Wayne Turner chief?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
disgusted

Lexington, KY

#1 Dec 29, 2011
In the article, Turner said he used the SWAT team to show a strong force because, "Children were in the house." Really, he wants to use that much force because of kids. Just heard he wants to be chief of Bellevue pd. Stick to ludlow, don't want that kind of chief in B-town.
disgusted2

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Dec 29, 2011
get elected to city council. otherwise it's their decision...not yours
dumb

Lexington, KY

#3 Dec 31, 2011
Wrong. The people elect those who name the next chief. People of B-Town need to have their voices heard. Turner is a bad choice for the people of Bellevue, just ask the people of Ludlow.
Bellevue honored

Hamilton, OH

#4 Jan 1, 2012
First of all, Wayne Turner would be a fantastic addition to the City of Bellevue. Wayne has served not only in law enforcement twenty plus years, but achieved a Lt. Col. Status in the military, a master's degree, and was a lieutenant in Ft. Thomas, not to mention him being the Chief of Police in Ludlow. Any city should be proud to call him their chief and his presence will do nothing but bring the reputation of that lucky city upwards. As for what Wayne said, he said and I quote:

“Turner said the SWAT team was brought in because Stephany was a convicted felon and there were reports that he might have a gun. Turner said with that many people in the home, including children, he wanted to respond with overwhelming force to make sure the situation didn’t spiral out of control. No one was injured when at least 13 SWAT members stormed the home.”

Therefore, it was not because of children, but because the suspect might be armed and he did not want things to spiral out of control. As for a show of force, any professional knows that it is always preferred over the use of force. Many times the simple show is enough to back down suspects and resolve conflict without even having to take any other actions. Besides, what does SWAT stand for: Specialized weapons and tactics. When anybody is faced with crisis, you always want professionals there with specialized equipment and experience to assist you, don't you? There is little difference between ages of potential innocent victims; so thinking that just because kids are involved a person would handle the matter differently is not true at all. The point is that innocent victims are present, not innocent children as there is no difference between them-they are both innocent. No life is more important than another just because one happens to be younger than the other. The goal is to get all out unharmed, not just some. Whatever method Wayne chose to employ, the point is it was successful and all were released unharmed. I am glad things turned out that way and congratulations to Wayne that things did not go the other way. In other words great job Wayne! Anybody can second guess anybody, but these are serious situations where an armed assailant may be present and you might not get a second chance. Having SWAT to back you up, or even take lead is what they are there for and represents an appropriate measure. So, you knit pickers can say what you want, but he did what any professional would have done in similar circumstances as far as I am concerned. Only a pessimist would down a successful operation then claim they would have done it differently. How different can a success be done? Whatever was done has been already proven correct by the outcome. What’s the point now to down his decisions? They worked and worked well, enough said. Mr. Dumb how many more stupid posts should we endure coming from you on every topic. Besides being full of something other than opinion, what would give you the right to question him anyway? We have all heard you blabbering for months and all have to do with police. Sorry you did not make the cut and only are left with being a wannabe. But when current professionals have successes, you should at least have the dignity to acknowledge it and at least get the quote right. That is if you truly want such an opinion to count more than just more of your meaningless blabber.
above post

Somerset, KY

#5 Jan 1, 2012
Thanks for your input Tony Rouse.
Amused

Newport, KY

#6 Jan 1, 2012
above post wrote:
Thanks for your input Tony Rouse.
Actually, I believe that was Chief Cole.
Bellevue honored

Hamilton, OH

#7 Jan 2, 2012
What makes any difference whatsoever who sets the record straight? That’s just a weak attempt to divert your attention away from the lie that was told and the reason the thread was made. Something else that was eluded too was that citizens should voice their opinions regarding the hiring of the next chief. First, citizens did have a voice when they elected their mayor. Under a city form of government, the mayor is the hiring authority, not council or citizens. So the decision is the mayor's alone to make. If he has any sense, and he does, he will undoubtedly choose a professional like Wayne. I know I would and would be proud to work with a person that is as qualified as Wayne. Less you forget he is also an honest person; one of the requests that can not be overlooked. I also noticed you all glossed over the entire reason the post was made in the first place; that of Wayne using SWAT because of children when it was clearly stated a potentially armed assailant was involved. Did anybody even catch that the entire thing was bogus or even care that those words were not even spoken? Professionalism lies in details not wrongfully shaped opinions. Someone conveniently omitting what was actually said in favor of twisting words to suit an opinion makes me question what it was made for in the first place. If somebody has a legitimate gripe then so be it, but, when a distortion or fabrication is used in an attempt to sway weak minded individuals for self-serving ends, they must now question why if they truly want to get to the bottom of such a person’s intent. My opinion is that Wayne is trying to be smeared so that another may be considered for that position. Rather than that person applying and taking their chances against a worthy opponent, they smear them in hopes of gaining some kind of advantage. Now is that the kind of person you want as your chief? I don’t and I am ashamed to think that propaganda would prevail over fact, service, and education; simply because a person fears a comparative process. Also, I heard that former Chief Cole is on the selection committee and will assist in naming his replacement. So if I was former Chief Cole, and I am not, you already have my decision regarding Wayne and I am just seeing garbage here not fact. So ask yourself this: Who do you trust? A person that starts a thread, lies about a statement, then attempts to wrongfully sway people against a hard working person like Wayne as somebody you would listen to? Or would you rather make up your own mind and trust the people that are on the selection committee that have been tasked with making that decision along with a duly elected mayor. I again think you know where I stand and who I trust. Make up your own mind as to what you have seen and read here; then you should be able to traverse the avenue you need to take when considering who deserves your consideration in this matter. Wayne is a great choice for chief for all the above mentioned reasons as far as I am concerned, and I did not have to lie or try to sway anybody, just stated the facts as they are and left you to make up your own mind. So, make up your own mind.
Bellevue honored

Hamilton, OH

#8 Jan 2, 2012
You should not be disgusted, just ashamed for telling obvious lies, getting your facts wrong, and then using them to draw a pathetic conclusion that only you can understand. Why you would do such a thing is beyond me. Also, you do not speak for anybody but yourself. You are not and have not been appointed spokes person for Bellevue Kentucky, so your opinion has no impact beyond it; especially next to your obvious lie and misinterpretation of the article (Pathetic). I know this is a stupid question, but can you even read or do you ignore facts to suit your unfounded position? If not, save your opinions for when you can understand such overwhelming complex things as two paragraphs that were plainly written. You’re just being mean spirited and should be ashamed. Leave being disgusted up to us; the people that do read and understand everything, including where you are coming from and why.
disgusted wrote:
In the article, Turner said he used the SWAT team to show a strong force because, "Children were in the house." Really, he wants to use that much force because of kids. Just heard he wants to be chief of Bellevue pd. Stick to ludlow, don't want that kind of chief in B-town.
WOW

Somerset, KY

#9 Jan 2, 2012
so, not only is Tony Rose on this site all the time but also Chief Cole? Guess, they go hand in hand!!
Try doing the right thing

Hamilton, OH

#10 Jan 2, 2012
Forget who has the guts to state it plainly; especially when you do not. Your mom gave me her permission long ago to type as much as I want on here. Whether we go hand and hand or not, we do act like professionals and tell the truth about other people like Wayne Turner; who deserves it. We don't have to hide who we are or what we stand for. That's what it means to be an adult, have an opinion that means something, and at least we know how to spell each other's name for cry sake. Rouse if that's who you mean, not Rose; which is a flower. I did notice you chose not to comment on the subject again. What is that way over your head to find an opinion about what is actually being discussed? And it's former Chief Cole as he retired a couple of weeks ago and we wish him well too. Any other stupid remarks you need me to address or correct you on? You're like talking to a child and having to be corrected at every turn. If you want to play in an adult world raise the bar just a bit. If not, go play down the road on another thread. I am sure they have topix for the uneducated and uninformed. You should fit right in there.

Respectfully, Anthony J. Rouse
See that was not so hard at all junior.
Glad you approve

Hamilton, OH

#11 Jan 2, 2012
I just hate to hear loud mouth people spout things they have no clue about. Thanks again you obviously know truth when you hear it.
above post wrote:
Thanks for your input Tony Rouse.
Prozac

Greenville, SC

#12 Jan 2, 2012
Rouse, look into getting some Prozac. I love how all of the "Ft Thomas" ISP areas are all Rouse. I have never seen a PROFESSIONAL Police Chief get on the board and spend so much time acting like a child. "Your mom gave me her permission long ago to type as much as I want on here". Lets go back to 2nd grade. Glad I am not a Wilder Citizen, you are an absolute disgrace to the Police Dept to get on here and make those comments. No wonder you are not and never wil be Sheriff.
Poor bitter guy

Hamilton, OH

#13 Jan 3, 2012
Dose my warped sense of humor offend you in some way? If so, too bad get over it. However, I find it hard to believe that is even possible since all you do is spout poison about others for no reason. Why do you do that anyway? Let me save you a lot of trouble in the future about me: "You don't like Tony." See, it says it all and I get it and so does everybody else now. Now let me respond back. "I don't care what you think and never did." So any other comments from you, is meaningless to me. The truth is most people feel the same way as me, not the other way around like you. As far as me being a professional; which has nothing whatsoever to do with this blog, or me doing my job, or typing an opinion; which is my right like it or not and what this site is designed for-case you don’t know. When I do go to work, I am a professional or I would not be where I am and have been for almost three decades -ya think? When I am typing my opinion here and now, I am not working or on the clock, just me expressing myself; unfortunately about a friend of mine that is being attacked for no reason. You know attacks from people like you that stick you nose in his and my business for no reason. People that do nothing but sit on the sidelines and down those that do achieve, work, and hold positions of responsibility and are charged with such things, not sideliners that merely think they do-when they obviously do not. If you are so against what I am doing, then explain your actions and why you give your opinions then at all. I mean if they are so wrong and so unprofessional, explain that. You can’t because whether you like it or not, we are both doing the exactly the same thing, other than I choose not to others for their opinions when you do. It’s Okay, I am used to such silliness and people like you. Curious, is there anything or anyone you can even say one good thing about or know how to or is slamming another person all you are about? Lastly, since I put my name on my opinions and am not ashamed of them and you apparently are and do not, why would you need an IP address for anything? It’s IP, not ISP by the way. IP means internet protocol address, where ISP means internet service provider. They are completely different and mean two different things altogether. The answers to your problems have nothing to do with me, IP, or ISP and are as plain as the nose on both of your faces.(See that's humor too). Lighten up you’ll live longer my friend. Some other good advice for you is that friends come and go, but enemies accumulate. So why go out of your way to make them? I don’t. Signed: Tony, see not that hard to put your name right on what you say and mean. Oh, and stick to the say and leave the mean out of it. Nice talking to you and I hoped you may have learned something that will help you.
Prozac wrote:
Rouse, look into getting some Prozac. I love how all of the "Ft Thomas" ISP areas are all Rouse. I have never seen a PROFESSIONAL Police Chief get on the board and spend so much time acting like a child. "Your mom gave me her permission long ago to type as much as I want on here". Lets go back to 2nd grade. Glad I am not a Wilder Citizen, you are an absolute disgrace to the Police Dept to get on here and make those comments. No wonder you are not and never wil be Sheriff.
prozac

Somerset, KY

#14 Jan 3, 2012
I read the 1st 2 sentences thEn saw how insane you are and didnt bother reading anymore. Too write that much proves you're nuts!
All it proves

Hamilton, OH

#15 Jan 4, 2012
Is you are too lazy to read or understand simple explainations, and you said originally this was so important to you. You should start by doing your homework and stop arbitrarily insulting good people like Wayne Turner or me. Prozac (joke by the way) is for people that are depressed, not happy people like me. I am a very happy guy that is also more than happy to set any record straight; especially when it refers to a good friend of mine that did not deserve your smear campaign; which did not work anyway as you were proven wrong (big surprise). People of character stand on their own merits and do not suffer simply low level insults from the likes of you anyway. If you would have taken the time to have read what I said, or get your facts straight, you may have even realized everything that was said was wrong about Wayne and me, and that Wayne is an excellent choice for Bellevue's Police Chief's position. I am no doctor, but clearly you need some kind of meds yourself. I am not sure if they even make a pill to make a person tell the truth, act decent towards another, or take responsibility for their actions, but if they did make such a pill, you should seek it out and try to become more human, not so evil in your ways. Everything you said was untrue, rude, inaccurate, and evil. Why not just save it and us from all such garbage? Opinions are supposes to impact a situation one way or another. Your words seem to fall on deaf ears and are meaningless in either direction. So again, why are you wasting your time or confirming to everyone you don’t even know what you’re talking about? Your entire presence here seems a little silly to me; since we are not even talking about me in the first place. You started that (only you would know) for what reason? Oh, I get it. When you get called out and you can not justify your words, you change the subject and try to misdirect conversations to cover your inadequacies. That might work with stupid people, but where I am concerned, you need to use your brain, fact, and reason. Do you have any or are we going to hear more stupidity, off topic, out in left field? Prozac, ouch that was a crusher. Guess I better go and hide now (You silly lazy man-that aparently can't read).
prozac wrote:
I read the 1st 2 sentences thEn saw how insane you are and didnt bother reading anymore. Too write that much proves you're nuts!
URNUTS

Somerset, KY

#16 Jan 4, 2012
Once again, I am not reading all of that. It's all a pathetic rant that still proves you are crazy and the ONLY Police Chief that would waste time proving how crazy you are. Once again, good luck in the next campaign for Sheriff which you will not get.
Yet U still want to talk

Hamilton, OH

#17 Jan 4, 2012
You are a loon to keep talking to the same person when they keep making fun of you for being stupid.
URNUTS wrote:
Once again, I am not reading all of that. It's all a pathetic rant that still proves you are crazy and the ONLY Police Chief that would waste time proving how crazy you are. Once again, good luck in the next campaign for Sheriff which you will not get.
Nice

Somerset, KY

#18 Jan 4, 2012
GO back to OHIO Tony. Maybe they will respect you over there and you wouldnt be the laughing stock of the NKY Police Chiefs.
I laugh at them too

Hamilton, OH

#19 Jan 5, 2012
I also laugh a people like you coward. If you even knew what respect even meant, you would not even be here or saying anything. Guess we can only hope you grow up one day.
Nice wrote:
GO back to OHIO Tony. Maybe they will respect you over there and you wouldnt be the laughing stock of the NKY Police Chiefs.
Respecting another

Hamilton, OH

#20 Jan 6, 2012
When I hear people like you try to speak for an entire group that you do not even belong to, in an attempt to throw weight to your position; if the truth be told, most of the chiefs would not even speak to you at all, let alone let you speak for them. Unlike me that happens to belong to that group right now and was a former president of it, I am familiar with these folks well and we get along just fine; whether you think so or not. I also belong to the Campbell County Chief's Association and was a past president of that group too. So not only do I actually know these people and currently belong with them, and you don't, I have risen to the top of them both; but would never just claim to speak for them. You don't get to such a position without speaking your own mind, so if anything is to be said about them that would be that they still respect my rights to state my opinion and they do. That of course means they do not necessarily agree with it, but that’s their right. And of course, I respect them for their right and they do the same. You are the only one here that seems not to understand what respect even means or what speaking for yourself entails. Trying to throw a group behind your weak words does not make such words any stronger. They in fact, make them weaker as they confirm you again do not know what you are talking about or who you are even speaking for or speaking about (big surprise). Yes, I worked in Ohio and will return one day to complete ten years of service so that I can get a pension for them. However, I am giving the sheriff’s race one more go and think this time I will win. If not, Ohio is where I will go (thank you), but when that time comes and when I am good and ready. See, another decisive move stated plainly, not some generalized weak statement. Can you see the difference between knowing what you are doing versus thinking you do?(Probably not). That’s why I can say I have been doing my job for twenty-seven years and you can only make comments about it. Action versus words indicates there is hardly any comparison to be made there or words here. Good luck and when you want to talk about something you actually know about, give me a shout.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mayor: Councilwoman arrested on assault, drug c... (Mar '16) 8 hr Nov8 2
Poll Phat Matt Clem biggest drug dealer in Northern ky? (Mar '09) Tue Sharebear 69
Light pollution in Kentucky, Latonia Tue Cornelius Scudmister 2
News Singer hopes to revive night spot (Jan '09) Tue David leach 21
Pick Up Trash (Nov '12) Tue GFL 17
Newport Jukebox (Jun '12) Sep 24 Musikologist 17
Hayley mccintosh (Nov '13) Sep 23 bill schidt 61

Fort Thomas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Thomas Mortgages