President of Drywall Company Employin...

President of Drywall Company Employing Illegal Aliens at Eglin Air Force Base Arrested

There are 9 comments on the WTVY Dothan story from Jan 7, 2011, titled President of Drywall Company Employing Illegal Aliens at Eglin Air Force Base Arrested. In it, WTVY Dothan reports that:

Sheyenne Leona Contreras, age 30, who is the president of H&S Drywall Inc, was arrested in Lake County Florida on an Okaloosa County warrant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVY Dothan.

Ha Ha LMAO

United States

#1 Jan 7, 2011
Cheaters eventually get caught! lmao
Herman

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#2 Jan 9, 2011
I bet they were illegal. But let me tell you something now, illegal or not Mexicans can drywall a house in one day, I have seen them at work. They can brick a house in two days. They can do mostly anything that we white and black boys are not capable of doing, or don't want to do. Its bad that they have to be illegal, but they are good and hard workers.
Can You Hear Me

United States

#3 Jan 9, 2011
Aiding and abetting the Illegal aliens while turing his nose up to unemployed Americans. Hope he looses everything.
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jan 10, 2011
I hope they seize his assets, since they can be considered the proceeds of criminal activity. The ba$tard needs to learn that the rules are there for everyone's sake and violating them has consequences.
illegalsgottago

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Jan 10, 2011
Herman wrote:
I bet they were illegal. But let me tell you something now, illegal or not Mexicans can drywall a house in one day, I have seen them at work. They can brick a house in two days. They can do mostly anything that we white and black boys are not capable of doing, or don't want to do. Its bad that they have to be illegal, but they are good and hard workers.
So that fact that they can slap drywall up makes it ok for them to violate the law? Using your logic because a robber can handle a gun it makes it OK he robs a store or someone who is adept at forging documents for illegal aliens is OK to continue his/her illegal activities because he can turn out 100 documents a day...NOT...believe me the quality of work is less than great (I had a house built where they inserted the wrong size vent pipe and then just molded the drywall around the larger pipe and bowed out the wall and they considered it just fine..NOT...it's the monkey see monkey do method move from one job to the next without a thought to the quality of work just the next paycheck. An prior to 1986 who do you think built houses space aliens?? Thanks for playing the game though...
Herman

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#6 Jan 10, 2011
illegalsgottago wrote:
<quoted text>
So that fact that they can slap drywall up makes it ok for them to violate the law? Using your logic because a robber can handle a gun it makes it OK he robs a store or someone who is adept at forging documents for illegal aliens is OK to continue his/her illegal activities because he can turn out 100 documents a day...NOT...believe me the quality of work is less than great (I had a house built where they inserted the wrong size vent pipe and then just molded the drywall around the larger pipe and bowed out the wall and they considered it just fine..NOT...it's the monkey see monkey do method move from one job to the next without a thought to the quality of work just the next paycheck. An prior to 1986 who do you think built houses space aliens?? Thanks for playing the game though...
I never said it was OK for them to violate the law. But employer going to use them regardless if they violate the law, because number one they work cheap, and number two they are hard workers. I have a friend in the Ft Walton Bch area that lost lots of business in laying brick to Mexicans. Employers will hire them regardless if they are illegal or not. Mainly because they work cheap.

Since: Jun 08

Woodbridge, VA

#7 Jan 10, 2011
Herman wrote:
And the work is often substandard because they are hired fast, they have no investment in the job long term and there is no insurance that covers them.

There is this neat thing called minimum work. My sister has a new construction house that is literally falling apart - things that I would expect in my 40 year old house in a house not even a year old. Just because someone can do a job fast, does not mean the job is being done well. We have had a lot of construction done in our area by illegal laborers (yes businesses have been busted here in the past years) and know what - let's talk houses smelling of urine because it was found one crew was not going outsite to the porta-potties because it was too cold - so they relieved themselves (and "pooped" too) in the corners, on the subflooring. Work that was to code but poorly done has been found in half - three quarter million dollar homes. An illegal has little investment in a job aside from that day's pay - especially if they are being paid piece-work. Also, if there is a problem, it is almost impossible to track them down for retribution.

Smart contractors would not touch an illegal for a variety of reasons. It is a major legal issue for them.

I would rather a slower but properly done job (reasonably slow) than a fast and slip-shop job.
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jan 10, 2011
Maybe there's a marketing angle in here somewhere.

Kind of like a "Certified Green Home".. "This house was assembled using 100% citizen labor". Hm. "Certified Legal Home".. Has a nice ring to it..

Since: Jun 08

Woodbridge, VA

#9 Jan 10, 2011
Free is free wrote:
Maybe there's a marketing angle in here somewhere.
Kind of like a "Certified Green Home".. "This house was assembled using 100% citizen labor". Hm. "Certified Legal Home".. Has a nice ring to it..
I like this.

The few jobs we had to contract out, two were done by crews with legally hired immigrants. The work was great and we had the same crew every day. I have no issue with legally hired immigrants. We also had excellent work done by crews of all "good ol' boys." But with illegal labor - you get what you pay for. Crap... and literally in a housing development here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Walton Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Corps addresses Navarre Pass (Oct '08) 17 hr Bart Price 13
News Lackey's Hut dedicated Feb 20 Hornet FE 1
Alfredo cristy automotive link Feb 3 Ltown 1
News Florida man drunk-dials cops, says dog ate hear... Jan 31 Phyllis Schlafly ... 2
News Canadian snowbirds: Rules you need to know (Jan '15) Jan 29 Gramps 3
Need a hook up! Jan '17 Datboi 2
New Okaloosa County Arrests & Mugshots (Feb '14) Jan '17 Mike 4

Fort Walton Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Walton Beach Mortgages