Gaetz: Panhandle - pathway of growth'

Gaetz: Panhandle - pathway of growth'

There are 4 comments on the Washington County News story from Jun 18, 2013, titled Gaetz: Panhandle - pathway of growth'. In it, Washington County News reports that:

Northwest Florida is positioned to be a leader in economic growth for the state, said state Senator Don Gaetz on Tuesday, June 18. "We're in the position to be a pathway of growth for not just Northwest Florida, but the entire state, in the next 10 to 15 years," Gaetz said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington County News.

good one

Chipley, FL

#2 Jun 20, 2013
10 or 15 yrs from now he panhandle is going to be the same. It's a welfare area, you don't have to work, just stay home and collect from the state.
Old timer

Shalimar, FL

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Four lane 79 from I 10 to airport, distribution co. or some other industry. When Mish. tire co started there were stacks of papers with people looking for a good job. I am sure if work was offered there would be people standing in line asking for a job. The youth have almost no chance of a good job in this area now, but if jobs were here they would stay and there would be a tax base to help the county. I have faith in our youth they will take a job if offered.
truth

Houston, TX

#4 Jun 21, 2013
The problem is most of us have taken crap jobs until we worked our way up or found something better.The problem is most people nowadays wont take just any job because they think it is beneath them and they dont want to relocate for work either so they would rather just be unemployed and collect welfare.Even if company comes here that is a good job they will want experienced people.Thats the reason we have so many illegals is everyone thinks they are worth at least $20 an hour or its not worth their time and they dont want anything that involves actual labor.Right now there is a shortage in our area for skilled mechanics and it pays good but nobody wants to go into that because its hard work.Now alot like corrections or state jobs because they dont have to do anything. Problem is there are more lazy people than there are state jobs around here.
Now You Know

Lake Worth, FL

#5 Jun 21, 2013
truth wrote:
The problem is most of us have taken crap jobs until we worked our way up or found something better.The problem is most people nowadays wont take just any job because they think it is beneath them and they dont want to relocate for work either so they would rather just be unemployed and collect welfare.Even if company comes here that is a good job they will want experienced people.Thats the reason we have so many illegals is everyone thinks they are worth at least $20 an hour or its not worth their time and they dont want anything that involves actual labor.Right now there is a shortage in our area for skilled mechanics and it pays good but nobody wants to go into that because its hard work.Now alot like corrections or state jobs because they dont have to do anything. Problem is there are more lazy people than there are state jobs around here.
Just because you use your mind instead of your back to do your job doesn't make it easy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Walton Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any GLBTQ members live in this area? Sat Lucy and Ethyl 1
Denton Fri Lindy 1
News Settling cruise bill has been rough sailing (Mar '08) Jun 24 GFL 262
electricity Jun 22 oh yeah 1
Hells Angels in Fort Walton (Jan '13) Jun 19 SparkPlug 18
Beach Jun 7 Kim 1
New To Area Jun 7 SAM 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Walton Beach Mortgages