Lawsuit Filed In Deadly Crash

Full story: WFLA-AM Tampa 25
The parents of two of the seven children killed in a north Florida truck-car-school bus accident near Lake Butler are filing suit against the truck driver and the trucking company. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
velvetwolf5

United States

#2 Feb 12, 2006
I'll say this once again=what is it with you people and this mother?You on a mother witch hunt?Have a mother complex? There was a MALE head of household in this family!!!!!!!!!!
K C Brau

Mabank, TX

#4 Feb 13, 2006
The all-American answer......... file a lawsuit. Only serves to convince me further that lawyers are the lowest form of life. If not for them, we could shoot pedifiles and crooked politians. Only thing this lawsuit will do is put fees into an ambulance chaser's pocket. It will not help those children or prevent accidents.
Les

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Feb 13, 2006
K C Brau wrote:
The all-American answer......... file a lawsuit. Only serves to convince me further that lawyers are the lowest form of life. If not for them, we could shoot pedifiles and crooked politians. Only thing this lawsuit will do is put fees into an ambulance chaser's pocket. It will not help those children or prevent accidents.
I read that the other family of the two kids in the car had filed a lawsuit against the truckdriver but aren't they gonna have to sue the Mann family being that it was their daughter that was driving the car?? just curious?
Jess

Eau Claire, WI

#6 Feb 13, 2006
Sue them for what? The kids being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Considering the girls age had not one dang thing to do with why they died that is the only reason I could think of.
Joe

Delray Beach, FL

#7 Feb 14, 2006
Is everyone missing the point?The driver of the truck was negligent,bottom line.Children lost there lives because of someone not paying attention.
Jess

Eau Claire, WI

#8 Feb 14, 2006
THANK YOU! I just wish everyone else could get that through their heads. It is actually making me ill watching everyone go after the poor victims and their families!
Bonkys Mom

United States

#9 Feb 14, 2006
It makes me ill as well Jess. My man is a trucker and he said he would rather kill himself, send his truck into a ditch at the side of the road than run into those children. He, of course, is a safe truck driver. He wouldn't have driven 34 hours or even up for that long, endangering the welfare of people on the road. The whole thing stinks.
velvetwolf5

United States

#13 Feb 14, 2006
What you say you'll do when not in the situation,isn't always what you "will" do in the situation!If you fall asleep while driving you are on reflect action,not awake , aware and in full control.
Bonkys Mom

United States

#15 Feb 14, 2006
get real wrote:
i bet "bongos mom is a stay at home gal with nothing to do all day long....
You are by far the rudest person here. I happen to work a very good job as a designer. My man works for someone and himself. You obviously don't have anything better to do than to hurt people's feelings. You have some anger issues. I hope you get some help. I happen to occastionally take a quick break from my computer work, otherwise I wouldn't be here. Part of my job is to research the net for quality photos for print. I was drawn to this because I have little children and I love children. Who do you love?
Bonkys Mom

United States

#16 Feb 14, 2006
get real wrote:
<quoted text>

i bet he drives for the local company in union county, so he speeds too. when you make chicken feed for a living you have to speed to get your quota in. because he can be home at night, so he cant drive 34 hrs a day.
You know, money isn't everything. That is precisely what is wrong with the materialist today. Money is more important than life. Rushing around is more important than being careful. I agree that there isn't enough law enforcement. But, there is no reason, and you can not make me see a reason, to rush around for money instead of considering safety first.
Bonkys Mom

United States

#17 Feb 14, 2006
What's wrong with a stay at home Mom anyway? Stay at home Mom's have many more jobs than anyone. The drive everyone around, take kids to karate or ballet, get dinner ready, some even home school that were teachers before they had kids. They, many, are many faceted individuals. Get Real should try and write more clearly than writing in broken english which is barely comprehensible.
velvetwolf5

United States

#18 Feb 14, 2006
Rude,is people who twist statements into something else ,is people who think everyone must think like they do,people who bash others for their thoughts and feelings and degree of education.Last time i checked this was a free country which upholds the freedom of speech.
Bonkys Mom

United States

#19 Feb 14, 2006
velvetwolf5 wrote:
What you say you'll do when not in the situation,isn't always what you "will" do in the situation!If you fall asleep while driving you are on reflect action,not awake , aware and in full control.
If this is a free country, than I have a right as any other person to voice my opinion. I think a lot of people here including you, do not clearly say what you are trying to say. That is all. You say you fall asleep while driving, you are on reflect action, not awake, and then you go on to say you are aware and in full control. What the heck are you saying? That when you are sleeping you are in complete control because your on auto pilot. What a lot of bunk you are speaking.
Jess

Eau Claire, WI

#20 Feb 14, 2006
velvetwolf5 wrote:
What you say you'll do when not in the situation,isn't always what you "will" do in the situation!If you fall asleep while driving you are on reflect action,not awake , aware and in full control.
I have drove tired many times, on trips and such. I'm not saying truck driver hours, but I think people know the feeling of driving tired. You would think anyone who is falling asleep and wakes up right before an accident and has time to blare on the horn would have naturally taken the ditch instead. Also consider the giant school bus in front. That is a deffinate reason to ditch it. I just don't understand what happened here cause it makes no sense and I wish they would hurry and give us anything about the investigation.
Bonkys Mom

United States

#21 Feb 14, 2006
Yeah, nothing new yet. It seems so inconceivable that this happened the way it did. It just doesn't make sense. Geez. If I'm tired, and I've been tired, I pulled over. There is no auto pilot unless you have another driver in the car.
Little Sorrel

Cape Coral, FL

#22 Feb 14, 2006
I think you people are so funny. you all look at this as if you all know every small detail. the fact that this happened is sad. but what is sueing going to help anything for that matter what is ponting fangers going to do? I'm an EMT is South FLA. I see sad thing like this all the the time. but lets all sit down and think about this. you had two people driving when they should not have. The Parents should have not let there kids to drive the car, what is reasponseable about that? The driver of the Semi shouldn't have been driving, but sometimes the fear of lossing your job, make you do things you normally wouldn't do. not enough trafic control. what is that? have you ever thought of what cops go through? they are over worked and underpaid everywhere you go. Them people need your support all of them. the driver screwed up but that is something that he will have to live with the rest of his life. My Farther when I was a baby, he was a truck driver too, but he ran over a kid who parents was away parting, the kid was on a moped at night with no lights on it, the kid was jumping the bike over a hill in the rode and my Farther killed him. I was not aloud to ride anything when it started getting dark. I grew up seeing My farther cry about this at night or wake up from nightmares. why punnish the triver anymore? why punish his family his kids and wife? why point fangers at the cops? and blame lawers? why if it wouldn't be for people that relied on others to raise there kids, or dogde what they are supose to do. and the people that are looking to get rich quick, we wouldn't need them, if you going to blame any one look at your self first. who has not drove tired? or fail asleep behind the wheel? I know I have in the Ambulance. how many of you people are perfect drivers? how many of you guys push the limits? put your self in the drivers shoes. sueing the driver or the county or God his self will not bring the kids back. pointing fangers will not bring the kids back. you all can say you would do this or that, well the fact of the fact you have no idea how you would react unless you was put in a place to react, you would ditch the truck have you ever been in a wrech? I take not I have, it goes so fast that sometimes you don't have time to think about stuff like that you just do. but take this what is it worth nothing much just had to get that off my chest. but think before you people react.
velvetwolf5

United States

#23 Feb 15, 2006
Little Sorrel=thank you for your input,and the job you do.The world is full of many fools who think they are in control,you know and i know they are not.I was in an accident like this caused by a drunk driver.He hit the gas tank, and the car rolled an exploded.These people know nothing but what they think,since we use only 1/3 of our brain, we don,t know much.I owe my life to people who are quick thinkers and people like you.God bless you for your strength,and compassion.
Little Sorrel

Cape Coral, FL

#27 Feb 15, 2006
I know there was misspelled words in my last statement, I was typing to fast. But people like Velvet is why I do the job I do. My job is to help and not judge no body. Our statements come from things that happened in our past, and how dare you a smart a## statement like you just did. I didn't wrought what I did to get people upset, or mad. I wtought what I did to maybe look at thing diffrently. I didn't wright what I did for people to use it to make there self look smart by putting down others. You do what I do for any time at all it starts to prey on your mind, I'm from a small county like Union co. I grew up with the people I run on. We see stuff normal people should never see. it causes us to look at more then the small thiings, or jump to anything. all I wanted to say with my last statment there was alot of things that happened at that crash. there is alot of what ifs. the blame is thick and should not be put on one person, everyone envolved will have to live with the choices they made the rest of there life, so why make it any more worse then it has to be, by going to court? it does nobody no good, it just keeps bring up bad bad memories, for everyone envolved from the parents to the truck driver, to every one on that bus, and even everyone that got there after the fact. That crash will hunt enough people as it is, why pull more into it? I do beleive everyone that was there will be in there own prison till the day each and every day of there lifes, so stop thinking that this efects just you and getting are rude about it, with people you don't know. The pain of it does not belong to anyone that has wrote in this room, it is not your place to get rude with people it was or is not your pain, to deal with look at the bigger picture. put yourself in the shoes of the person you are talking about.
Bonkys Mom

United States

#28 Feb 15, 2006
What? How am I a bigot for defending a stay at home mom that you so rudely put down? You know, if you could debate well and make me believe in what you are saying, I would agree with you. But instead, you lower yourself to name calling instead of making anyone clearly understand what you are trying to say. You understood what I was saying, even if I, when typing fast, wrote many-faceted individual instead of multi-faceted. You on the other hand out of the blue, decided to say nasty things to me about, oh, she must be a stay at home Mom, ETc. etc. For reason's unknown to me. You obviously have nothing better to do.

Hey Little Sorrel, you are so right. I hope the most important thing that occurs from all of this is that everyone is a little more careful on the road out there. Be safe everyone.
Bonkys Mom

United States

#29 Feb 15, 2006
Has anyone heard of anything new? I'll check around as well. Gotta go to work now. Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort White Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Branford,FL (May '08) 12 hr Billmelater 3
A Holton one of your own 12 hr Billmelater 1
Review: Kims Chemicals and Phamaceuticals (Sep '12) 16 hr crazyUS 128
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lake City, FL (Aug '10) 16 hr Rumbys 58
the endtimer, mead ministries, mountain top wha... (Oct '12) 16 hr hymster 61
A Columbia County Religious Cult (Jun '06) 16 hr fuilcrew 196
Big Daddy's now open in Live Oak (Nov '08) 16 hr fuilcrew 174

Flood Warning for Leon County was issued at December 28 at 8:23PM EST

Fort White Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fort White People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort White News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort White

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:41 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:41PM
Saints vs. Buccaneers: Full Report Card Grades for Tampa Bay
Yahoo! Sports 3:46 PM
Bittersweet feelings for 'sack master' Watt
Bleacher Report 4:02 PM
Grading Houston's Positional Units in Week 17
NBC Sports 4:21 PM
Jaguars overpowered by Watt, Texans in 23-17 loss - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:25 PM
Who Should Bucs Draft No. 1 Overall?