Friends of Bob McCafferty

Friends of Bob McCafferty

Posted in the Fort Thomas Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Trying to be fair

Ft Mitchell, KY

#1 Sep 7, 2007
Since there seems to be a forum for Cheryl, why not one for friends of Bobs? Let's hear positive things about him...
concerned for my friend

Evansville, IN

#2 Sep 8, 2007
Hmmmm. Curious. Only 1 comment under "friends of Bob". Guess people are catching on & figuring out what an abusive monster he was.
Curious in California

Beverly Hills, CA

#3 Sep 8, 2007
Bob was murdered in cold blood while he slept. He's not the monster - the person who put a gun to his head and blew his brains out WHILE HE WAS ASLEEP is.
I pray justice will be served on the person who murdered him.
Missing Bob

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Sep 8, 2007
My life was much, much richer for having known Bob McCafferty. Through following his example for over 40 years, I learned how to love the people around me; how to respect the people who weren't as fortunate as me; and how to enjoy every moment, knowing that things can change at a moment's notice. My heart has been left with an empty void since the very moment I heard Bob had been murdered. I long to live again on June 24...the day before Bob died. The world was left with a vacant space when this wonderful person was taken from us.
Also Missing Bob

Cary, IL

#5 Sep 8, 2007
Bob can't defend himself. His friends have to endure the insinuations and suspicions that have yet to be proven. His friends, and he has many, many friends all over the country, will stand by his family and continue to defend him. He was a warm and wonderful person.
Fooled

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Sep 9, 2007
Missing Bob wrote:
My life was much, much richer for having known Bob McCafferty. Through following his example for over 40 years, I learned how to love the people around me; how to respect the people who weren't as fortunate as me; and how to enjoy every moment, knowing that things can change at a moment's notice. My heart has been left with an empty void since the very moment I heard Bob had been murdered. I long to live again on June 24...the day before Bob died. The world was left with a vacant space when this wonderful person was taken from us.
I guess knowing him was one thing... Living with him was another... you were lucky to just know him so that you can happy thoughts of him in your mind.
Missing Bob

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Sep 9, 2007
concerned for my friend wrote:
Hmmmm. Curious. Only 1 comment under "friends of Bob". Guess people are catching on & figuring out what an abusive monster he was.
Please, Please, Please. I’ve resisted posting any negative comments on the Friends of Cheryl website since the site was clearly designed as a support site for Cheryl. I’ve known Cheryl for 20 years and have always liked her. Although I disagree with what she did, I respect her right to have a support system. This is a difficult time for everyone who knew either Bob or Cheryl and loved them both. Please support Cheryl on her site and let us support Bob on his. Your comments present you as a bitter, angry, misguided person who probably wishes she were closer to the story than she really is. I continue to pray for the Gosney’s and would hope you would include the McCafferty’s in on your prayers. Both families have been devastated by this.
Missing Bob

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Sep 9, 2007
Fooled wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess knowing him was one thing... Living with him was another... you were lucky to just know him so that you can happy thoughts of him in your mind.
I repeat: Please, Please, Please. I’ve resisted posting any negative comments on the Friends of Cheryl website since the site was clearly designed as a support system for Cheryl. I’ve known Cheryl for 20 years and have always liked her. Although I disagree with what she did, I respect her right to have a support system. This is a difficult time for everyone who knew either Bob or Cheryl and loved them both. Please support Cheryl on her site and let us support Bob on his. Your comments present you as a bitter, angry, misguided person who probably wishes she were closer to the story than she really is. I continue to pray for the Gosney’s and would hope you would include the McCafferty’s in on your prayers. Both families have been devastated by this.
Observer

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Sep 9, 2007
Missing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat: Please, Please, Please. I’ve resisted posting any negative comments on the Friends of Cheryl website since the site was clearly designed as a support system for Cheryl. I’ve known Cheryl for 20 years and have always liked her. Although I disagree with what she did, I respect her right to have a support system. This is a difficult time for everyone who knew either Bob or Cheryl and loved them both. Please support Cheryl on her site and let us support Bob on his. Your comments present you as a bitter, angry, misguided person who probably wishes she were closer to the story than she really is. I continue to pray for the Gosney’s and would hope you would include the McCafferty’s in on your prayers. Both families have been devastated by this.
I agree with your comment - 100%. You seem fair or maybe just impartial to the tragedy. You are right, people shouldn't post negative comments on either site.
Trying to be Fair

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Sep 9, 2007
I'm hope this site stays positive. I didn't know Bob and I knew of Cheryl and I'm trying to be fair on this one and watch the case to learn more.
Truth Seeker

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Sep 10, 2007
concerned for my friend wrote:
Hmmmm. Curious. Only 1 comment under "friends of Bob". Guess people are catching on & figuring out what an abusive monster he was.
Get serious. This site just started. There are many positive comments about Bob on the other sites.
Truth Seeker

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Sep 10, 2007
Fooled wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess knowing him was one thing... Living with him was another... you were lucky to just know him so that you can happy thoughts of him in your mind.
Did you live with him or Cheryl ? If not, your response is nonsensical.
Fooled

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Sep 10, 2007
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you live with him or Cheryl ? If not, your response is nonsensical.
I wasn't trying to be nonsensical. Just stating that you are lucky to be a friend of his with happy memories of him. I'm assuming you didn't live with them,correct?
Observer

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Sep 10, 2007
Fooled wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't trying to be nonsensical. Just stating that you are lucky to be a friend of his with happy memories of him. I'm assuming you didn't live with them,correct?
I agree with "Fooled". Don't get so defensive next time. After all, this is an open forum to post comments.
Think Again

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Sep 11, 2007
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with "Fooled". Don't get so defensive next time. After all, this is an open forum to post comments.
Please respect that this site is a forum for Friends of Bob's. The horrible hatred you have for someone you've never met is astounding. Bob was a kind, wonderful person who met an untimely death in the form of murder. I repeat that I have never posted a negative comment on the Friends of Cheryl site...or here for that matter. Please try to follow these same fair rules.
Voice of Reason

Covington, KY

#16 Sep 11, 2007
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Please respect that this site is a forum for Friends of Bob's. The horrible hatred you have for someone you've never met is astounding. Bob was a kind, wonderful person who met an untimely death in the form of murder. I repeat that I have never posted a negative comment on the Friends of Cheryl site...or here for that matter. Please try to follow these same fair rules.
For the past few weeks I have been following the various sites connected with the situation and have posted a few times. I agree that people just joining the discussion are assuming that abuse did occur because angry commentors with NO FIRSTHAND KNOWLEDGE have said so.

Three times I posted arguments that could refute the abuse allegations made by Cheryl. I was not attacking anyone else who posted, and my comments were "reasonable." All three of my comments were edited out and did not appear on the forum. The site was not the Friends of Cheryl site. The more general comments I have made that were not ncessarily in support of Bob were posted. The three that were more oriented in defense of Bob were censored out even though I am sure they were in the parameters we all had to agree to in joining the forum.

Cheryl's very vocal and very angry friend Leanne is an editor of at least two of the sites. She tracks posting on all the sites. When my last comment was not posted, I posted a comment (p. 13, Wife charged...) asking Leanne what she agreed to become an editor and what her job duties were, etc. She has not answered my questions, and I can only assume she has a good reason for not answering.

Just thought friends of Bob should know what I experienced.

“Proud Grandma ( MawMaw) Duh”

Since: Jul 07

TAYLOR MILL, KENTUCKY

#17 Sep 11, 2007
Voice of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
For the past few weeks I have been following the various sites connected with the situation and have posted a few times. I agree that people just joining the discussion are assuming that abuse did occur because angry commentors with NO FIRSTHAND KNOWLEDGE have said so.
Three times I posted arguments that could refute the abuse allegations made by Cheryl. I was not attacking anyone else who posted, and my comments were "reasonable." All three of my comments were edited out and did not appear on the forum. The site was not the Friends of Cheryl site. The more general comments I have made that were not ncessarily in support of Bob were posted. The three that were more oriented in defense of Bob were censored out even though I am sure they were in the parameters we all had to agree to in joining the forum.
Cheryl's very vocal and very angry friend Leanne is an editor of at least two of the sites. She tracks posting on all the sites. When my last comment was not posted, I posted a comment (p. 13, Wife charged...) asking Leanne what she agreed to become an editor and what her job duties were, etc. She has not answered my questions, and I can only assume she has a good reason for not answering.
Just thought friends of Bob should know what I experienced.
anyone can become an editor......so do it.....There was a short period that I was very sick....again none of you business and I did not get to reply alot....

I am not an angry person....just a good friend showing support!

Just as you are.......I have prayed for bob and his family. They have lost their child and that is not good in any situation. So if you have something to say to me feel free to go to my profile here and post away......

I have not used my edior power to anything but make new forums......like the on about the little boy with cancer....and the 911 remember one.....that no one can seem to post on....because they are too busy or something...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Truth Seeker

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Sep 11, 2007
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with "Fooled". Don't get so defensive next time. After all, this is an open forum to post comments.
Not being defensive. Just wanting people to be accountable for what they say. "Fooled's" comment implies that they knew what it was like to live with Bob and/or Cheryl.
curious outsider

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Sep 11, 2007
Just wondering if any of Bob's friends looked at Molly's myspace page lately. She has a very interesting headline posted today. I'm sure there is much speculation among those who are following this case closely as to what it means.
objective comment

Columbus, OH

#20 Sep 11, 2007
I must say that I think it makes a very powerful statement for Bob's side the fact that so many people attended his memorial and the extreme measures his coworkers took to attend his service. It is very clear that Bob was loved and respected by many, many people. For people to be that close to him and to think so highly of him, there is obviously truth to the fact that he was a fine upstanding man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Screw' Andrews part of Newport's mob scene (Oct '08) 10 hr Athenesword 318
Trevor mullins 11 hr Would like to know 4
Northern Kentucky Hates Heroin (Jan '14) Fri Dumbass 15
Shayna Hubers Aug 25 Milya21 2
standoff 1980s hostage newport ky (Apr '12) Aug 25 Skyangel30 64
Gee Gee Bishop Aug 24 Country 1
News Georgetown Football Player In Hospital Aug 24 gayJesus 11

Fort Thomas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Thomas Mortgages