News Anchor Arrested

News Anchor Arrested

There are 5 comments on the Indiana's NewsCenter story from Jun 27, 2012, titled News Anchor Arrested. In it, Indiana's NewsCenter reports that:

Fort Wayne police arrested Collins Tuesday afternoon in the parking lot of a southwest Fort Wayne Walgreens pharmacy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Indiana's NewsCenter.

Since: Jun 12

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 27, 2012
I feel bad for Ms. Mary Collins Frank. It is really sad that the media has to broadcast this. I have been watching her for awhile, I think since Ms. Blomquist had her babies. She always seems to be professional, and accurate when delivering the news. I hope that she can get the help she needs, because it is sad to see her going through this. We don't know what she is going through, we should pray for her. I just can't believe she would make a decision to do something so reckless knowing she could have hurt someone or even herself. Also her being a local celebrity should have caused her to think twice about doing something so reckless. I just hope that people will support her, and get her the help she needs. I also pray that her job will give Hera chance together help, instead of firing her and turning thier back on her. Me and my family will be praying for her and her family.
Joannapaxton

Wabash, IN

#2 Jun 28, 2012
I agree Mary needs help and I pray she will get help so her family can move on. What I don't agree with is you not feeling that the media has do broadcast this. The media most definitely has to broadcast this because she is a local celebrity. If Mary had accidently injured or even worse had killed one of your loved ones, tell me do you think you would feel the same way? I know that I would stop at nothing to make sure justice was done if it was my family member injured or killed. If it was one of my family members that was charged for DWI you had better believe I would be for them paying the price for their actions. My heart would be broken as I am sure Mary's family is hurt by all of this.

Since: Jun 12

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 29, 2012
I never said she shouldn't be held responsible for her actions. I said the media didn't need broadcast it. It would be different if she would have hurt someone. Fortunately she didn't. It was only my opinion I stated, I never one time said that she shouldn't be responsible for the choice she made. I just feel that instead of trying to shame her publicly, she should have been treated the same way you or I would have been treated. I believe she needs help more than she needs judged by the public. I also believe she has more problems that are causing her to make these bad decisions.
SNAKEDOCTOR

AOL

#4 Jul 9, 2012
"I never said she shouldn't be held responsible for her actions. I said the media didn't need broadcast it."

That's part of taking responsibility. The media broadcast OWI's all the time. Why should she be exempt?

"I just feel that instead of trying to shame her publicly, she should have been treated the same way you or I would have been treated."

Don't want to be shamed...don't do shameful things. You or I would've made the papers. As I said, OWI's are reported all the time.

"I believe she needs help more than she needs judged by the public."

Very true. But the incident being reported has nothing to do with being judged by the public. It's news.
not really

Lima, OH

#5 Jul 17, 2012
SNAKEDOCTOR wrote:
"I never said she shouldn't be held responsible for her actions. I said the media didn't need broadcast it."
That's part of taking responsibility. The media broadcast OWI's all the time. Why should she be exempt?
"I just feel that instead of trying to shame her publicly, she should have been treated the same way you or I would have been treated."
Don't want to be shamed...don't do shameful things. You or I would've made the papers. As I said, OWI's are reported all the time.
"I believe she needs help more than she needs judged by the public."
Very true. But the incident being reported has nothing to do with being judged by the public. It's news.
You're telling me you see photos of OWI arrests on TV "all the time"? Really? The previous poster was not saying Collins should go unpunished. They meant she should receive the exact same treatment as anyone else who is charged with OWI! I agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adoption 22 hr Hopeful0913 1
Hookers in Ft Wayne Jun 29 JerkOffs 2
Gay man looking for straight man. Discrete (Nov '14) Jun 23 Devil snake 4
Goshen Music Thread (Nov '14) Jun 19 Musikologist 2
News Woman possibly hit by bullet, sheriff's range t... Jun 18 JerkOffs 1
alan markley Jun 14 the one 1
News 2 held on cocaine, marijuana charges Jun 13 Pope Rush says 1
More from around the web

Fort Wayne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE