Matt

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Apr 29, 2013
Looking to move down to FWB soon, need a one or two bedroom place for $400-$500. Doesn't have to be nice but we don't want to be afraid to go home at night and aren't sure where the bad areas of town are at. Any suggestions?
Been there

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Apr 29, 2013
Matt wrote:
Looking to move down to FWB soon, need a one or two bedroom place for $400-$500. Doesn't have to be nice but we don't want to be afraid to go home at night and aren't sure where the bad areas of town are at. Any suggestions?
You aren't going to get much for that money. There are good and bad pockets everywhere. Best bet is to drive the neighborhoods in advance. Out west towards Navarre is pretty good.
Been there

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Apr 29, 2013
wordd to the wise....make sure you have a good job lined up before moving.... it's a 9$ an hour town.
laughing

Brownsville, TN

#4 Apr 30, 2013
Been there wrote:
wordd to the wise....make sure you have a good job lined up before moving.... it's a 9$ an hour town.
And the police department isn't worth a damn. They couldn't find their butts with both hands. Do yourself a favor move somewhere else. Or go buy a gun...
Local

Panama City Beach, FL

#5 May 4, 2013
Matt wrote:
For that much rent, make sure you have a shotgun and handgun, you'll need it, for sure!!!
Matt

Marion, IL

#6 May 28, 2013
Found a decent 2 bedroom place about 300 feet from a bayou and in a good neighborhood for $475/month, so it's not as bad as everyone said - everything down there is so much cheaper than here in Illinois! Cigs, taxes, gas...and $9/hour is a more than our $8.25/hour town we are currently in that has a higher crime rate...
CCW

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#7 Sep 18, 2013
It's a good area. Strong military town with a decent economy and a housing market that's coming back. The police are good they are just small and under budget. The Sherrifs department is the big dogs here and they are good as long as you are. Every encounter I have had with them has been very pleasant. Don't act like an idiot and they won't treat you like one. Good luck bud.
Joey

Panama City Beach, FL

#8 Sep 18, 2013
Lots of high paying jobs, low rent, no crime, it's all good. Come get you a piece of paradise.
CCW

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#9 Sep 18, 2013
Matt you have to learn to take the good with the bad. I'm being honest and telling you the truth. The rest of these idiots are just screwing with you.
Katie

Colorado Springs, CO

#10 Mar 29, 2014
I am planning a move to the area, also. Would anyone who likes it there be willing to talk to me? I have some questions that I don't think will be answered candidly by realtors.
BEEN THERE

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Mar 30, 2014
Katie wrote:
I am planning a move to the area, also. Would anyone who likes it there be willing to talk to me? I have some questions that I don't think will be answered candidly by realtors.
I was there for many years, left for a year, but moving back. Will help you out with what I know.
Bill

Panama City Beach, FL

#12 Mar 30, 2014
CCW wrote:
It's a good area. Strong military town with a decent economy and a housing market that's coming back. The police are good they are just small and under budget. The Sherrifs department is the big dogs here and they are good as long as you are. Every encounter I have had with them has been very pleasant. Don't act like an idiot and they won't treat you like one. Good luck bud.
The biggest problem with this area is the abundance of ex-military. They spend 20 years in the military and then collect retirement for the rest of their lives. Then they take local jobs for low wages and depress the whole job market. The worst part is when you meet these paper soldiers you have to listen to their pathetic stories about how patriotic they are.
Hmm

Eglin Afb, FL

#13 Apr 5, 2014
Actually most of the ex-military take contractor jobs for high wages.

I don't really see a problem with someone getting a job after living somewhere for 20 years. Don't listen to the whiner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Walton Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Staffs Restaurant 18 hr curious 1
Internet, zoning make adult bookstores endanger... Dec 21 taroB 1
Detail Pro Dec 17 DetailPro 2
A Hampton Inn for Seagrove? Dec 16 Judith LaHaie 2
FBI serves search warrants at dermatology office Dec 15 sheryl 1
Doctor offering 'chelation therapy' has office ... (Apr '08) Dec 7 mossy seaman 9
Review: Dave Turville's Custom Cabinets Dec 7 mossy seaman 3
More from around the web

Fort Walton Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Walton Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Walton Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:52 am PST

ESPN 6:52AM
Buccaneers give Murphy a 3-year extension