Cut offs of food stamps and sooner ...
pappy

Mabank, TX

#42 Jun 27, 2011
DAVE, it is a well known fact that the troops and their families are on different govrment programs to survive from month to month. What did you think a soldier made each month? For the hours they put in it would amount ot way less than the minimum pay. Now who can feed a family on that. Plus they are asked to put their lives on the line and they do not even make enough money to feed their families. Neith are they treated fairly.
pappy

Mabank, TX

#43 Jun 27, 2011
Now Mr. Davenport, to truly see and understand how our troops are treated after they are wooded or become mentally ill from doing battle with those we chose to call our enemy--- just google ----Disposable soldiers, then ask your self how in hell our troops get through such treatment under our goverment where as another country doing the same thing to their troops would be censored for causing such inhumane treatment to our fellow troops. The people in charge of our troops discharge people every day on an article callled 5-13, claiming they have a personality diosorder. Results they are not elgible for veterans benefits. Whickh saves the goverment billions of dollars for their treatment and benefits. As of now over 22,000 troops have been discharged under thsoe circumstances--no veterans medical benefits or retirement benefits even though they have earned them the hard way, in battle.
pappy

Mabank, TX

#44 Jun 27, 2011
MR. Davenport, if you are really interested in such , just see if you can google the story iwritten in THE NATION, published APRIL 2010. tHIS STORY CHRONICLES THE HAPPENINGS TO A SOLDIER AND WHAT OUR GOVERMENT DOES TO THOSE WHO GET INJURIED IN BATTLE. tHEY GET THE GITMO TREATMENT. The articles name is Disposible soldiers--read it and become a little more in fromed aabout the treatment of our troops. Or try googling Sargent Chuck Luther.
concerned for my children

Stillwater, OK

#45 Sep 12, 2013
I am a single mom of three kids and I don't focus on what Obama and the government is doing...This morning I am asked if I knew about soonercare going away...of course I did not and this really does put me into a rage! How am I supposed to feed and take care of my children if I have to pay for medical dental and vision for my children? I don't make much in eh way of wages. my job does provide insurance but I would have to pay a large amount for me and my three kids...that would take away from food, clothes, roof and transportation to work for that income and insurance. Why are they taking away from those of us who do try to make ends meet? I mean yes I can understand making those who take advantage of the system start looking for some sort of income to help themselves out but what able those of us who do not take advantage? why punish us? I do not understand?????
JBJ

United States

#46 Sep 12, 2013
If you can't afford to care for your children yourself, you should not have had them in the first place. Why are YOU punishing everyone else by making them pay to feed your children?
little horn

Sulphur, OK

#47 Sep 12, 2013
Many systems are healthier than Capitalism.

Everyone deserves the basics and the world is able to provide that to each and every living person on this planet. The only reason it doesn't is a reflection of our collective, unconscious "age" on this planet. Which is around that of a toddler. Except our toys are weapons that could destroy our entire civilization, if you want to call it that.

If you are raised in a reality-tunnel that favors one system over another, you will be biased toward it until something stronger imprints on your brain.

Stand back from all of it and take a fresh look with objective eyes.

Everyone talking about other people, they are you, and you them. Their children are yours, and yours are theirs. And it is all you. When you look at it this way, that every eye you gaze upon is a reflection of your own needs, how can you do harm or not give all?

When you look into the mirror, do you think that you are a body? That you are your mind? That you are a physical object? Bwahahahaha........ Maya. Even these dark squiggles on a bright square in a room, or on a small rectangle in your hand, it is all illusion.......
Ittakes2

Broken Bow, OK

#48 Sep 12, 2013
I work and pay taxes and so did all my family. Ive been a single mom and its no fun. Especially when men think if they pay childsupport they are giving money to a woman to spend on her. Thats how shallow minded men are. Even with child support and a full time job most single woman still cant afford to make ends meet. Im know married and have kids plus my husbands from a previous marriage I raise. We both have jobs and still its hard to get by. Childsupport want make there mother pay anything. Theres no way we can afford insurance on all of us. We bearly pay bills and feed them.
If the government can help other countries and let illegals in our country tax free they can and should help US citizens. Its the low life single men and women that have no kids and can work but dont they need to cut off. Or the ones that lay up on there butts selling drugs and recieving food stamps to sale for more drugs that need to be cut off. Not the working single mothers, fathers, or couples that are at least trying to support there familys. That do pay taxes so should get help. So JBJ go be president and fix the economy instead of knocking a woman about not being able to care for her kids. Not all people are looking for a hand out just a hand up.
Kapitalism Kills Klowns

Sulphur, OK

#49 Sep 12, 2013
SoonerCare isn't going anywhere.
Why spread rumors?

SoonerCare Traditional
SoonerCare Supplemental
SoonerCare Health Management Program
SoonerCare Choice

All of these programs are currently accepting applications.

The only thing that is changing right now, that I am aware of, has to do with Federal Regulations on Food Benefits.

If someone knows anything about Oklahoma's Medicaid Program changing or being discontinued, it hasn't been brought to my attention. I'm disabled and do not qualify for Medicare so I am on Medicaid. In Oklahoma, it means that I am enrolled in SoonerCare Choice. They don't pay for everything, there is a co-pay and you must go to their providers who take Medicaid. But it helps a lot.

I know it's trendy to make fun of people who are less fortunate or have had less success than others, but a lot of us don't feel guilty or ashamed or entitled or any of those things. Speaking for myself, I'm not lazy or on drugs or irresponsible. I simply got sick and didn't have much support other then myself, couldn't survive, had to do something. The stigma involved is upsetting and just adds stress when someone who has never lived like I do suddenly has an unexpected life change and is forced to live a life like I do. In poverty. Dangerous environment. Not knowing what one day to the next is going to be like. I sometimes feel guilty that I can't contribute as much as I would like to my child in another state. People get angry when they find out I am not required by law to pay child support because I am disabled with special circumstances. But I still manage to help. I've gone a whole month with hardly anything for myself just to send a few hundred dollars to my child. It isn't much, but it's all I can do. You never know how your life is going to turn out, sometimes when you least expect it, you end up in a hard place. You do what you can and must do to survive. If that's not honorable enough for society, well, then society can kiss my ass. If my child grows up and gets brainwashed by society into thinking that their Father was not good enough to provide, that is not a reflection on me. It's a reflection on all of us. Find your place. Speak the truth.
JBJ

United States

#50 Sep 13, 2013
Ittakes2:

Again, if you can't afford to take care of your children you shouldn't have had them in the first place. YOUR choice to get knocked up was just that: YOUR CHOICE, not the taxpayers.

You can whine all you want about how men are not paying for their kids, but IT TAKES TWO (see the irony in that) to make a baby. Maybe you should have been smart enough to find a partner that wouldn't leave? And maybe you shouldn't have hooked up with a person that brought even MORE children into that situation. Maybe, just maybe, you should NOT have had more children than you could afford to care for yourself. I believe they call that preparing for the worst, and all people with common sense do it.

Take responsibility. I'm delighted you pay taxes, but whining about illegals doesn't entitle you to more welfare. YOUR problem is the result of YOUR poor planning, and the taxes you sing about paying don't even begin to fix the mess YOU have created in YOUR situation.

Instead of telling someone on a forum (that ISN'T on welfare, btw) to "go be president" maybe you should clean up YOUR mess and get YOUR own shit together? Just a thought.

“Nothing Is Free In This World”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#51 Sep 13, 2013
Folks,

Pappy blames everything on Republicans, even when proof to the contrary slaps him in the face.

No sense in arguing with a "liberal drone", like Pappy.

He just wants a free ride on someone else's back, instead of humping the load himself.

Quite frankly, it makes me sick to my stomach, how brainwashed a human can become.

CBR

Location hidden

#52 Sep 13, 2013
little horn wrote:
Many systems are healthier than Capitalism.
Everyone deserves the basics and the world is able to provide that to each and every living person on this planet. The only reason it doesn't is a reflection of our collective, unconscious "age" on this planet. Which is around that of a toddler. Except our toys are weapons that could destroy our entire civilization, if you want to call it that.
If you are raised in a reality-tunnel that favors one system over another, you will be biased toward it until something stronger imprints on your brain.
Stand back from all of it and take a fresh look with objective eyes.
Everyone talking about other people, they are you, and you them. Their children are yours, and yours are theirs. And it is all you. When you look at it this way, that every eye you gaze upon is a reflection of your own needs, how can you do harm or not give all?
When you look into the mirror, do you think that you are a body? That you are your mind? That you are a physical object? Bwahahahaha........ Maya. Even these dark squiggles on a bright square in a room, or on a small rectangle in your hand, it is all illusion.......
You are correct, you deserve it if you work for it.

You apparently don't pay taxes every year? If you did, you would understand my point.

At what point in your life do you expect me to care for you? This is a reciprocal statement.

I don't fancy the thought of supporting complete and total strangers. However; your attitude reflects our society, to hell with making your own wealth, family, home, community, or city. You expect the government to do it for you. Of course, this all gets paid by people like me, who actually work.

So, in summary, you deserve, to which; you're willing to work. Instead of the government fleecing me every payday, to make your way.

CBR

Location hidden

#53 Sep 13, 2013
concerned for my children wrote:
I am a single mom of three kids and I don't focus on what Obama and the government is doing...This morning I am asked if I knew about soonercare going away...of course I did not and this really does put me into a rage! How am I supposed to feed and take care of my children if I have to pay for medical dental and vision for my children? I don't make much in eh way of wages. my job does provide insurance but I would have to pay a large amount for me and my three kids...that would take away from food, clothes, roof and transportation to work for that income and insurance. Why are they taking away from those of us who do try to make ends meet? I mean yes I can understand making those who take advantage of the system start looking for some sort of income to help themselves out but what able those of us who do not take advantage? why punish us? I do not understand?????
If there was no Sooner Care, would you have a different attitude?

Do you feel like I should take care of you and your family, when I have a family of my own? Because, if you think I should, you will never understand the social dynamics, which led to this point.

Do your personal choices have anything to do with your economic condition? When does each persons ability to plan their life, become an issue in this debate?

You may think Soonercare, Medicare, Welfare and the host of other entitlement programs are free, however; someone is paying for it, namely the guy swinging a hammer, trying to plan his life right. However; the government keeps taking more from him, to pay for entitlement programs.........

CBR
Kapitalism Kills Klowns

Sulphur, OK

#54 Sep 13, 2013
ConfusedByRhetoric wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, you deserve it if you work for it.
You apparently don't pay taxes every year? If you did, you would understand my point.
At what point in your life do you expect me to care for you? This is a reciprocal statement.
I don't fancy the thought of supporting complete and total strangers. However; your attitude reflects our society, to hell with making your own wealth, family, home, community, or city. You expect the government to do it for you. Of course, this all gets paid by people like me, who actually work.
So, in summary, you deserve, to which; you're willing to work. Instead of the government fleecing me every payday, to make your way.
CBR
We are all one consciousness.
This separation is an illusion.

I have a friend who sits and can only move his eyes and some parts of his mouth and chin. He has been this way for decades now. He cannot perform a task for meaningful income. According to your thoughts, he doesn't deserve anything at all.

I have another friend who is mentally ill. She cannot be in social situations or drive. She tried to work all of her life and wasn't successful. According to your thoughts, she doesn't deserve anything at all.

Both of these people are you and also me too.
We are all on consciousness. Don't get lost in sense and appearances. As you go into deep sleep, once you are conscious again, do you remember anything at all? No. When you are dreaming, do you know that you are dreaming? No. Not until you wake up. Then you realize that all of those experiences were inside your consciousness. But when you wake up, you are just waking up into this present dream, right now, reading this. You and I are dreaming together. The next time we wake up from this "waking state" is a glimpse of the absolute. If you work hard to wake up from that glimpse and experience the enormity of the absolute reality, then you begin to understand the Universal Mind. It isn't really a mind, but whatever it is, it's behind all of these appearances we toil over every day and night. They're all illusions and we create them continually. It's a choice.

Who or what is the presence that is reading this right this very moment?

Is it you? Are you a body or a mind? Heh.
jessica

Muskogee, OK

#55 Sep 14, 2013
JBJ wrote:
If you can't afford to care for your children yourself, you should not have had them in the first place. Why are YOU punishing everyone else by making them pay to feed your children?
You don't even know her whole story,., her husband may have left her or she had a boyfriend that promised he would be there, and in most states if your not at least 21 and have three kids they won't even let you get fixed and birth cotrol does not even always work like they try to make it out.
jessica

Muskogee, OK

#56 Sep 14, 2013
im fortunate enough that I'm a tribal member, and me and my children get medical through our tribe, what i don't understand is why, its so wrong for others to help others, its like ur a lowlife if you receive help.TRibes all across the country help their tribal members wether is with commodities, medical, housing and schooling, And any one who accually has a job pays taxes. So why can't anyone with job get a little help if they need it. So why can non tribal members not get help from their sources.
Sunrise

United States

#57 Sep 14, 2013
jessica wrote:
im fortunate enough that I'm a tribal member, and me and my children get medical through our tribe, what i don't understand is why, its so wrong for others to help others, its like ur a lowlife if you receive help.TRibes all across the country help their tribal members wether is with commodities, medical, housing and schooling, And any one who accually has a job pays taxes. So why can't anyone with job get a little help if they need it. So why can non tribal members not get help from their sources.
It boils down to choices. I'll give you an example. A person's income is only sufficient to pay all the bills including groceries and a common cell phone and allow the person to put back a few dollars for emergencies. The person gets the urge for a fancy cell phone but the service fee will be 4 times what the common cell phone costs and will take all of the emergency funds. What decision does the person make. All the friends have that fancy cell phone. They are also receiving all kinds of government benefits. Do you get the cell phone and let the government pay for medical care for your children, help out with the groceries and rent? Or do you do the noble thing and pay your own way?
Sunrise

United States

#58 Sep 14, 2013
jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know her whole story,., her husband may have left her or she had a boyfriend that promised he would be there, and in most states if your not at least 21 and have three kids they won't even let you get fixed and birth cotrol does not even always work like they try to make it out.
Choices, choices. Her husband may have left her or she had a boyfriend that promised he would be there? The moral decay of this nation is astounding. Babies are created by having sex. One sure way of birth control is not have sex.
Sunrise

United States

#59 Sep 14, 2013
Kapitalism Kills Klowns wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all one consciousness.
This separation is an illusion.
I have a friend who sits and can only move his eyes and some parts of his mouth and chin. He has been this way for decades now. He cannot perform a task for meaningful income. According to your thoughts, he doesn't deserve anything at all.
I have another friend who is mentally ill. She cannot be in social situations or drive. She tried to work all of her life and wasn't successful. According to your thoughts, she doesn't deserve anything at all.
Both of these people are you and also me too.
We are all on consciousness. Don't get lost in sense and appearances. As you go into deep sleep, once you are conscious again, do you remember anything at all? No. When you are dreaming, do you know that you are dreaming? No. Not until you wake up. Then you realize that all of those experiences were inside your consciousness. But when you wake up, you are just waking up into this present dream, right now, reading this. You and I are dreaming together. The next time we wake up from this "waking state" is a glimpse of the absolute. If you work hard to wake up from that glimpse and experience the enormity of the absolute reality, then you begin to understand the Universal Mind. It isn't really a mind, but whatever it is, it's behind all of these appearances we toil over every day and night. They're all illusions and we create them continually. It's a choice.
Who or what is the presence that is reading this right this very moment?
Is it you? Are you a body or a mind? Heh.
I don't really comprehend all of your rambling. I do not know of anyone that would not want to deny government benefits to people who are unable to help themselves. The problem is the millions that are able to earn their own way but they live off the government and teach their children how to do the same so we now have several generations of the same families that taxpayers are supporting mostly because they have children they will not support. Read the two posts above from Jessica. Jessica admits that she gets help from tribal funds. Do you see any indication in her posts that would lead you to believe that Jessica cannot earn her own living? Those are the abuses that some of us do not agree with.

Location hidden

#60 Sep 14, 2013
jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people don't mind helping others, however; when you go to work and only realize 40%- 45% of your income it is very frustrating.

Government has no problem maintaining or implementing social programs, however; the programs are funded by taxpayers, who are a minority, by the way. Quite frankly, I am sick and tired of busting my ass and receiving less than half of my wages, when a large majority of people receiving government assistance are able to work, although; they choose not to work.

Furthermore, if she has three kids, she obviously understands, how kids are conceived and she should know what is required of a parent, in terms or raising children. In my opinion, it is pretty selfish of a parent to have children, when he or she knows they can't care for the child. Does that make sense? I refrained from having children until I was in my thirties, because I understood, what it was like to be poor and knew what raising a child meant. I personally wasn't ready for children, until I was in my thirties. So, what is really at play in this debate a person that needs government assistance or a person that forced themselves into poverty and government assistance?

You want the get to the root of the problem, people are selfish and make bad, if not, horrible life decisions. They know, they cannot care for a child, yet; they choose to have a child or choose to enjoy themselves and have children "accidentally" 3 or 4 times. However; there are no consequences, either their parents raise the child or they rely on Welfare.

Then they bitch and whine about not making enough money, when they should have been in college or trades school, instead of having children at 16 or 18 years of age. Sorry, if your skills are basic job skills, which is what Wal-Mart and Taco Bell requires, don't be surprised when you make minimum wage and can't afford insurance, vehicles or homes. However, most people know that and choose to take the easy route and jump on Welfare and stay on Welfare, instead of busting their ass to get an education, which, increases their earning potential to pull themselves from poverty and Welfare..

Hell no, it is easier to piss and moan about the system and how it has treated a person unfairly, when nothing has been contributed by the recipient, which is, the person with three kids on Welfare.

Nobody ever pisses and moans about the working man, who busted his / her ass, learned a marketable skill and makes a decent living for their family. When they want a new house, they must save for 10 years, because the government is taking half their paycheck.

Am I am supposed to feel sorry for the person who made bad choices?

What about the family, who has plenty but needs more, is it their obligation to raise other peoples children? When they have wants of their own?

In summary, who has ultimate responsibility for your life, children and well - being? You, Government or Complete Strangers?

You don't want the government or complete strangers busting your door down every week for no reason, however; you don't mind them supporting you and your family for a lifetime.

Ironic, very ironic..........

CBR

Ittakes2

Broken Bow, OK

#61 Sep 14, 2013
JBJ wrote:
Ittakes2:
Again, if you can't afford to take care of your children you shouldn't have had them in the first place. YOUR choice to get knocked up was just that: YOUR CHOICE, not the taxpayers.
You can whine all you want about how men are not paying for their kids, but IT TAKES TWO (see the irony in that) to make a baby. Maybe you should have been smart enough to find a partner that wouldn't leave? And maybe you shouldn't have hooked up with a person that brought even MORE children into that situation. Maybe, just maybe, you should NOT have had more children than you could afford to care for yourself. I believe they call that preparing for the worst, and all people with common sense do it.
Take responsibility. I'm delighted you pay taxes, but whining about illegals doesn't entitle you to more welfare. YOUR problem is the result of YOUR poor planning, and the taxes you sing about paying don't even begin to fix the mess YOU have created in YOUR situation.
Instead of telling someone on a forum (that ISN'T on welfare, btw) to "go be president" maybe you should clean up YOUR mess and get YOUR own shit together? Just a thought.
Thank You I am taking care of My children and Im not on welfare. I have a degree. I think you should go screw yourself. I do pay taxes and so does my husband who has a full time job. So i guess since i pay taxes i should be entitled to help with insurance for my kids. There are people who do work and earn there way or at least try.
I guess if i could have forscene the future with my 1st husband and new he would do what he did then guess I wouldnt have had a child by him. As for my step kids at least my husband was man enuff to be a daddy and take care of his kids. Not let them be wards of the state. I hope your perfect well planned life is always perfect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Towson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gustav Is Gone Thu My Thoughts Are W... 2
Black preachers Nov 14 Make America Gooe... 9
Looking for reasonable apt. or room in Hugo, OK Nov 14 Meme 1
Get​ some Nov 12 Just dope 4
Sheriff Deptardment Nov 11 classmate72 14
Who is that Jack Steinberg Nov 8 Max trill 1
Jesica Bickerstaff Gordos Woman (Feb '17) Sep '17 Joemamamad 2

Fort Towson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance