Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...
Comments
6,481 - 6,500 of 8,029 Comments Last updated Saturday Jul 26
med device

Allston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Todd wrote:
Hello All,
I am a 47 year old Veteran who had double hernia surgery repair done at a VA Hospital back in 2001. I have had pain on both sides ever since that the VA cannot do anything about.
I already have a copy of my medical record which states the type of mesh used was from the ATRIUM MEDICAL CORPORATION and was POLYPROPYLENE MONOFILAMENT SURGICAL MESH and also includes the REF and LOT numbers. along with the bar code ( all attached on the medical record ).
Can anyone tell me, without having to read all 6400+ posts if there is any type of recall, legal action in regards to this?
thanks
greenville54942@yahoo.com
I dont know of any recalls but if you google "fda warnings and atrium medical" you can read a warning letter from the fda about hairs in their devices, etc. Gross!
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

med device wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know of any recalls but if you google "fda warnings and atrium medical" you can read a warning letter from the fda about hairs in their devices, etc. Gross!
There are Law Firms trying to put together cases, mainly Product Liability or Personal Injury, against a lot of odds. I certainly hope that independent law firms will have better success than the "BIG" law firms have had. I think that location, location ,location may have some bearing as to how the proceedings will be handled. Rhode Island, Delaware and Virginia are states that have a large medical manufacturering, research and corporate influence. I am not intamateing that that fact may have had "some" influence as to how unfairly the J&J and Kugel Hernia mesh cases were handled and "compensation" dispersal was decided. But I dare say that a case or cases properly handled in a more "favorable" atmosphere, say Oregon, may have a much better chance of seeing the clear light of day. I would have a lot more faith in a "small" firm that BELIEVED in what they are trying to do than a "BIG" law firm that is more worried about how they are going to pay for that private jet. If the Atrium law suit has any chance at all I say, GET THE BASTARDS! And Good Luck Patty......Best Wishes
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Thelma wrote:
I had a barb composix e/x mesh hernia laparoscopically implanted 8/30/2005 in April of 2011 I had to have it removed because it had set up severe staff infection. What can I do?
Thelma, just got of the phone with the law firm, your mesh was settled and they will not accept any new cases after the settlement, that includes me. You would end up owning them money when everyone else is paid up,lawyers, courts,and insurance companys. I hope you are back on your feet and feeling better. If you have a ring buckle case there is still hope in getting a pay out. Get your operative report, it will show your lot number and type of mesh used. Sorry for the bad news Thelma.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Hello Meshed:) You a correct once again. I received an email from change. Org regarding a petition to Congress. It said that congressmen should at least have some scientific knowledge before they vote against or for bills having to do with the health of American citizens. I used the teply section of that email to share stories of mesh victims. It certainly cannot hurt to try and get the message out and into as many activist organizations as possible. Hope you are feeling better these days. Go Raiders!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Here is the warning letter from the FDA to Atrium medical. Specifically mentions the CQUR mesh.
http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/W...
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

For all of you who have been following the MDL will find this interesting.First trial, John Whitfield ring buckle case,defendants win. Second trial, ring break case, plaintiffs win. Bard/ Davol not willing to settle ring buckle or non ring meshs, after a lot of talks they agree to settle all cases. Remember the payout list, Bard/Davol agrees to the payouts,180 million is set aside for victims. Some settled,some didn't, but the only person not to get a payout was John Whitfield, The law firm should of had a safety net for John and his family. For the law firm to pay them would not even put a dent in the profits they made from Kugel mesh victims. A lot of ligit cases were turned away from the MDL.

“God Loves You!”

Since: Sep 08

Miami Beach, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Blair wrote:
For all of you who have been following the MDL will find this interesting.First trial, John Whitfield ring buckle case,defendants win. Second trial, ring break case, plaintiffs win. Bard/ Davol not willing to settle ring buckle or non ring meshs, after a lot of talks they agree to settle all cases. Remember the payout list, Bard/Davol agrees to the payouts,180 million is set aside for victims. Some settled,some didn't, but the only person not to get a payout was John Whitfield, The law firm should of had a safety net for John and his family. For the law firm to pay them would not even put a dent in the profits they made from Kugel mesh victims. A lot of ligit cases were turned away from the MDL.
A few reasons why they lost:

Attorneys never challenged the mesh itself, only the weld on the ring, which was the reason for the recall.

A plaintiff attorneys told me personally in fall of 2010 "Mesh is the gold standard".(If they believed that, how could they ever win for anyone without a ring weld break?)

Plaintiff attorneys used the Composix EX Mesh as a better, safer alternative procedure to Kugel Mesh Patch. At least 200 of their clients had the Composix EX mesh implanted in them and they were kicked out of the case.

As I understand it, if there was no ring break, those injured patients were also kicked out of the case.

I tnink what happened in the Kugel Mesh Patch lawsuits is AWFUL. I am so sorry cause you guys really got burned.

These are my opinions and my understanding. If there are facts I don't know or am missing, please let me know.

Mesh is the living nightmare that never seems to end. Wishing all of you the very best possible in an awful situation. Lana
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Lana Keeton wrote:
<quoted text>
Attorneys never challenged the mesh itself, only the weld on the ring, which was the reason for the recall.
A plaintiff attorneys told me personally in fall of 2010 "Mesh is the gold standard".(If they believed that, how could they ever win for anyone without a ring weld break?)
Plaintiff attorneys used the Composix EX Mesh as a better, safer alternative procedure to Kugel Mesh Patch. At least 200 of their clients had the Composix EX mesh implanted in them and they were kicked out of the case.
As I understand it, if there was no ring break, those injured patients were also kicked out of the case.
I tnink what happened in the Kugel Mesh Patch lawsuits is AWFUL. I am so sorry cause you guys really got burned.
These are my opinions and my understanding. If there are facts I don't know or am missing, please let me know.
Mesh is the living nightmare that never seems to end. Wishing all of you the very best possible in an awful situation. Lana
Lana, everyone in the settlement got a payout except for John and the ones that refused the settlement. Cory Watson is still taking ring buckles cases and they are lead council in the MDL. Composix EX got a payout of 18k. They had a set time frame to get in on the settlement. The real mesh story never was never proven.
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Cory Watson will take your ring buckle cases , i spoke with them yesterday.

Buckle cases
3B Memory recoil ring buckle Bowel resection
Composix Kugel
153k 209 Claimants
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

steven435

Osceola, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

there are kugel mesh settlment talks yesterday and today with judge lovegreen, they are indeviduel cases.does any one know what type of cases these are.were they planetiffs that turned down the settlment?
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Lana Keeton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Lana, if your ring did not break, as in my case, you had no representation. As far as the Kugel case goes, my understanding is that the FDA with its decision not to put out any warnings about Polypropolene mesh caused the plaintiffs' lawyers to go after the weld as the only way to get a case in front of a judge. If the FDA would read its own MAUDE reports and actually do something about them we would all be talking about progress instead of the crumbs off the manufacturers table. I send my Best Wishes to you, Lana, and hope you are doing better.......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Having our carpet put in today and speaking with one of the contractors I was amazed to hear that his young wife is suffering from a kugle mesh as well. Her doctor told her she's making the pain up. She's been treated very badly from her medical providers. Her husband finally went with her to the doctor and set him straight. He said that even he cannot understand his wifes pain. I couldn't only tell him one thing. Believe your wife!
LeeLee

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

MDL ordered mandarory settlement conference for remaining unsettled cases. Nov 27 and 28 dates.
LeeLee

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

My atty.Watts,Guerra,Craft said all unsettled cases would be put before the judge to decide on. My ring did not break.
LeeLee

Ponchatoula, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

I have a non ring case.
Shelia

Ponchatoula, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

My case is non ring also. I did not settle. Maybe this conference will bring all good news for everyone so we can try and get well. God bless us all.
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Lee Lee, Shelia, Steven, hopefully your settlement offer increases. Keep us updated. Best of luck from a non ring victim who will never get justice.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Blair wrote:
Lee Lee, Shelia, Steven, hopefully your settlement offer increases. Keep us updated. Best of luck from a non ring victim who will never get justice.
I'll join Blair on that wish. After 6 years of pain and surgery I have no hope of ever getting any type of compensation from Kugel or J&J. I'm just not the right kind of client I guess. When you get above 50 you here all sorts of things from the medical community and even a few friends about being "older". I had to have my right testicle removed, Thank you Prolene and J&J, and I must have been told half a dozen times " Oh, but you don't need that anyway". I guess because I'm to old to procreate? WHAT!!??? After the surgery they sent in a shrink to discuss my loss. Do I have thoughts of suicide? Say WHAT?!! It was the smallest casket you ever saw, Doc! Don't know if I can get over the loss! It was very close to me, Doc. It was just like, just like a testicle to me. Anyway Sorry, BAD humor. The callus way that all of us have been handled by the medical and legal community is disgraceful. The loss of mobility, activities we enjoy, body parts, livelyhood, homes, sanity and general well being is disregarded by just about everyone ( unfortunately for some of us )includeing family members because we for the most part do not look like we are in distress. As I sit here typeing this morning my right side is burning and I have a dull pain going up my chest. What are you going through this morning? These are the symptoms that we all share and we can all relate but how do you convince the unbeliever? That is our lot in life now. I hope and pray that with a settlement that those of you that do get it, that it will bring you some peace and satisfaction. Best Wishes......
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Now on a different subject. CYBER ATTACK. I have been attacked now twice by a "MALICIOUS VIRUS'. Both attacks came just before meetings with a government agency that oversee's medical devices and prescriptions. I WAS NOT PART OF THE MEETINGS. I have provided documentation and investigative papers. I am associated with this forum and I work with the Meshoma Foundation in anyway I can. I have become close friends with certain people and they were the main target of these attacks. The virus is after files but destroys your computer. Luckily I now have a damn good firewall and it stopped this attack. The reason I post this is because although we are fighting for our rights as victims our opposition is fighting the loss of revenue, disclosure and possible prosecution. While our health is at risk these people are making more mesh and marketing it in places that have not been as affected as the U.S. and continueing to harm others. It is not in their nature to care about us as potential "consumers". It has become very evident that money is their main concern. There is now movement within the FDA concerning mesh. While some disclosure will be forthcoming what is really happening is that they are "circling the wagons" and are protecting their collective asses. A cyber attack on me and others is just another way of trying to protect themselves. It shows that they know whats coming but are trying to obvuscate, deny and ignore the facts while the rats jump ship. Its a very quiet war out there folks. These people are serious and they have our government behind them. I am ashamed of the FDA and their investigative branch the OCI. It has become abundantly clear that the know, they don't care and they are being paid off. There can be no other explanation for their refusal to recall mesh products that have abundantly shown to be dangerous. Be Safe......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Fort Worth Forum right now

Search the Fort Worth Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 4 min barefoot2626 21,598
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Defiant1 17,164
gangs of fort worth Tx (Sep '10) Mon It is what it is 23
Buck's Cabaret on Mecham Blvd (Oct '10) Mon curious 67
Aid Group: 2 Americans have Ebola in Liberia Mon Ibn Natas 1
Runoff victor to be publicly sworn in as family... (Sep '06) Sun Victim 66
Popular Paschal history teacher honored with pa... Jul 27 Dana Arnn 3
•••
•••

Fort Worth News Video

•••
Fort Worth Dating

more search filters

less search filters