Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8233 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

ALIEN BABY

Woodbine, NJ

#7098 Jan 18, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>Cindy, it is one in the same the court in Rhode Island where all the trials are being consolidated are in agrement with both hernia patches. If interested get back to me. I had the Bard Composix. EX put in me and I have a live law suit.
I am trying to find someone to represent my father in law, he had the composix e/x 8x10 it got infected and he had to have it explanted, now it looks like he is pregnant with an alien baby! all lawyers we have spoken to say they are only handling the kugel? If you have a suit you have an attorney, if you caould pass along his info, maybe he will help my pop. its horrible this company, they could care less about the damage they have caused people. we are in NJ. thanks and good luck with yours...
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7099 Jan 18, 2013
“Remains soft and pliable" This is a quote from the Ethicon Mesh sales brochure. " Mesh does not stay soft and pliable after implantation".This is quote from the Ethicon trial. Ethicon brochures still state that mesh will remain pliable even after implant. This is FRAUD. Why in the HELL won't some agency of the government jump all over this? They advertise OPENLY for a product that has thousands of complaints and still NOTHING from the FDA. Dispicable absolutely dispicable.
AnySuggestion

Lake Villa, IL

#7100 Jan 18, 2013
I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of meshes were used for hernia surgeries in 1995? I realize this may be an impossible question to answer, but the hospital that did my surgery does not keep records for more than 10 years.....I had the records dept. transfer me to the Doctor who did it, of course, he is on vacation, and his receptionist said she would get back to me early next week....we'll see, and will he remember/tell me the truth? In the mean time, I am feeling more pressure/pain daily, I am seeing a different Dr., different hospital next week, and I'd like to know what mesh they used before I go. Just wondering if anyone can give me any advise/info on this? Thank You, and best of luck to all of you
patty

Eugene, OR

#7101 Jan 18, 2013
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right Patty, it just shows how the system has failed all mesh victims. I am waiting to see how the FDA lies to get out of this mesh mess. This is crime at its best and prison time has to be handed out to stop these medical companys from making profit from mesh and having it pushed through the 510K loop holes. Its all about profits! Day six below,things are heating up!
http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/latest-i...
what about the manufacturers that have had pre market trials. The patients who have volunteered to be the human white rats and mice. They go in and get these meshes put in. We read the reports of success and no failures to very few failures. Do these patients ever come out later and report publicly that their surgery failed later? Are they made to sign legalally binding gag orders forever keeping them from reporting that the mesh actually failed? Where are these people now? We never see long term follow ups of these human white rats. Only 90 days, 12 or 18 months. Are they forever legally gagged from reporting what really happens? Im smart enough to realize that these pre clinical studies are biased,. They wont publically report failures in their studies after market. The patients names are protected under federal law. It would be interesting to see how many mesh implant volunteers are still implanted with the same mesh.
pattyo

Eugene, OR

#7102 Jan 18, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
“Remains soft and pliable" This is a quote from the Ethicon Mesh sales brochure. " Mesh does not stay soft and pliable after implantation".This is quote from the Ethicon trial. Ethicon brochures still state that mesh will remain pliable even after implant. This is FRAUD. Why in the HELL won't some agency of the government jump all over this? They advertise OPENLY for a product that has thousands of complaints and still NOTHING from the FDA. Dispicable absolutely dispicable.
Ive seen Dr. Petersons news video where he shows the hardened meshes that he removed from patients. They are hard. The manufacturers dont tell of hardening and shrinkage. They later blame the shrinkage and hardening on scar tissue.
pattyo

Eugene, OR

#7103 Jan 18, 2013
AnySuggestion wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of meshes were used for hernia surgeries in 1995? I realize this may be an impossible question to answer, but the hospital that did my surgery does not keep records for more than 10 years.....I had the records dept. transfer me to the Doctor who did it, of course, he is on vacation, and his receptionist said she would get back to me early next week....we'll see, and will he remember/tell me the truth? In the mean time, I am feeling more pressure/pain daily, I am seeing a different Dr., different hospital next week, and I'd like to know what mesh they used before I go. Just wondering if anyone can give me any advise/info on this? Thank You, and best of luck to all of you
it may be in the medical records that your new doctor can get.
Sheila

United States

#7104 Jan 18, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
hi All Meshed Up,behind the mesh implant,people that I know and myself have been diagnosed with diverticulitis or colitis. Is it possible that this illness could have come from the mesh implants,infection and all?
Blair

Montague, Canada

#7105 Jan 19, 2013
ALIEN BABY wrote:
<quoted text>
I am trying to find someone to represent my father in law, he had the composix e/x 8x10 it got infected and he had to have it explanted, now it looks like he is pregnant with an alien baby! all lawyers we have spoken to say they are only handling the kugel? If you have a suit you have an attorney, if you caould pass along his info, maybe he will help my pop. its horrible this company, they could care less about the damage they have caused people. we are in NJ. thanks and good luck with yours...
Alien Baby, your father in laws mesh falls under the category called Marlex Mesh. You will not find a law firm who will take on these non ring meshs. If you were in the MDL when a settlement was made like Micheal, you were offered 18k and some took the payout and the rest are still in the courts. After the Law firms and courts and health insurance got their take you might end up with 3k. Brad composix EX and Brad composix mesh ruined a lot of lives and you can tell him he is not alone. There are thousands of victims hurt by Marlex meshs.
ALIEN BABY

Woodbine, NJ

#7106 Jan 19, 2013
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Alien Baby, your father in laws mesh falls under the category called Marlex Mesh. You will not find a law firm who will take on these non ring meshs. If you were in the MDL when a settlement was made like Micheal, you were offered 18k and some took the payout and the rest are still in the courts. After the Law firms and courts and health insurance got their take you might end up with 3k. Brad composix EX and Brad composix mesh ruined a lot of lives and you can tell him he is not alone. There are thousands of victims hurt by Marlex meshs.
Blair, thx for responding. I am going to do some research on this marlex mesh. his o.r. reports say it was the davol bard composix e/x, is the marlex just a different term or different brand/ I have found alot of the composix e/x's people who have been hurt too. this junk should be outlawed!! I actually contacted our local news channel 3kyw in philly and the producer is interested in doing the story. If you or anyone else on here is interested in MAKING DAVOL BARD PAY for their mistakes, reply and I will keep track of people to give to Ellen(the producer lady) and see if she wants some backstory or further proof that these things are defective. I am in the process of getting all of his records from first surgery, the explant surgery(it says the mesh was hard, not pliable, and firm grayish material) and I filed a complaint on the FDA's medwatch consumer complaint site.I for one, am not going to let them get away with this! At least I am going to try untill all avenues are exhausted!!
riverrat

Winona, MN

#7107 Jan 19, 2013
with the Ethicon trial and what they come up with and the mdl deal your right meshedup if this all done wake the dam gov up then we no for a fact its big pays offs for big bucks and screw us victims
ones in gov takes way to much payoffs and never go to prision and get voted in time after time so they can keep these deadly companys in biz and billions keep hiting the bank acounts,ya meshud up this bs is way outta hand,just think the gov crys and stomps there feet and cry about weed but this mesh crap hurting 1000's is ok to them,i never settled and nec=ver will if they put the hundreds in jail and lawyers who con tghe usa and it mesh victims for money.after the one case for 1.5 million the lawyers ,judges threw the law out the window and set track on ther corupition,if i could be a judge of this many would do life in prison or payback all the took and never be aprt of our justice sytem ever again and order 1.5 million to each mesh vitim
Blair

Montague, Canada

#7108 Jan 20, 2013
ALIEN BABY wrote:
<quoted text>
Blair, thx for responding. I am going to do some research on this marlex mesh. his o.r. reports say it was the davol bard composix e/x, is the marlex just a different term or different brand/ I have found alot of the composix e/x's people who have been hurt too. this junk should be outlawed!! I actually contacted our local news channel 3kyw in philly and the producer is interested in doing the story. If you or anyone else on here is interested in MAKING DAVOL BARD PAY for their mistakes, reply and I will keep track of people to give to Ellen(the producer lady) and see if she wants some backstory or further proof that these things are defective. I am in the process of getting all of his records from first surgery, the explant surgery(it says the mesh was hard, not pliable, and firm grayish material) and I filed a complaint on the FDA's medwatch consumer complaint site.I for one, am not going to let them get away with this! At least I am going to try untill all avenues are exhausted!!
Alien Baby, Davol is the American company and Bard is the subsidiary company in Canada. Marlex is just a trademark, there are alot of vivtims from this mesh implant. Goggle Marlex mesh topics. I will post the meshs that were in the MDL but it looks like the law firms made a deal with Davol and our meshs got dropped in the settlement. Some did get payouts but signed papers not to disclose info. You should fight to bring more attention to all the victims of Marlex mesh. Lots of money made from these meshs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlex
Blair

Montague, Canada

#7109 Jan 20, 2013
ALIEN BABY wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.rid.uscourts.gov/quicklink/multidi...
Angry as hell

East Chicago, IN

#7110 Jan 20, 2013
rosie wrote:
STEVEN. JOHNSON. LAW FIRM IN FORT WORTH TEXAS. HAS HAD MY CASE FILED. IN COURTS. SINCE 2007. I AM REQUESTING A ADVANCE ON MY LAWSUIT. FOR A FAMILY. ER AND HE IS REFUSING. TO THE ADVANCE. THIS IS BS. 5YEARS TO SEATTLE. HERINA MESH SUIT. ANYONE HAVING. PROBLEMS. WITH JOHNSON. LAWFIRM
PLEASE POST A COMMENT AND HOW. CAN I REACIVE A ADVANCE WITHOUT. JOHNSON. HELP
S
I
I too have had a case filed since 2007. January 2012 they dropped my case, a week later they begged me to come back. On January 15, 2013 they told me they had a trail set for Feb. and that they believed that Bard will start make settlements at the end od Feb. or first part of March. Two days lat I get a call from the tell me that they are dropping my case again. What the hell are these people doing? I got a letter in the mail the day after I talk to them and it was all BS. I am trying to find a new lawyer to take over my case, I would recomend that anyone involved with them to find a new lawyer right away before they screw your case up too.
Angry as hell

East Chicago, IN

#7111 Jan 20, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Good to see you posting again River rat! I was told by the Johnson group to call them when my ring breaks to file a law suit. So if you have one going stay with it for sure. I still say they and so many other law firms in this country that are taking advantage of mesh victims are a bunch of vultures. That includes you to Mark Mueller.
. Don't believe anything Johnson law firm tells you. All they'd oils string you along and the they will drop your case. I have beendealing with them since 2007 . I have had 2 of the meshs that were recalled. They both were removed and almost died from the infection that I had from the perferraded bowl I got from the mesh breaking in side of me.johnson just dropped my case for the second time.do not use them, they will just screw you over too.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#7112 Jan 20, 2013
Angry as hell wrote:
<quoted text>. Don't believe anything Johnson law firm tells you. All they'd oils string you along and the they will drop your case. I have beendealing with them since 2007 . I have had 2 of the meshs that were recalled. They both were removed and almost died from the infection that I had from the perferraded bowl I got from the mesh breaking in side of me.johnson just dropped my case for the second time.do not use them, they will just screw you over too.
Angry as hell, can you tell me which category your mesh falls under in the MDL.

http://www.rid.uscourts.gov/quicklink/multidi...
Angry as hell

East Chicago, IN

#7113 Jan 20, 2013
Blair, I am not sure what MDL is?
Angry as hell

East Chicago, IN

#7114 Jan 20, 2013
Blair I just did your link and yes I am part of the MDL in Rhode Island. My case has been in there since 2007.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#7115 Jan 20, 2013
Angry as hell wrote:
Blair I just did your link and yes I am part of the MDL in Rhode Island. My case has been in there since 2007.
Are you category one, two, three, four, five or six.
patty

Eugene, OR

#7116 Jan 20, 2013
Angry as hell wrote:
Blair, I am not sure what MDL is?
multi district litigation
Blair

Montague, Canada

#7118 Jan 21, 2013
In the real world, MDL means, More Dam Lies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Worth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) 3 hr Deb G 311
News Gold medal pianist to play at Walk Hall 21 hr Stonetemple 2
lance coporal garrett caudill adulterer Aug 15 xboxnygga 1
Paschal HS LGBT Bathrooms And Showers Aug 15 Rusty Fralia 3
gang stalking in dfw (Feb '16) Aug 3 kerirae 37
GE Erie plant babies Aug 2 Union pride 3
Paschal High School Transgenders Aug 2 Rusty Fralia 2

Fort Worth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Worth Mortgages