladdermeshlawsuit.us/symptoms-of-...
I have called the Rottenstein law firm and talked to Paul @ 1-877-707-3319. I explained to him about the postings from his law firm and he said " He would look into it." We shall see. If you would like to call Paul about their postings, feel free! And YES Paul I did call your law firm after it was recommended by one of our Bloggers but have not had a response. Nothing out of the ordinary. As a victim of mesh since 2006, with 5 surgeries under my belt ( Get it? Under my Belt! Ha Ha Ha!) I have yet to find a law firm that would represent me. Its too difficult. In the mean time I have a Kugel time bomb in me that I suffer with everyday. I had to have a Prolene patch taken out and now I have the Kugel. Great. Thanks. I hope Paul reads through our little blog here and gets a sense of what suffering and what lies we have ALL been told by Doctors, Lawyers, Manufacturers and the FDA. And it continues as far as the eye can see........
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7267 Feb 11, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Has SSDisability, labeled hernia's as a disability? One would think they would, for different reasons of, scar tissue, adhesions, mesh implants going wrong, immune system weakness, life style changes, most people cann't contintue with the jobs once held. which also bring on other medical problems.
Yes Chuck you would think that there would be some sort of concession for the amount of damage done to us by mesh products. But there is not. If they did then it would have to be acknowledged within the Government that there is a major problem with mesh implants. Until the FDA bans and removes these products we will have NO chance in hell.If you are bed-ridden you can probably qualify. Myself I am too active even though I cannot work in my professin anymore and if I do I pay the consequences with mass pain, swelling and getting sick for a week or so afterwards. Yep, Social Security I'm just peachy.Thanks much!
Chuck

Anniston, AL

#7268 Feb 11, 2013
Yea,AMU It's wrong that doctors, surgeons get misled also. Yet they make their money big time. Yet one would think outside the box Insurance companies, medical emergency for the needy, Medicare, Medcaid etc... Obama so called healthcare that is suppose to be so worried about bringing the trillion$$$$'s of debit ceiling down why don't the clown's in office look into medical recalls, CDC FDA, then again it's the Blind leading the Blind while stuffing $$$$'s into the back pockets as payoff's?????? Sure people that work for these companies could blow the whistle, yet scared to for they become targets of threats against them, or end up getting paid to keep their mouth shut. How about it whistleblower's against surgery mesh employees! Some day it could be you posting againt this time bomb poison, I think of our arm services, that have been wounded, and repaired with this mess and like us end up having the same effects, it's so sad that money comes over the welfare fare of humanbeimg. What ever happen to the Doctors oath of the care of a person was over the cost of the care of the person.
Chuck

Anniston, AL

#7269 Feb 11, 2013
The doctors or healthcare Oath is called The Hippocratic Oath, I seen this once in bronse on a wall in the emergency room waiting room in a Florida Hospital.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7270 Feb 11, 2013
If you have not seen or recieved this e-mail then you have not filed a MAUDE report. Please do so today. I've got several.And when I feel a bit low, in excrutiating pain, doubled over in bed waiting for the pain meds to kick in, cursing my "little friend" I'll pull one out and laugh and laugh and laugh. Here is the main body of this ridiculous letter the FDA sends out after your report. Start your collection TODAY!*********Dear Reporter: Thank you for submitting your report to MedWatch, The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program. This acknowledgement confirms that your report was received. Reports are added to a postmarketing safety database with similar reports and reviewed by the FDAs postmarketing safety staff. Voluntary reports are essential for ensuring the continued safety of FDA-regulated products. One or two well-documented case reports may provide an early signal of unexpected problems and lead to additional evaluation. This may result in FDA regulatory actions that improve the safety of the products used in patient care each day.*********I love the part about " ONE OR TWO well documented case reports" Blah Blah Blah. And the FDA will make sure we are safe from faulty, dangerous, misrepresented, unethically sold, unethically applied products that could harm us. And what part of this am I missing? Other than the money? Several thousands of complaints spanning Hernia and Gyno-mesh products from several manufacturers made here and abroad that use the same base products that have been shown to twist, crumple, dislodge, lacerate, migrate ( add your symptom here*) and disfigure.. A long standing fact that is represented by the MAUDE data base files that the FDA ignores when it is convenient for them and the medical manufacturers of mesh. We can't be ignored forever. At least I friggin' hope not. So make a MAUDE report today folks and start your own FDA file. Thanks Mucho......
Terlin

Wayne, MI

#7271 Feb 11, 2013
Had my mesh removed 4 mo ago all kinds of wierd symptoms pain through out body ringing in ears face feels numb lose of cordination bowel and bladder problems any body have these symptoms
Chuck

Warrior, AL

#7272 Feb 12, 2013
Terlin wrote:
Had my mesh removed 4 mo ago all kinds of wierd symptoms pain through out body ringing in ears face feels numb lose of cordination bowel and bladder problems any body have these symptoms
First have you given any thoughts to get copies of your surgeryor op reports just to see or read the detail of just what toook place during the surgery? Information as what took place during the removal of the mesh. If it was entangled with nerves. If the mesh was attached to other organs. Mostly the intestines. How much scar tissue, adhesions were removed? To Me it sounds like you may have raw nerves exsposed.
wanda

Muncie, IN

#7273 Feb 13, 2013
I had a duel mesh put in 2003 my stomach has not been the same burning feeling,hurts lkie 97% of time they tell me I have to live with it , also heard somebody had ringng in the ear , which I do have it for years could say alot more don't know weather it would do any good
AtlmeshedUp

Marcus Hook, PA

#7274 Feb 13, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Yea,AMU It's wrong that doctors, surgeons get misled also. Yet they make their money big time. Yet one would think outside the box Insurance companies, medical emergency for the needy, Medicare, Medcaid etc... Obama so called healthcare that is suppose to be so worried about bringing the trillion$$$$'s of debit ceiling down why don't the clown's in office look into medical recalls, CDC FDA, then again it's the Blind leading the Blind while stuffing $$$$'s into the back pockets as payoff's?????? Sure people that work for these companies could blow the whistle, yet scared to for they become targets of threats against them, or end up getting paid to keep their mouth shut. How about it whistleblower's against surgery mesh employees! Some day it could be you posting againt this time bomb poison, I think of our arm services, that have been wounded, and repaired with this mess and like us end up having the same effects, it's so sad that money comes over the welfare fare of humanbeimg. What ever happen to the Doctors oath of the care of a person was over the cost of the care of the person.
Have you written our President or the said "clowns" in office? How abt even your representatives,senators and local officials. One can't change what they aren't aware of? I have, and found out that one of the former state commissioners has also suffered from this Horrible Mesh!!! All I'm saying is this has to change, mesh is currently being implanted as We "type" speak!!! I've suffered for more than 10 yrs and am dealing with peripheral nerve damage after having a 12 hr surgery, that took portions of my small bowel and bladder, along with the Gortex mesh that eroded into my insides. I want this to stop and I'm willing to go to the White House, are You? Please follow through We must make it STOP!!!!
Chuck

Alexander City, AL

#7275 Feb 13, 2013
AtlmeshedUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you written our President or the said "clowns" in office? How abt even your representatives,senators and local officials. One can't change what they aren't aware of? I have, and found out that one of the former state commissioners has also suffered from this Horrible Mesh!!! All I'm saying is this has to change, mesh is currently being implanted as We "type" speak!!! I've suffered for more than 10 yrs and am dealing with peripheral nerve damage after having a 12 hr surgery, that took portions of my small bowel and bladder, along with the Gortex mesh that eroded into my insides. I want this to stop and I'm willing to go to the White House, are You? Please follow through We must make it STOP!!!!
AMU Those Clown in the White House about this crap, think of all the Arm Service, Sport Figure, etc.... that are going through what we are. Again it's the Blind leading the Blind. Back pocket Pay offs. It's like today, Ad on tv run off on today about a knee replacement about being different then others for it was round as to others were oval egg shape, it wasn't the shape that caught my attention it was the comment about these replacement don't last either.I cannt remember the maker Think its Stryker.roundabout.com
Chuck

Alexander City, AL

#7276 Feb 13, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>AMU Those Clown in the White House about this crap, think of all the Arm Service, Sport Figure, etc.... that are going through what we are. Again it's the Blind leading the Blind. Back pocket Pay offs. It's like today, Ad on tv run off on today about a knee replacement about being different then others for it was round as to others were oval egg shape, it wasn't the shape that caught my attention it was the comment about these replacement don't last either.I cannt remember the maker Think its Stryker.roundabout.com
mistake its called get around knee replacement
Terlin

Ann Arbor, MI

#7277 Feb 13, 2013
Anybody have abdominal pain above insisions of inguinal henia bloating difficult bowel movements and hesitancy urinating. Every thing feels numb and burning sensation
Terlin

Ann Arbor, MI

#7278 Feb 13, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Terlin, Yes there is hope!! I realize this sounds contrite, but give it some time for your nerves and soft tissue to recover. Typically it takes a year to recover fully from abdominal surgery and you have had two in under two years. I have had similar problems with multiple surgeries, over the past couple years and the pain has not gone to zero but has diminished. As you have read getting the mesh out is far more complicated and destructive than putting in. Sadly the trial going on with J&J Eithicon Pro Lift mesh vs Ms. Linda Gross has seen J & J docs testimony stating if there is a mesh problem just remove it. So a pelvic left or hernia repair with plastic mesh is temporary in in at least 20% of those implanted? 20% is the current complication rate and is probably a low estimate. Terlin, just go easy, so your repair lasts and you do not have to have another mesh implanted to fix your hernia. My situation is mesh in, mesh out, mesh in, and waiting for fully recovery to initiate reconstructive surgery, not much fascia left to repair with - as they say #10 is the charm!!
Terlin, do not give up hope!! Yes intense chronic pain does take us to dark places, but you are not alone. Maybe try a chronic pain meeting in your area. Hang Tough G
Did you have bowel problems and bloating pain above insisions?
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7279 Feb 14, 2013
who ever is useing a similar moniker to mine I wish you would find another please to avoid confusion. Atlmeshed Up I would appreciate it Thanks.....
AtlmeshedUp

United States

#7280 Feb 14, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
who ever is useing a similar moniker to mine I wish you would find another please to avoid confusion. Atlmeshed Up I would appreciate it Thanks.....
WoW for real... U got it.. Lets not get side tracked on the agenda here... The only name I'm concerned with is "mesh"!!!..

Since: Nov 12

Bankstown, Australia

#7281 Feb 14, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
Hey Alt....get a life and change the name, be original and not copy or sound similar to someone who has been on this site for a lot longer then you. All Meshed ...just to let you know I am now passing skin tissue the size of a palm with blood, and also mucus and blood, just to add to the protfolio of problems. Kind regards Sonia
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7282 Feb 15, 2013
Sonia_59 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Alt....get a life and change the name, be original and not copy or sound similar to someone who has been on this site for a lot longer then you. All Meshed ...just to let you know I am now passing skin tissue the size of a palm with blood, and also mucus and blood, just to add to the protfolio of problems. Kind regards Sonia
And still you cannot get a Dr. to tell you what is happening or why? Someone like me who looks and acts somewhat normal ( that's "somewhat" normal folks!) I can understand but with the symptoms that you are going through and have been going through I am amazed. Any other word from your soliciter or the Government? Thanks for having my "back" by the way. Take Care and Keep in Touch Sonia....Best Wishes.....
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7283 Feb 15, 2013
AtlmeshedUp wrote:
<quoted text>
WoW for real... U got it.. Lets not get side tracked on the agenda here... The only name I'm concerned with is "mesh"!!!..
Easy does it there, Bud. I do a lot of writing on this blog and have been for about 5 years or so. I do a lot of research and try to help ALL victims of mesh. So there is no sidetracked here. I'm just requesting that you try to come up with a moniker that does not look like mine. No need for catching a "tude" on here. Thanks much.....
Shelia

Prairieville, LA

#7284 Feb 15, 2013
Sonia_59 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Alt....get a life and change the name, be original and not copy or sound similar to someone who has been on this site for a lot longer then you. All Meshed ...just to let you know I am now passing skin tissue the size of a palm with blood, and also mucus and blood, just to add to the protfolio of problems. Kind regards Sonia
Hi Sonia59,its me again. I wanted to let u know that I passed blood and mucus,the bleeding got a little better,but still the mucus. I sleep most of the day. It may be a good idea to ask your dr. if he can send u to be checked for colitis. On occassions I become dehydrated and it mess with my eye sight. Prednisone is usually given for this illness and does seem to help the symptoms. But still have to stay near a bathroom.

Since: Nov 12

Cobbitty, Australia

#7285 Feb 15, 2013
Shelia wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Sonia59,its me again. I wanted to let u know that I passed blood and mucus,the bleeding got a little better,but still the mucus. I sleep most of the day. It may be a good idea to ask your dr. if he can send u to be checked for colitis. On occassions I become dehydrated and it mess with my eye sight. Prednisone is usually given for this illness and does seem to help the symptoms. But still have to stay near a bathroom.
Hi Sheila, All Meshed up and all the other victims of "mesh". I never give up even though I feel like shit. Of course if something is implanted in you, you will do research to known what you are facing. There are two primary categories in this mesh, the non-organic being Prolift, Gynacare, Surgi Pro etc, and then there is the organic i.e. Biodesign Surgisis etc., it's the organic that I really need to let you know about, and All Meshed up please let your mate Bruce know of this. Biodesign Surgisis is derived from pig but especially from the small intestine of the pig, the wonderful bacteria known as "Staphylococcus aureus", causes among other things as sepsis fatal and inflamation in humans. This Biodesign Surgisis is harvested then dried, it can consist of 4 to 8 layers, and then it is reconstituted using supposedly salt and water. The problem here is that it remains in the harvested product and then implanted into human wham the bacteria virus is in you. Again I ask here for Bruce's input help. I have two mesh's one non-organic and the organic. I have recently passed some pretty interesting stuff which is being analysed but I am going back to my doctor and getting a blood test and specifically targeting the the Staphlocoucus aureus or SIS. If anyone has been implanted in the Surgisis and I beleive there is also a Gold, and experiencing any problems such as passing weird and scary stuff, inlfamation, fevers, shakes, muscle sroness etc., also there is the swine flue, please go and get a blood test targetting the SIS. If anyone has any inputt I mean the victims not the vultures please let me know. Hope this helps. Kind regards Sonia Down Under.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Worth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 18 min Fossilebola 18,784
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 42 min Fossilfarts 386
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 6 hr Gasman 22,769
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 12 hr Gasman 597
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 12 hr Gasman 693
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 12 hr Gasman 808
what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) 20 hr GREG 151

Fort Worth News Video

Fort Worth Dating
Find my Match

Fort Worth Jobs

Fort Worth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Worth News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Worth

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]