MDE fines 8 landlords for lead paint

Full story: Baltimore Sun
Continuing its stepped up enforcement of lead paint laws, the Maryland Department of the Environment said today it has issued nearly $240,000 in fines against eight landlords. Full Story
Jesse

Ellicott City, MD

#1 Feb 26, 2008
As a former property manager in Baltimore City, I was surprised to learn how few rental properties owners knew of the laws regarding lead based paint and their responsibility as a property owner.

Too many people watched the late night infomercials about real estate investing, drank the kool aid and did not do any homework.

Perhaps news of these fines will wake some of them up and they'll finally realize that there is very real responsibility when choosing to own a rental property.

Of course, the easiest and best thing an investor could do is hire a property manager to worry about such things. However, many are upside down on their mortgage because they also didn't do their homework and bought an overpriced property that cannot be rented for the cost of the mortgage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Master Chief Petty Officer Melvin G williams, Sr. Fri Sunset 263
Forest heights police Oct 22 greenenvirofriendly 11
Your opinion of Melvin G. Williams, Sr. Oct 19 Snap 144
forest heights police-mayor goodall Sep 28 keith 1
Chief Mitchell Sep '14 keith 2
forest heights police-jackie Sep '14 Jackie 2
forest heights police-jackie Sep '14 Jackie 3
Fort Washington Dating
Find my Match

Fort Washington Jobs