Cut offs of food stamps and sooner care are happening now

Posted in the Fort Towson Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
pappy

Dallas, TX

#1 Feb 26, 2011
Well folks it seems the state legislators think some of you folks are making to much money and are slicing and dicing your medicaid and food stamps that you recieive. Yes the state of Oklahoma is cutting food stamps or cutting people complae off and al;so cutting kids off of medicaid. Letters have already been recieved by some people notifing them of cutoffs and reductions in benefits. Those REPUBLICANS ARE REAL FAST AT CUTITING THE BENFITS OF THE POOR BUT REAL FAST AT GIVNG TAX BREAKS AND BENEFITS TO THE RICH AND THE PRIVILEGED. JUST ASK YOUR OKLAHOMA TAX COMMISION ABOUT THE TAX MONEY GIVEAWAY TO THE RICH OR GO TO PROWLINGOWL.COM AND SEE FOR YOURSELF WHERE YOUR STATE TAX DOLLAR IS GOING--TO THE RICH OF COURSE. DO i HAVE ANY RESPONSSE ON THIS ITEM OF NEWS? HAVE YOU BEEN CUT OFF FROM YOUR FOOD STAMPS AND MEDICAID FOR YOUR KIDS.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#2 Feb 26, 2011
nOW THAT IS WHAT i CALL GREEDY WHEN A STATE TAKES AWAY FROM THE NEEDY IIN FOOD AND MECIAL CARE AND STILL GIVES TO THE RICH THOSE TAX BREAKS. big -RICH AND GREEDY. THAT IS THE REPUBLICNA WAY: GIVE TO THE RICH AND TAKE FROM THE POOR.
concerned

United States

#3 Feb 28, 2011
Is this true? I'm not a recipient but this concerns me.
pappy

Mabank, TX

#4 Feb 28, 2011
Notices started coming out of the capital and were being recieved by saturday. the notices notified people of low income working in such jobs as slinging ham burgers and working for Wal Mart that they no longer were elegible for foood stamps or sooner care. Now the state is also taking away from the kids and giving the benefits of low taxes to no taxes to the rich and the richer. You would think in this time of telling the por and the have nots they have to sacrifice so the rich can have thiir benefits, low taxes, they would be told they have to also sacrifice with the low wage earners that serve the people in low paying jobs. but as of yet I have heard of no rich or the privileged ask to sacrifice. When will the working class stand up for thier roights as they have done in EGYPT WHEN FOOD BECAME TO EXPENSIVE TO FEED THIER FAMILIES ON THE LOW WAGES OF $2.00 A DAY. THEY FINALLY SAID NO MORE. WHEN WILL THE WORKING CLASS STAND UP AS THEY HAVE DONE IN EARLIER DAYS? AFTER ALL IT IS YOUR LABOR THAT KEEEPS THE RICH ,RICH.
Salt n light

Moncure, NC

#6 Mar 14, 2011
Huh....almost sounds like this particular instance favors those who work hard to help themselves and doesn't reward the ones who prefer not to.....and it wouldn't punish the taxpayers .....Who pay the highest taxes..
Don't get me wrong....if someone is injured and can't work....help em out
If someone is mentally incompetent....help em out....
If someone is able to help themselves and get educated and compete.....let em compete just like everybody else has to.....
pappy

United States

#7 Mar 15, 2011
SALTY, just ask a few of the Wally World emplouees who work every week but do not make enough to pay the utilities, the rent , and the rest of the bills but depends on the food stamp program to help them make it through the month and put a few groceries on the table. Alot of the people in our country have an education and has no job--Remember bush and the crash of wall street and the welfare they got with tax payer money. To big to go broke they claimed but paid out millions in bonusues with our tax dollars. Did not hear to loud of an objection there. And how about the Oklahoma tax commision who for years has been feeding a hungry apetite for the rich oin tax givewys in the millions and millionsof dolllars--no complaints there are there. Coprporate welfare seems to just keep on growing, fact is Bank of America paid no taxes in 2009, Gepaid np taxes and got back a tax return of over 150 mill or so. --the wealthy and corporations have `17 ooo pages of tax cuts and benifits in those pages just wrote for them. Corporate welfare pays welll these days.
pappy

United States

#8 Mar 15, 2011
Salty hear a kid got beat up by the principle in the swink schoool and he had to be care flighted to OKC for medical care. Hear anything about the incident. Seems the principle I hear beat the kid up. Are the kids in Swink just grade 1 through 8th grage there a little to young to be whipped up on in shcool by the principle. That must have been a doozy of a one way figh if I have heard info right.Did this fight actually happen betwen a middle schooler and the principle?
rivermoon

United States

#9 Apr 16, 2011
You'll guess my age by this-
In 1972, I went to the grocery store. In the meat market was a poster sign that read-NO MEAT AVAILABLE FOR SALE IN THIS GROCERY STORE, SORRY
Well, that was sorry. So, I took my little boy by the hand and went home. I returned less than an hour later with half of the ladies living on my block. We had our own signs made up, on cardboard written in black shoe polish-
"WE'RE NOT LEAVIN' TIL WE GET EVEN!"
Before another hour had passed, there was no room in the parking lot with angry mothers, fathers and cashiers sitting on the hoods of their cars. Another hour passed and, like a miracle, the store had more meat than they could possibly sell fast enough!!
Sometimes, MIGHT MAKES RIGHT!! Thank you
bunch a bull

United States

#10 Apr 26, 2011
they better not take my food stamps, because i'm entitled to them!Just because some of us is a little lazy,does'nt give them the right to cut our benefits.I voted for that dumba$$ president of ours so we could get more free$hit and now their taking stuff away from us.I totally understand that if they dont cut the corporations a little slack they will move their business overseas and that would mean less jobs for working people. And this would mean less taxes payed in for me to draw my check on and more people taking money out of the kitty put back for people like me.So why dont they just print more money and help us all out rich and lazy? Just because the country is broke does'nt mean the country has to quit spending,we are so far in debt now our lenders cant quit on us now.If they cut my benefits I may have to swipe all the copper out of all the state offices just to make ends meet around here!It is not fair they pick on us poor poor people.Spread the wealth.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#11 Apr 26, 2011
Bull, thats the republicans your talking about--sure you did not vote for them by mistake because the Dems lost in the previous election. looks like you have been sleeping under that tree to long and woke up to late.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#12 Apr 26, 2011
Bull, you know the republ;icans do not spread the wealth. they gather it up in one tosack.
papa

AOL

#13 Apr 29, 2011
pappy wrote:
Bull, thats the republicans your talking about--sure you did not vote for them by mistake because the Dems lost in the previous election. looks like you have been sleeping under that tree to long and woke up to late.
Dear pappy,the only tree I slept under was the democratic tree,all of my life.It takes a open minded person to wake up and get out from under that tree.Rich I am not,I just happen to be able to see the big picture now,unlike when I was caught up in the democrats way of thinking.Your party has changed in a bad way over the course of the years past.I'm not saying the gop is perfect by no means,however they do tend to have the good of the country in mind more so than the liberals.If your wonderful pres had his way he would run this country so far in the ground it would take decades to overcome his disastrous leadership.If you can honestly call it leadership.So if you want to remain narrow minded,an continue to believe every thing your party throws at you,feel free to do so.At least your wonderful party has not stripped you of that freedom yet!One more thing I did vote republican the last time around,and you can bet your a$$ it was not by mistake.
papa

AOL

#14 Apr 29, 2011
bunch a bull wrote:
they better not take my food stamps, because i'm entitled to them!Just because some of us is a little lazy,does'nt give them the right to cut our benefits.I voted for that dumba$$ president of ours so we could get more free$hit and now their taking stuff away from us.I totally understand that if they dont cut the corporations a little slack they will move their business overseas and that would mean less jobs for working people. And this would mean less taxes payed in for me to draw my check on and more people taking money out of the kitty put back for people like me.So why dont they just print more money and help us all out rich and lazy? Just because the country is broke does'nt mean the country has to quit spending,we are so far in debt now our lenders cant quit on us now.If they cut my benefits I may have to swipe all the copper out of all the state offices just to make ends meet around here!It is not fair they pick on us poor poor people.Spread the wealth.
Most likely the big corporations will continue to move to south america.Thanks to another great democrat (Bill Clinton),and NAFTA!
becca

Stillwater, OK

#15 Apr 29, 2011
it's true. even being a fulltime student doesn't cut it apparently, and no way in hell am i being knocked up just to get dental. already 13k in the hole for my schooling and now apparently I'm going to be in debt because there is no way in HELL i am giving up dental. HELL NO. and obama care is a joke, why with all the money the gov't gave up from the tax cuts they could take care of everyone and not just cut them off the list. thanks alot rep. I knew i went the right way when i went democrats!! not repooplicans!
becca

Stillwater, OK

#16 Apr 29, 2011
and buncha bull thanks for making ALL of our asses look like lazy asses, because i am NOT one of you. and fyi IT ISN'T FREE. the middle class is paying for your laziness.
LOLOLOLOLOL

Springfield, MA

#17 Apr 29, 2011
pappy wrote:
Well folks it seems the state legislators think some of you folks are making to much money and are slicing and dicing your medicaid and food stamps that you recieive. Yes the state of Oklahoma is cutting food stamps or cutting people complae off and al;so cutting kids off of medicaid. Letters have already been recieved by some people notifing them of cutoffs and reductions in benefits. Those REPUBLICANS ARE REAL FAST AT CUTITING THE BENFITS OF THE POOR BUT REAL FAST AT GIVNG TAX BREAKS AND BENEFITS TO THE RICH AND THE PRIVILEGED. JUST ASK YOUR OKLAHOMA TAX COMMISION ABOUT THE TAX MONEY GIVEAWAY TO THE RICH OR GO TO PROWLINGOWL.COM AND SEE FOR YOURSELF WHERE YOUR STATE TAX DOLLAR IS GOING--TO THE RICH OF COURSE. DO i HAVE ANY RESPONSSE ON THIS ITEM OF NEWS? HAVE YOU BEEN CUT OFF FROM YOUR FOOD STAMPS AND MEDICAID FOR YOUR KIDS.
GET A JOB, IF THE ONE YOU HAVE ISNT ENOUGH GET ANOTHER WHAT DO YOU THINK EVERYONE ELSE DOES SRY IF THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF BY SO MANY WHICH MAKES IT BAD FOR THE ONES THE REAllY DO, BUT I FIND IT ODD WHEN THESES PEOPLE DO GET CUT OFF THEY SEEM TO FIND A JOB LOLOLOLOL AND WHEN I HEAR PEOPLE BITCHING ABOUT THE RICH JUST MEANS YOUR LAZY AND YOU WANT OTHERS TO PAY FOR YA. AND MOST OF YOU DONT EVEN PAY TAXES, OR ALOT AT THAT YOU GET A RETURN DONT YA LOLOLOLOLOLOL
becca

Stillwater, OK

#18 Apr 29, 2011
lololol you need help if you think ALL of us can get a job. yes the rich is the default excuse. you go and try to get a job even at your local mcdonalds in oklahoma. ITS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE. I know for a fact because of the MANY APPLICATIONS I HAVE IN!!! the jobs that are out there are limited to the high schoolers that work for cheap and the people that really need it. oklahoma is the least hit but owell. it doesn't make a difference. there aren't any jobs out there. I have been saying for years that those on insurance and foodstamps NEED A DRUG TEST. they just have to impliment that and OVER HALF OF THE LOSERS WILL BE GONE
LOLOLOLOLOL

Springfield, MA

#19 Apr 29, 2011
becca wrote:
lololol you need help if you think ALL of us can get a job. yes the rich is the default excuse. you go and try to get a job even at your local mcdonalds in oklahoma. ITS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE. I know for a fact because of the MANY APPLICATIONS I HAVE IN!!! the jobs that are out there are limited to the high schoolers that work for cheap and the people that really need it. oklahoma is the least hit but owell. it doesn't make a difference. there aren't any jobs out there. I have been saying for years that those on insurance and foodstamps NEED A DRUG TEST. they just have to impliment that and OVER HALF OF THE LOSERS WILL BE GONE
I AGREE, it is unfortunate that it has to come to things like this from the people who have been living of the system and now that times are tuff and the people who really need the help cant get it, and i do feel bad for those people. But one good thing finally in my state we are going to drug test people and hopefully it will pass because it is a hard thing to fight and say that its wrong to do esp[ when taxpayer flip the bill, because when you get a job you need to drug test i feel the same for people who need a helping hand.
pappy

Arlington, TX

#20 Apr 29, 2011
LOL, so the republicans are not to blame, as for the nafta bill if you read it and see who wrote the trade bill it is written to favor the industrial base we used to have in this country that offshored their industries. In fact it was written so favorably for the corporations they had an import tax put on us and no export tax put on the companies that exported their products to our country. And the same happend to the other trade bills wrote up for China we py a huge imort tax on us and next to nothing on China. The same happens with any trade bill that is written for other countries we have trade billls with. There is no such thing as free trade for our country. And guess where the writters of those trade bills went to work for-- the very corporations that benefits from such favorable trade billls written with them in mind so no competition comes from our countries exports-- or competition from inside our country. Like health care-- we have no control over the price of our health care policies as to the price. Got a friend he has a high deductible and high cost of 1300 dollars per month. And that was the only policy he could get. That cost does not include the co-pay .And that policy is for hospitalization only.
pappy

Arlington, TX

#21 Apr 29, 2011
As for unemployeement, it was 9.2 percent when Bush left office in January of 2009. And we had already lost many millions of jobs and thousands of manufacturers offshoring. Did you know that 700 to 800 american citizens give up their american citizenship and go to a tax haven to take out citizenship. then they pay no american taxes. then they offoshore their business and to avoid taxes. These people I call tax avoiders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Towson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tanner Armstrong 5 hr none ya 1
Nyssa Matchen (Apr '16) 5 hr none ya business 5
Soper made television news AGAIN Wed observer of stats 1
The fall of TRUMP Wed Scott 38
Dustin Williston (Aug '14) Aug 12 realy concerned 12
Sheriffs. In Ft Towson last week Jul '17 Indian school 5
Jesica Bickerstaff Gordos Woman (Feb '17) Feb '17 Mystery Man 0 1

Fort Towson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance