Snow Plows Get Main Roads, Miss the Rest

Snow Plows Get Main Roads, Miss the Rest

There are 1 comment on the WRC-TV story from Feb 13, 2010, titled Snow Plows Get Main Roads, Miss the Rest. In it, WRC-TV reports that:

Washington, DC snow crews are allegedly busy removing, hauling and plowing from the back-to-back snow storms that hit the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WRC-TV.

Serena Evans

Fort Washington, MD

#1 Feb 15, 2010
I have been stranded in my neighborhood since the beginning of this storm. Yes, it was a terrible unexpected amount of snow that has devastated the metropolitan area along with the drop in temperature, but I would think that the DEPT OF PUBLIC WORKS would at least know that if you have not sent a plow to take care of the neighborhoods before this Sunday, then a plow would not be able to take care of the packed layers of ice that have now taken over the roads. Waco Drive is a dangerously icy hill that residents have to attempt to walk up or down b/c only a few cars (4x4's) are able to make the hill.(Vistula Drive) along with Oaklawn Drive and many of the roads in this area of Ft. Washington MD. have either not been touched or just slightly salted (once). These streets can not be plowed or lightly salted, which I gather is a confirmation or an attempt to testify to "All The Streets in PG CO. MD have been plowed". Give me a break, we have been patient and understanding long enough. This is yet another day that I will not be able to make it to work b/c my car won't make it up the ICY HILL. Heavy duty machinery has to break up the ice and then scooped up into a dump truck. I'm not saying that people aren't working their "butts" off, b/c I do understand it's a lot to deal with. What I am saying though, "MARYLAND DEPT OF Public Works", is, don't make it sound or appear as though you have dedicated yourselves to strickly taking care of all of your residents that pay taxes in the PRINCE GEORGES COUNTY area. I have called your snow removal number on numerous occasions and have left my information about our area. At this point another day has almost passed and nothing in the attempt to assist or remedy our situation. There are a number of older people in this area and from what I have learned a few that have medical situations that could prompt emergency accountability. I am not happy with this situation at all b/c being new to the area, I have found out that although this STORM was unusual, the way the situation is being handle for the resident's of this area IS NOT. Many have expressed to me that this is how their area is ALWAYS HANDLED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
officer calvin washington/officer antwan lewis/... Jul 19 rena 3
officer calvin washington/officer antwan lewis/... Jun '16 andie 1
Forest Heights Police Officer Milton Dean (Jul '12) Jun '16 andie 18
News Pair Wanted For Attempted Murder in Prince Geor... (Jun '14) May '16 jose 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May '16 American 8
News 1 firefighter dead, 1 seriously injured after T... Apr '16 the truth 1
officer calvin washington police officer in mar... Apr '16 twindirtypolice o... 1

Fort Washington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Washington Mortgages