Ft. Towson Motorcyclist Killed Overni...

Ft. Towson Motorcyclist Killed Overnight Sunday

There are 13 comments on the News9 Oklahoma City story from Jun 12, 2011, titled Ft. Towson Motorcyclist Killed Overnight Sunday. In it, News9 Oklahoma City reports that:

A Ft. Towson man lost his life in a motorcycle wreck just before 1 a.m. Sunday on U.S. Highway 70.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News9 Oklahoma City.

Frogville_reside nt

Hugo, OK

#1 Jun 12, 2011
It was Chris Riggs. He lived in Frogville for the past 7 yrs. He had been very upset that his best friend David Carter died of double pneumonia and he was a pall bearer yesterday in the funeral but Chris got so upset that he had to leave the funeral.. he started drinking and someone saw him and offered him a ride home late last night but he refused the help and got on someone's motorcycle and didn't make it far from the bar he was at and then he wrecked. It threw him about 60 feet. Please be in prayer for his wife Malinds, family and friends..
Frogville_reside nt

Hugo, OK

#2 Jun 12, 2011
Excuse me, the spelling of wife's name is Melinda.
friend of the family

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Jun 12, 2011
does anyone know whose motorcycle he was on? it wasnt very smart to let someone that had been drinking take off on it. seems to me they should be held somewhat accountable.
Frogville_reside nt

Hugo, OK

#5 Jun 12, 2011
Not sure... never seen him on motorcycle before.
friend of the family

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Jun 12, 2011
chris didnt own a motorcycle.i heard someone at the bar let him take off on the bike knowing he had been drinking. very irresponsible on their behalf if that is true they should be held partly responsible for his death.
hugo

Hugo, OK

#7 Jun 13, 2011
the name of the bike owner is David Brooks...
hugo

Hugo, OK

#8 Jun 13, 2011
David Brooks had also been drinking before he went to the bar as well as after he arrived there. Note I am not on any ones side I'm just saying. I do give my respects to the dearly departed and their family and friends. i just mainly know the name of the bikes owner as well as of him.
Frogville_reside nt

Hugo, OK

#9 Jun 13, 2011
As sad as it is to say Chris was an adult and made the desicion to get on the motorcycle, the owner whomever they may be did not force him to get on the bike. This is a tragic situation but let this be a lesson about drinking and driving.
common sense

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Jun 13, 2011
people should also use a little common sense. would you hand your car keys to someone that had been drinking so that they could take it for a spin? i wouldnt. that is a no brainer.just goes to show booze makes you lose your sense of judgement.as BOTH did
someone who knows

Hugo, OK

#11 Jun 15, 2011
Have you thought that he could've just gotten on it without even asking? Now if the person did give him the keys then they are an idiot but bottom line is Chris took his life in his own hands by drinking and driving. He was not a very responsible person and he put other peoples lives in danger by getting on that bike drunk.
common sense

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Jun 15, 2011
what idiot leaves their keys in any vehicle at a bar. so they either gave him the keys or lefft them available. and yes he did put peoples life in danger. i think he paid the ultimate price.
Froggy

United States

#13 Jun 20, 2011
friend of the family wrote:
does anyone know whose motorcycle he was on? it wasnt very smart to let someone that had been drinking take off on it. seems to me they should be held somewhat accountable.
His name is david brooks of fort towson.
someone who knows

Hugo, OK

#14 Jun 23, 2011
The kind of idiot that goes to bar all the time. He did pay the ultimate price, i'm just glad he didnt hurt anyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Towson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jake Makerney (Jul '14) 9 hr The Ghost Of Judy... 5
shaina billy (Dec '11) 9 hr That guy 40
dyllen billy (Feb '14) 10 hr That guy 3
Is Jenny really dead (Mar '17) Mon The Ghost Of Judy... 6
who is this alexis simpson chick? Oct 17 Deankmes 2
Sheriff Deptardment Oct 16 Make America Gooe... 9
Black preachers Oct 15 Make America Gooe... 3

Fort Towson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance