Rocker Michaelz Dead at 34

Rocker Michaelz Dead at 34

There are 23 comments on the ContactMusic.com story from Jun 17, 2008, titled Rocker Michaelz Dead at 34. In it, ContactMusic.com reports that:

Cult Los Angeles glam rocker TRACI MICHAELZ has died under mysterious circumstances.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ContactMusic.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jonni jigolo

Pacoima, CA

#1 Jun 28, 2008
that dude was no LEGEND, they didn’t even write any GOOD music!!! are you people high on meth? dude, was a drunken poser… drank himself to sleep. MEDIOCRE lame-o wanna be glam rock that was NO WHERE even close to the 70’s or 80’s TALENT… this guy was NO LEGEND. a legend is someone who has done something great like stevie ray vaughan or randy rhoads… great MUSICIANS. traci michaelz was a freakin’ clown. a fool to boot and all the bands mentioned are SUCK ass crap. anyone who jams with loser chris lacey is doomed to be nobody. bunch of wanna be douche bags.
the 90’s glam scene, what a joke. glam was done in the 80’s idiots… 90’s glam was TOTAL fake crap and rip off scammers trying to pose with NO GOOD MUSIC. legend, NOT!

http://jonnijigolo.blogspot.com/

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2 Jun 28, 2008
There has no good good glam since David Bowie or T. Rex.
carol

United States

#3 Jun 28, 2008
never heard of him or them, listened to songs on myspace of them... i'm not getting it. the songs i heard were really terrible. so how this guy and band legends? don't you gotta have some hits or national touring exposure and airplay? just cause someone dies does NOT make them a legend... drinking yourself to death is also NOT a reason to make someone a LEGEND... whatever, rip but like i say, WHO?
jonni jigolo wrote:
that dude was no LEGEND, they didn’t even write any GOOD music!!! are you people high on meth? dude, was a drunken poser… drank himself to sleep. MEDIOCRE lame-o wanna be glam rock that was NO WHERE even close to the 70’s or 80’s TALENT… this guy was NO LEGEND. a legend is someone who has done something great like stevie ray vaughan or randy rhoads… great MUSICIANS. traci michaelz was a freakin’ clown. a fool to boot and all the bands mentioned are SUCK ass crap. anyone who jams with loser chris lacey is doomed to be nobody. bunch of wanna be douche bags.
the 90’s glam scene, what a joke. glam was done in the 80’s idiots… 90’s glam was TOTAL fake crap and rip off scammers trying to pose with NO GOOD MUSIC. legend, NOT!
The Real Jonni Jigolo

UK

#4 Jul 13, 2008
Whoever that guy is trying to be Jonni Jigolo isn't! Why you trying to say that www.jonnijigolo.bl ogspot is yours? it's my damn site, which has been inactive since the end of May! If you are the real Jonni Jigolo, put a post up there right now...oh yeh, i'm him, not you so maybe I should instead! Get your own name fool!
gar

United States

#6 Jul 20, 2008
lmao... this jonni jigolo is sure begging for attention what a douche...
jonni jigolo wrote:
Arg Snark the Snarkarger

Dallas, TX

#8 Jul 20, 2008
a legend at age34? did I miss something? I didn't like Elvis, except when I was a kid, but everyone on the planet including people from the very "backest" parts of China knew who he was.
I have to be honest with you, I have heard this guys name but never seen him, and couldn't tell you anything about him except what I could guess at.
The Dali Lama is a legend, John Wayne is a legend, The Beatles are all legendary as well.

Just who decides what and who a legend is? The guy that wrote this story?
Arg Snark the Snarkarger

Dallas, TX

#9 Jul 20, 2008
Musician wrote:
There has no good good glam since David Bowie or T. Rex.
Wow dude! You must be in my age group! I saw Mott the Hoople, Rush(yes), T.Rex(I think)(it was good acid)in concert. Man, those were the days, but things are much better now.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#10 Jul 20, 2008
Arg Snark the Snarkarger wrote:
<quoted text>Wow dude! You must be in my age group! I saw Mott the Hoople, Rush(yes), T.Rex(I think)(it was good acid)in concert. Man, those were the days, but things are much better now.
More than likely concerning our ages.
I remember when the big story was Bowie saying he was bi.
Might have been at the time for all I care (I don't, frankly)

Always thought Kiss was a cheap version of Alice Cooper and then Motley Crue was a cheap version of Kiss when they started out. Never liked either group much, save for a few tunes. Poseurs in my book.

Alice, however is still going strong. Doesn't look much older than he did in the heavy drinking days, FWIW.

I don't know if things are better now with the music, but they can always get better, that's for certain.
Fecal Matters

Dallas, TX

#11 Jul 20, 2008
Musician wrote:
<quoted text>
More than likely concerning our ages.
I remember when the big story was Bowie saying he was bi.
Might have been at the time for all I care (I don't, frankly)
Always thought Kiss was a cheap version of Alice Cooper and then Motley Crue was a cheap version of Kiss when they started out. Never liked either group much, save for a few tunes. Poseurs in my book.
Alice, however is still going strong. Doesn't look much older than he did in the heavy drinking days, FWIW.
I don't know if things are better now with the music, but they can always get better, that's for certain.
cheap, produced, made up bands like The Backstreet Boys are perfect examples of music butchers. I have been playing for 35 years. I do like some of the tunes from Motley and other similar bands. I have to admit that. The Bowie thing, I could live without the Bi stuff. Good all around performer and even like some tunes like "Let's Dance". Catchy beat and good musical construction, I think.
gar

Carson, CA

#12 Jul 23, 2008
eat me, douche bag... you ain't in uk, or malibu. poser. you need your ass kicked for pretending to be a rocker and for not having any brains. what kind of moron uses the name jonni jigolo? stop playing like you're in the 80's cause we all know your in your 20's and were'nt even born when the 80's were happening. get a life loser.
The Real Jonni Jigolo wrote:
Whoever that guy is trying to be Jonni Jigolo isn't! Why you trying to say that www.jonnijigolo.bl ogspot is yours? it's my damn site, which has been inactive since the end of May! If you are the real Jonni Jigolo, put a post up there right now...oh yeh, i'm him, not you so maybe I should instead! Get your own name fool!
scotty

Beverly Hills, CA

#14 Sep 5, 2008
traci michaels was an asshat!
jonni jigolo wrote:
Rev Muddy

Dallas, TX

#15 Sep 5, 2008
I just got a catalog in the mail from Guitar Center with Mick Mars and Nikki Sixx on the cover. If you look close you can tell that Mick Mars is wearing a wig under his hat and the skin on his neck looks like leather from an old ladies purse....and the other idiot "Nikki Sixx" (I wonder what his real name is?) Has all kinds of dye in his wierdly cut out gotee and fake hair (you KNOW its a wig or weave or something!) Man these guys should have given up long long ago. The noise they made in the 80's was BAD then and it's STILL bad now. They are old men who are still polishing turds. The turds of REBELLION and drugs....what POSERS!
danny k

Anaheim, CA

#17 Dec 8, 2008
mick mars=bob deal. nikki sixx=frank ferrano, vince wharton... or what ever... after shout at the devil, nope. you are correct. motley crue always were the wanna be rebels who overdosed on drugs and drank too much... blah, blah, blah... same old crap. they think being rebelious sells records... nothing but old men and sixx am is the worst crap ever. dj ashaba fucking poser retards all of them.
Rev Muddy wrote:
I just got a catalog in the mail from Guitar Center with Mick Mars and Nikki Sixx on the cover. If you look close you can tell that Mick Mars is wearing a wig under his hat and the skin on his neck looks like leather from an old ladies purse....and the other idiot "Nikki Sixx" (I wonder what his real name is?) Has all kinds of dye in his wierdly cut out gotee and fake hair (you KNOW its a wig or weave or something!) Man these guys should have given up long long ago. The noise they made in the 80's was BAD then and it's STILL bad now. They are old men who are still polishing turds. The turds of REBELLION and drugs....what POSERS!
daniel bartough

Anaheim, CA

#18 Dec 8, 2008
jim wigle from "that 70's band" wears a wig too in his ratt tribute non sense and he's a cover band poser...
mack maquire kyler

Swanton, OH

#22 Jul 12, 2009
mack maquire kyler

Swanton, OH

#23 Jul 12, 2009
didn't that guy kill himself? i asked some dude who knew him and he said the guy drank himself to sleep for good. if that is true he clearly is a true asshat.
scotty wrote:
traci michaels was an asshat!
<quoted text>
Andii

Grantham, UK

#27 Mar 1, 2010
You people want to grow the fk up and show some fking respect.
Traci was indeed a VERY talented drummer, and a true glam icon. He kept the spirit of Glam Rock alive and was totally dedicated in whatever he did.
Kazziekitty-UK

Edinburgh, UK

#30 May 7, 2010
I agree with you Andii - I had the pleasure of meeting Traci during my time in Hollywood. Yeah okay, musically he was no John Lennon but he was a legend of a person to those that knew him. He was a very talented drummer and his music was iconic of the glam/punk scene of the time. He was one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet, so full of life and enthusiasm. Yeah so he drank? Show me a rock "legend" who didn't? So he drank himself to sleep - at least he didn't die with a needle in his arm. And to pass away on Friday 13th while on tour - well, that was just soooo Traci!! I for one will miss that big smiling face and the memories I have will be treasured - to me now, The Rainbow and Hollywood will never be the same. RIP Traci xxx <3 xxx miss ya mate xxx

“sometimes the truth hurts...”

Since: Jul 09

detroit michigan

#31 May 18, 2010
and aren't you that queer who was talking smack about the real sister morphine chump?
Andii wrote:
You people want to grow the fk up and show some fking respect.
Traci was indeed a VERY talented drummer, and a true glam icon. He kept the spirit of Glam Rock alive and was totally dedicated in whatever he did.

“sometimes the truth hurts...”

Since: Jul 09

detroit michigan

#32 May 18, 2010
poor deluded girlie... there is NO DIFFERENCE in dying with drinking or using a needle... it's ALL THE SAME. it's called SUBSTANCE ABUSE. got it? good.
Kazziekitty-UK wrote:
I agree with you Andii - I had the pleasure of meeting Traci during my time in Hollywood. Yeah okay, musically he was no John Lennon but he was a legend of a person to those that knew him. He was a very talented drummer and his music was iconic of the glam/punk scene of the time. He was one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet, so full of life and enthusiasm. Yeah so he drank? Show me a rock "legend" who didn't? So he drank himself to sleep - at least he didn't die with a needle in his arm. And to pass away on Friday 13th while on tour - well, that was just soooo Traci!! I for one will miss that big smiling face and the memories I have will be treasured - to me now, The Rainbow and Hollywood will never be the same. RIP Traci xxx <3 xxx miss ya mate xxx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Worth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gang stalking in dfw (Feb '16) Nov 8 GeOReneedianegarr... 1,616
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Nov 3 Patti 345
News Students to Texas: - We are trying to fight for... Oct 30 Hillytestfarts 21
BEWARE - - Attorney Steven E Pirtle from Fort W... Oct 29 txsweetcakes 2
News Downpour floods White Rock Creek, swells Trinit... Oct 19 God Damned Holy S... 5
Christmas 1991 Murders (Aug '09) Oct 17 Christine 3
Done Working! The hospital is my home Sep '18 Private Citizen 3

Fort Worth Jobs

Personal Finance

Fort Worth Mortgages