Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...
Comments
6,521 - 6,540 of 8,029 Comments Last updated Saturday Jul 26
Neil Eaton

Canning, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

I had a hernia 20 years ago and in 2010 I became very ill, it was found that the patch had fallen down onto my small bowl causing a blockage, was told I had the flu first, by the time they found the problem I was so close to death that if I didn't have the surgery asap I would be dead with in the hour. There might be a law suit out there some where about this problem, I have heard there might be.
Concerned

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

I see Bruce Rosenberg's name thrown around many times in this forum. Besides him being someone who has been hurt by the mesh and giving out his phone number I don't see him having any professional qualifications. The National Meshoma Foundation does not even have a legit website.
Gabby

Morgan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

I am surprised there is a surgery for the Marlex Mesh. I had mine removed..it is very large 8x8 after getting necrotising fasciitis after a hysterectomy. I had it removed after severe pain and had the latest and greatest pigskin mesh put in and I have never been in so much pain, and had so much abdominal distention and bloating. I want the old marlex mesh back. At least it did make me look like i was 8 months pregnant!! If you have info about the marlex mesh please let me know. thanks and God bless...Gabby
HELP wrote:
<quoted text>
help me. I cannot find a lawyer in the USA to represent me to get compensation for the Marlex Mesh problems I am having. I am 66 years old and had a double hernia surgery with Marlex in the early 1990s. Now I am having pain that is increasing. I had a colonoscopy which resulted in no problem. IS THERE A CLASS LAWSUITE about the BARD MARLEX MESH? Does ayone know of a lawyer to represent me. I live outside the USA. However the surgury was done in the USA. I need to have another surgery to fix the problem and need the money for it.
Gabby

Morgan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

I meant I am surprised there is a law suit for the Marlex Mesh in my previous comment. I had mine removed due to bunching and severe pain..it is very large 8x8 after getting necrotising fasciitis after a hysterectomy. I had it removed after severe pain and had the latest and greatest pigskin mesh put in and I have never been in so much pain. My options were to live with it and just be a pill junkie or get it removed and now I have so much so much abdominal distention and bloating AND pain I want the old marlex mesh back. At least it did make me look like i was 8 months pregnant!! Does anyone know if the pigskin mesh is permanent. I was able to return to work after it was intiailly placed and being in the hospital on a ventilator for 5 months and even have a quite normal life until two years ago when I was just being offered too many pills. I went ahead with the surgery and the surgeon refuses to speak to me further. States these things happen after you turn 40, you gain weight, your abdoment becomes distended, you get pulmonary embolisms, and he is not a plastic surgery so there is nothing he can do for the large piece of skin that he just left hanging which has the original scar on it. I live each day in the past, wishing I would have not made the decision to have the second surgery and have the Marlex mesh removed. Even though it is a very large opening that requires mesh, I still think the pigskin can be removed as it is only getting worse but can find nothing about it from anyone. I would rather have my mesh back but if there is some kind of law suit regarding it I definitely fit all the problems it caused me otherwise I would have let sleeping or at least growling dogs lie. If you have info about the marlex mesh please let me know.Also if anyone knows about the pigskin mesh or a surgeon in their area that is willing to think outside the box and not just say....no, looks too hard to me, or I wont do surgery just because you are in pain would also be appreciated. Good luck to all of you.... thanks and God bless...Gabby
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
I see Bruce Rosenberg's name thrown around many times in this forum. Besides him being someone who has been hurt by the mesh and giving out his phone number I don't see him having any professional qualifications. The National Meshoma Foundation does not even have a legit website.
I don't see your "professional" qualifications to question a man who has put his time, money, heart and soul into helping others that are dealing with mesh. This is the meshoma website that he helped start. 6 years ago if it had not been for Bruce Rosenburg I probably would be dead from suicide right now. So, what the hell is your concern "concerned"? Other than being some citizen that has never posted on here and probably does not have a mesh implant, what is your problem with Bruce? Please think before you answer because you could cause a major crap storm real quick, Bucky! What have you done lately to help hundreds if not thousands of people for no compensation? You can't answer that can you? If you want to be legit on here tell us your concerns. Let us know what this man has done to you that causes you concern. Or just shut the F%$K up.........
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Now that "Concerned" has got my dander up.... This forum was created to provide information about mesh, pro's ( Yes, there are some.) and con's. We all exchange info and suggestions for possible Treatments, Prescriptions, Doctors, Faith, Love and a bit of occasional bad humor. Bruce and his partners, some with and some without mesh got this forum up and running using private funds for the most part. This forum is a great example of the right to free speech. You can take it or leave it. "Concerned" can post his concerns about Bruce but Freedom of Speech comes with the responsibility of being able to back up what you say with Facts. Being "concerned" is an open ended invitation to any number of unfounded, assinine, repetatively unconstructive B.S. "questions of concern" that we see everyday in the media or on the news. What "We" bring to this forum is the cumlative experiences of a LARGE number of people that have gone through almost the same trauma as everybody else on here. Including Bruce. You, "Concerned" can read through the posts and can take our suggestions or not. But please do not disparage a man who is one of us, who is behind the scenes as we speak, useing his own limited resources to travel to conferences, meetings and trials.( where he is again helping victims with their cases.) He, like me, cannot get a lawyer to represent him because of complexities of the case yet he is out there helping others with theirs. He has done this and continues to do this without the "fanfare" that others who have posted on here want to have. Over the past 6 years I have gained a friend, whom I have never met, that probably saved my life and helped me understand what has and is happening to me via mesh. We have collaberated, compiled and collected a lot of info about mesh. Bruce has a store room full. Me? Just a small closet. ;>) Bruce has given more to this forum than just his posts. So, Mr./Mrs/Ms. "Concerned, I ask you....what is YOUR concern. Can't wait.
Jose Aldo

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

mesh good wrote:
Had inguinal hernia repaired in 2001 with mesh
at Hernia Institute in Miami, Fl and have had
no problems at all. Just had second repair of
other side (no mesh Dr's idea) and not happy
with results at all. The fault of these mesh
repairs I would bet is the Doctors/Surgeons
lack of experience doing the repairs and using
mesh. If you need a Hernia repair check out the
Hernia Instute in Miami that's all they do. Perhaps
contacting them if you are having problems with
a previous repair might be a good idea also.
Had my hernia repaired from institute in Miami 2 years ago, with mesh.
Started to have pain again last month in same area as repaired hernia. I returned to the same Dr. Young who performed my surgery and he refuses to fix the area or accept the fact it has failed due to his work or the patch.
Please help!!
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Jose Aldo wrote:
<quoted text>
Had my hernia repaired from institute in Miami 2 years ago, with mesh.
Started to have pain again last month in same area as repaired hernia. I returned to the same Dr. Young who performed my surgery and he refuses to fix the area or accept the fact it has failed due to his work or the patch.
Please help!!
Get your medical records. Your OP report from the hospital will tell you what you were implanted with. Why does the Dr. refuse to see you? There can be several situations with a mesh implant that can cause you pain. One is the breakdown of the mesh itself and subsequent erosion and possible physical intrusion of the mesh into the surrounding tissue. There are a lot of nerves in your groin area that can be damaged and severed during surgery whether purposely or by mistake. This can cause you quite a bit of pain also. But get your records ASAP. You can start there and get another Dr.. Unfortunately Dr.'s are scared to death of lawsuits from mesh and being involved in them. The manufacturers will point to the Dr.'s "technique" first as a way to put the pressure on him and away from them. Its B.S. but thats the way the "system" works. Let us know what you find in your OP report and hopefully we can "steer" you the right direction. Take care and Best of Luck........
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

I am still waiting for "Concerned" concerns. Come on don't be shy! Or are you just another "drive by" jerk?
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

mesh good wrote:
Had inguinal hernia repaired in 2001 with mesh
at Hernia Institute in Miami, Fl and have had
no problems at all. Just had second repair of
other side (no mesh Dr's idea) and not happy
with results at all. The fault of these mesh
repairs I would bet is the Doctors/Surgeons
lack of experience doing the repairs and using
mesh. If you need a Hernia repair check out the
Hernia Instute in Miami that's all they do. Perhaps
contacting them if you are having problems with
a previous repair might be a good idea also.
Well Mesh Good, you have your first victim from the Miami Hernia Institute that thinks MESH NO GOOD! And you were so persuasive too! So Sorry......Maybe you have some advice for Aldo?
Jane W

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

It is imperative that patients who may have received a hernia mesh patch check any signs or symptoms of adverse effects coming from the implant. The FDA has issued a warning for a reason. A string of related health problems including death have been reported to occur from these devices and more and more patients are complaining of adverse events including mesh erosion, and vaginal pain. There are articles at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us/ that go into detail regarding these potential injuries.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

All Meshed Up wrote:
I am still waiting for "Concerned" concerns. Come on don't be shy! Or are you just another "drive by" jerk?
Drive by jerk! That would be my guess! Poor poor Oakland took a beating! Anyhooo have a good one meshed:)
mary johnson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

I had three surgeries. On hernia two of the was for the t he same surgery in october 25 2012 surgery in do i have. A lawsuit?
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Patty Williams wrote:
<quoted text> Drive by jerk! That would be my guess! Poor poor Oakland took a beating! Anyhooo have a good one meshed:)
Hey there Patty! Yes, probably another disgruntled FDA clerk! Sorry about your Raiders. Kinda, sorta. Best Wishes Always!........
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

mary johnson wrote:
I had three surgeries. On hernia two of the was for the t he same surgery in october 25 2012 surgery in do i have. A lawsuit?
We are not lawyers or associated with any law firm. Get your med records especially your OP report. Find out what you were implanted with and let us know. We can go from there. Best of Luck......
Jessica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

A friend of mine suffered from constant bleeding caused by a bladder sling she was implanted a few years ago. We came across some informative articles at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us/ and learned that it's actually one of the potential complications associated with these devices. She had to go through multiple corrective surgeries to have it completely removed. It's terrifying to know that things could have gotten worse had she not had the device extracted.
Jessica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

It's good to know that the FDA has already taken an action regarding this issue. It's actually daunting to know that patients who have had these medical devices implanted for relief are faced with the possibility of serious injuries and even death. I came across some articles at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us/ that have detailed information about bladder sling implants and the complications they have been reported to cause. They may be of great help to people concerned and interested.
Leah

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Helen, I had a ventral hernia also... had it for two years after an LSH hysterectomy...on right side. finally went in for repair.. He cut on opposite side instead of going over top the hernia. two week post op dr. felt it I screamed and cried like a baby.. It hurt sooo bad...It still hurts.. Hard to bend over, cant wearjeans or tight around waist.. or to go to the bathroom. He said he would make it right if I was still hurting. He won't even call in an xray or ct scan.. What is it that will tell what is going on? He did say there was a cavity fluid filled when he went in but my body should absorb it.How can it with polypropylene and goretex mesh with titanium tacs...
mathias

Vashon, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

i had dual abdominal hernias repaired at the same time, less then 2 inches shy of bein spread open hip to hip. Surgery was aug 12 of 2011, and since then I'm still having problems with pain it creates for me. I even went back to the hospital on numerous occasions due to more pain than i felt was more than what i felt was right, and infections. I had even had some of the stitching come out through my skin, yet i was reassured that this was normal and that I had nothing to worry about.(B.S.) And yet there are times that it takes the breath out of me because of the pain i get in my stomach area, and also believe that they may have tied it into tendons that run down my inner thigh. I have also had problems with my manhood if you will that I feel was cause by the manner in which they have fastened the material into my body. I just need some help figuring out what I can do about this because its been a little over a year now and it causes me uncomfort everyday. I sure dont want to have to deal with this the rest of my life, because I am only 32 years of age, and should be in my prime, but I also understand that things take time to heal as well, if done correctly. If anybodies about to please e-mail me back any information possible, I need all the help I can get. Thank you, campbellmat.mc@gmail.com
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Jessica wrote:
A friend of mine suffered from constant bleeding caused by a bladder sling she was implanted a few years ago. We came across some informative articles at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us/ and learned that it's actually one of the potential complications associated with these devices. She had to go through multiple corrective surgeries to have it completely removed. It's terrifying to know that things could have gotten worse had she not had the device extracted.
You work for a law firm. Thats the link you posted. Its an advertisement. Do you really have a "friend" or is she a client? I'm just asking because it is suspicious that the link is a lawyers site not an "information site". Just saying "Jessica" from Washington D.C.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Fort Worth Forum right now

Search the Fort Worth Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 53 min Batch 37 Pain Is Good 17,149
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Janie 21,580
gangs of fort worth Tx (Sep '10) 23 hr It is what it is 23
Buck's Cabaret on Mecham Blvd (Oct '10) 23 hr curious 67
Aid Group: 2 Americans have Ebola in Liberia Mon Ibn Natas 1
Runoff victor to be publicly sworn in as family... (Sep '06) Sun Victim 66
Popular Paschal history teacher honored with pa... Sun Dana Arnn 3
•••
•••

Fort Worth News Video

•••
•••

Fort Worth Jobs