Byron needs new leadership Vote out Larry Collins

Posted in the Fort Valley Forum

ANONYMOUS

Fitzgerald, GA

#1 Oct 30, 2007
The city protects it's friends who are in the circle. If I didn't pay my property taxes they would file a lien on my property, but people in the circle do not have to worry. They can owe thousands of dollars and nothing is done. The city marshal said he cannot go to friends and demand money. There is over 100,000 in unpaid property taxes. They could at least set up a payment plan. Also, did the mayor make money every year that the industrial park went undeveloped. Why did it take 4 1/2 years to develop? I know he will have a reason why he benefited on the lack of development. Attorneys are very good at making something wrong seem right.
marylou

Kittanning, PA

#2 Oct 31, 2007
they sure do! Mayor Collins has a yard sign in Jason Allmon's yard. What is that all about? Allmon is the guy who killed the dog in Byron. He was indicted on felony charges and the mayor gave him a yard sign. This is the kind of person our Mayor looks after. Not surprising. Typical good old boys.
Annie May Giles

Kittanning, PA

#3 Oct 31, 2007
Byron Georgia needs new leadership

Mr. Allman is no stranger to the court system of Byron Georgia. He has been in court before, concerning the dissapearance of pets in the neigborhood. He admitted to trapping and “disposing” of neighborhood cats and other animals.
The Attorney for Jasson Allmon is Mr. Michael Chidester and he said "Mr. Allmon shot a nuisance animal on his own property. It wouldn't be a crime if he'd shot a raccoon or a possum. We don't see why this animal is anything but a nuisance animal... In our view
Chief of Police Cannon said the man "fired 14 shots" with a silenced pistol. He is charged with Felony Aggravated Cruelty to Animals and Discharging a Weapon in a Residential Area. This carries a one to 5 year jail sentence.
"He came back with a gun in his hand and aimed it at her and looked at me and said you had this coming and he shot her twice in the head," Toni Smission, WSB TV.
Mayor Collins has a campaign sign in Jason Allmon's yard and he like Mr. Chidester are both running for re-election in Byron. What signal is this sending to the public?
The Puppy Killer's Court Date is Set for November 5, 2007 in Peach County
Sam

Winston, GA

#4 Nov 1, 2007
I heard he sued the person that was trying to run against him regarding the city council position. That person then withdrew from the race and the "lawsuit" was dropped. Same thing with Chumley. What's going on here. I think I see a pattern. I think Walker is now being sued along with Toni Smission. You know what's interesting about all of this? It's one week before elections.
Dean

Warner Robins, GA

#5 Nov 1, 2007
I posted a poll for Sandra Walker. Please read it and put comments. Thanks, Dean
Johnathan Hix

Tifton, GA

#6 Nov 2, 2007
It is interesting that the he also filed suit against Toni Smisson and is trying to have her dog removed. She is running for city council. Mayor Collins still has his campaign sign in Jason Allmons yard too. It is even more revealing that Michael Chidester is Jason Allmon's lawyer and running for city council as well. Mayor Collins, what are you up too? You are not fooling the people of Byron and Toomerville.
Mary Avery

Warner Robins, GA

#7 Nov 5, 2007
We recognize Mrs. Walker as a public official who refuses to back away from her responsibilities to inform Byron citizens of the status quo. The unwarranted personal charges made against her in an effort to discredit her have obviously come from those using public office for their own ends.

Thank you Mrs. Walker...We sincerely hope Byron will respond with the support you deserve to become our new mayor. You have my vote.
Anonymous

Warner Robins, GA

#8 Feb 18, 2013
Wow crazy town :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cafe Erotica razing begins (Aug '08) Apr 27 Athena 6
armstrong Graham family Apr 22 jennyholley 2
News Man charged with murder in connection to Econo ... (Oct '13) Apr '15 jess 16
sex offender rodney rumph (Dec '12) Mar '15 yeabuddy 3
News Air Force base debates 'blessed day' greeting Mar '15 Godisreal 1
anyone wants a bj Mar '15 Nerd_Sax 1
News Eddie Wiggins car dealership closes in Warner R... (Jan '09) Mar '15 Kyle 10
More from around the web

Fort Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]