First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fed up

Chesterfield, MO

#1 Jun 18, 2011
when i first came to ft.towson 4yrs ago my water bill stayed around 75 dollars. in the past 7 or so months it has been double that. keep in mind the usage is the same. thats just how much our rates have been jacked up! several months my water bill
fed up

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Jun 18, 2011
several months including this one my water bill has been twice the amount of my electric bill! to me that is just insane! what can we do about this? i am thinking about relocating.
Anonymous

United States

#3 Jun 19, 2011
Maybe the residents of Fort Towson should all sign a petition or something! Im with u on this! Our water bill has been outrageous!
fed up

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Jun 19, 2011
we are all gonna have to stand together on this. i work in hugo and people i work with talk about their bill being high at sixty dollars! i have to laugh at them. they are shocked when i tell them what mine is
fed up

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Jun 19, 2011
we are looking for a house to buy but we will not even consider one on ft. towson water. isnt that a shame? when water rates are so high that it has an impact on where you purchase a home?supposedly our bill is high due to fines from DEQ.
fed up

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Jun 19, 2011
we are paying for mistakes our city government made over a period of time. just goes to show you what kind of non professional people we have had in office thru the years. it didnt happen over night.
Higher Water Bill

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Jun 19, 2011
We are also paying for a HUGE raise for the city clerk. And if you go to the council meetings, they make a joke of the fines DEQ has assessed - just like the city clerk did at the homecoming assembly at the gym.
fed up

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Jun 19, 2011
i sure dont find it amusing when i get my bill each month. will it do any good to contact our state reps on this? isnt the city regulated in some way as to how high they can jack our rates up?
Anonymous

United States

#9 Jun 19, 2011
We all need to take a stand! We need to do something! Let me know! Im in and know several others!
fed up

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Jun 19, 2011
when are the town council meetings? we should have never let it go so far. i guess first off we need to contact state reps and congressmen. we also need to fill up city hall at each and every meeting. have you seen the new caterpillar backhoe ?
fed up

Chesterfield, MO

#11 Jun 19, 2011
not to mention the new john deere tractor? yet city is broke? too bad we all cant drill water wells! a well would pay for itselfd in one year. what does the city have to do that can keep 3 men plus jimmy brandon busy for 40 hours a week?
fed up

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Jun 19, 2011
they dont even pick up our trash.
Higher Water Bill

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Jun 19, 2011
I believe the next meeting is July 7.
fed up

Chesterfield, MO

#14 Jun 19, 2011
the whole town needs to show up. fill city hall. if we keep taking it they will keep on dishing it out. i thought rodney wren was moving? been hearing that for at least two years. just who all is on council these days? i know jon loar jerry kitterman
fed up

Chesterfield, MO

#15 Jun 19, 2011
ray noble and i heard tammy neese? how did she get on and when did that happen? nothimg against her. just wondered
sawyer

Hugo, OK

#16 Jun 19, 2011
fed up wrote:
ray noble and i heard tammy neese? how did she get on and when did that happen? nothimg against her. just wondered
NEESE no longer on board she moved to idabel.
sstg-watch

United States

#17 Jun 20, 2011
we are paying for or water 2 times what we use that 4800 gallons,, is charged to sewer use,most cities don`t do that it`s called ,GRAY WATER,, the water that does`nt have to go into the sewer system can be reused ,to water plants and and can be used safely, and, if you don`t live in fort towson go home were ever that is and when you are driving or street`s turn down your music please that thumping does not impress any one ,,,,,,
liquid gold

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Jun 21, 2011
we have to do something! we cant even have a garden. the ft. towson "liquid gold" is too costly to water our plants. it's cheaper to go to the fruit stand to buy fresh veggies
AGREE

Waurika, OK

#19 Jun 21, 2011
Agree
pappy

Dallas, TX

#20 Jul 10, 2011
You folks are the ones responsible for what is happening to yourselves. You folks done the electing and never checked on the books or took an interest in what was happening in your own town. Its to late to complain now--you can just gripe alot about the situation. Have fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Towson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chase Covington of Hugo.OK 1 hr Stacy 1
Terry Park and Amy Cox 3 hr oldtimer 4
My Mustache Smells Like A Hospital 4 hr Bearded clam 2
Roger Nash Thu blood in the sink 3
fell down the rabbit hole again Thu blood in the sink 7
monarch programming in longview texas Thu blood in the sink 1
married to Wed Nobody 2
Fort Towson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web