Fort Thomas police following their ow...

Fort Thomas police following their own rules of the road

Posted in the Fort Thomas Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Citizens Arrest

Lexington, KY

#1 Sep 21, 2008
I find that the Fort Thomas police choose not to follow their own rules. I followed Rich Whitford in the official government car and found he ran every stop sign he came to. It wasn't a quick stop that I was accused of by Goshorn and the new female recruit, but a blatent role through with no attempt at all of coming to a complete stop. This happened for 5 stop signs in a row and would have been more except I stopped following him. The Fort Thomas police needs to know that we are watching them if they want to goive us grief for 1 second stops at a stop sign or driving 4 miles over the speed limit. Please include any stories that you may have and dont be afraid to use their names. Maybe they will get the point that we want to live in peace and harmony but have no tolerance for being hasseled. Until then I will be driving 2 miles under the speed limit and coming to a minimum fof 3 second stop at all stop signs. Sorry to everyone for the frustration when you get behind me on the road.
HCC

Lexington, KY

#2 Sep 21, 2008
All I can say is be careful driving on Memorial Parkway. They are popping people off that street all the time, clocking speeds and then hunting for DUIs later in the evening. Just a warning.
Common sense

Louisville, KY

#3 Sep 21, 2008
Hey Moron your supposed to stop at stop signs and not speed. So how is driving 2 under and actually stopping going to be a problem. Duh don't break the law dumb A ss
Citizens Arrest

Lexington, KY

#4 Sep 21, 2008
Common sense wrote:
Hey Moron your supposed to stop at stop signs and not speed. So how is driving 2 under and actually stopping going to be a problem. Duh don't break the law dumb A ss
Common Sense if you say you are following the letter of the law then you must be that granny lady I follow around town. Just with poor language skills. That is true I should be following the letter of the law but so should the cops and everyone else on the road that blatently breaks the law. Clearly you have not drove 55 on 75 north or south during rush hour.

For everyone else out there if you have any beneficial news to place here please fill free. I would like to send the link of this to the chief of police in Fort Thomas so he can have a talk with his officers about treating people fairly and not presenting bad attitudes for no reason. This is not Over-the-Rhine that we live in. Not everyone in Fort Thomas has crack cocaine in their trunk so they feel it is necessary to pull every person over for the smallest of infractions that the cops themselves do not follow. In the end don't be a hypacrit.
Common sense

Louisville, KY

#5 Sep 21, 2008
Hey leave the Ft Thomas police alone. They are just doing there jobs. If they wasn't doing there job you would be the first to complain.
If you don't like it move. I say this thread is Bullsh it. I love it some idiot criminal gets pulled over and the law enforced and now he attacking the police for doing there jobs. Don't break the law criminal and you won't get pulled over.
I am the Navigator

Jeffersonville, IN

#6 Sep 22, 2008
I don't think that the issue is the police enforcing the law, but their disregard of it. Many times I have seen police cars passing people on roads in excess of the speed limits. I'm not talking 37 in a 35, these are speeds where they would arrest someone else for and write those high dollar citations. I've called a couple of times on this issue and I get the "oh, they're just going on a call" excuse. If it's that dang important for them to get there, then use those lights and sirens on top of the cars, that's what they are there for.

If someone was to drive say 80 in a 55 and they get pulled over, do you think that the excuse of "Well the wife really wanted a frosty from Wendy's, really quickly" excuse will work? Uh, no.

If they're all "saving mileage", right. Then why was there a Ft Thomas Police Ford Explorer driving through Camp Springs the other day? Just where does the City line stop? It's not at Twelve Mile and the AA I bet.

The problem is that this dissects all jurisdictions and agencies. You see KSP, CCPD, county cars, state vehicles shoot up and down the highway constantly above the speed limit. Take the Lt Brown car with government plates passing cars on the double yellow in a curve, tailgating and speeding on US 27 in the south end of the county last week. What's the matter, dog off a leash somewhere?

The officials can say they'll take care of it and give lip service all they want. Impress me, show me different driving habits on the street before you say "we'll take care of it".
Citizens Arrest

Lexington, KY

#7 Sep 22, 2008
I understand Common Sense that you are probably a cop and just trying to defend your own. Clearly you are not the type of cop that breaks the law and respects the people which is the type of cop I want. But there are plenty of cops that are on a power trip and typically ignores the laws they enforce. That is what this thread is about. My father in law has been pulled over in Fort Thomas and Bellevue for going 1 mile per hour over the speed limit. Once he was given a ticket once a warning either way being stopped for 1 mile per hour over is what I would consider bullshit. I would think even Common Sense could agree with that.
Citizens Arrest

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Sep 22, 2008
We should celebrate the good and bad with the Fort Thomas Police force so feel free to include some excellent examples.
HCC

Lexington, KY

#9 Sep 22, 2008
I think most of the Fort Thomas cops are generally good. But some are a bit ticket happy. Several years back, there was a certain cop who drove an unmarked teal police car who was *notorious* for giving anyone a ticket for going even only less than 5 miles under the limit. This was several years ago and I remember alot of complaints. I don't know what happened to that cop.

Speed is a concern I agree, but I think there are other issues that could be better addressed as well.
Citizens Arrest

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Sep 22, 2008
That 1 mile per hour ticket was several years back so it may have been the same cop.

Although I have problems with how the police interact with the public I must admit the firemen in Fort Thomas are great. Maybe it is a different mind set between firemen and policemen.
you go Rob

Lexington, KY

#11 Sep 22, 2008
Or maybe it'sjust people like you who have nothing better to do than to start a topic on police officers. You know what isn't there better things in life for you to do than to sit on this computer and bash the police department? And then to hide your name behind a computer. Wouldn't the adult thing to do is to tell MR.whitford what you seen him do and leave it alone? But know you would like to start a bunch of garbage cause your life is just that! People get involved with your local police departments do not do this childish crap. She more than likely has beef with him do to a prior run in I'm sure.
HCC

Lexington, KY

#12 Sep 22, 2008
Duh "You go Rob"--why are you on this then? Why do you waste your time each day commenting like the rest of us on this? Don't like it, don't look!

Why don't you set up a "I Love Rob" topix? That would be so much more better!
Citizens Arrest

Lexington, KY

#13 Sep 22, 2008
Thanks for your comment "you go Rob". Please verify your grammar check I could not understand your sentence structure.

If you have something nice to say about a cop by all means say it. Why should I talk to Whitford he would just deny it. Whitford and at least 50% of the city is doing this. I am not hear to judge if this is right or wrong but I will point out hypocracy when I see it.

For your information I started a topic like this so people can get things off their chest. I could go to the chief about these situations but in the end nothing will be done. They have been doing this for years in Fort Thomas. I remember a long time ago I was hasseled by a Fort Thomas police officer for no other reason than I did not have a Fort Thomas sticker in my car.

I will stay on this sight and defend the people of Fort Thomas from inappropriate police behavior. If I see a wrong doing I will point it out. I will also help "you go Rob" with his grammar.
Citizens Arrest

Lexington, KY

#14 Sep 22, 2008
A funny story.

During college I was driving in Indiana for work and was on a 2 lane road that was pretty straight. I admittingly was going about 5 miles per hour over the speed limit when I noticed a cop car behind me. I slowed down to the exact speed limit like we all would do and he passed me in the other lane. At that point I was thinking well he must have a call. About 8 miles up the road I passed him sitting in his speed trap spot. He past me speeding just so he could get to his speed trap spot. I found that quite amusing. If you have any other interesting stories like that whether it is Fort Thomas police related or some other jurisdiction feel free to include it hear.
The Wanderer

Covington, KY

#15 Sep 22, 2008
Dear Citizen Arrest, don't trash others if your spelling/grammar isn't perfect. Something that you wrote in your last message: I am not hear to judge if this is right or wrong but I will point out hypocracy when I see it.(which I copied and pasted from your last comments)
Do you see what is wrong? Well I do. Your wrote hear which should be spelled here. Just wanted to point out that no one is perfect, not even me !(but I'm close - lol)
Citizens Arrest

Lexington, KY

#16 Sep 22, 2008
Excellent point wanderer. I also had a couple of mispelled words in my original letter. I wish I had spell and grammar check on this site. I will give myself a B for grammar. But I really couldn't understand what "you go Rob" wrote.

This just proves we all can improve our language skills.
you go Rob

Lexington, KY

#17 Sep 23, 2008
Citizens Arrest you got my point right? That's all that matters ok. I will never be perfect and will never claim to be got it! Further more why don't you start trash mouthing people who really deserve it? Such as people who do drugs? Or beat there children or what not why trash good hard working people? Girl you really need a life and if I was the police I wouldn't even listen to you after you started this cop bashing on here. Why would anyone listen to your bull shit? And the pure and simple fact is Ft.Thomas does have a BIG problem with drugs in our city so if they pull someone over and search well ya good job police officers. I find alot of Ft.Thomas people take there drug crap to other cities around here. I have seen first hand so until you know what the hell your talking about you really should keep your mouth shut!
The Wanderer

Covington, KY

#18 Sep 23, 2008
Ladies and/or Gents, I think that you are getting alittle hostile over this issue. "You Go Rob", do you think that we can keep it clean. BS = bull shit.
My fellings, on the beginning issue, all police should follow the rules, in and out of uniforms. I, also have seen police (other than Ft.Thomas) running stop signs, red lights and turning in a non-turning lane. As far as pulling someone over for going 36 in a 35 speed limit or even 38 in a 35 is a little bit to much (except if the person(s) look suspicious). Then Go Get EM...

I have noticed that a police officer (not all, this would be one that you might speak with occasionally) will respond to your hello, when they are noy in uniform and they ignore your hello when they put that uniform on. It's like as soon as that uniform goes on, they turn into someone/something else. What's with that ??

Citizen Arrest was not trash mouthing, he was using one of his ammendments: Freedom of Speech.
Letting the people/puplic know what he/she has seen/experienced.

Now, If we are done with the Policeman issue, we can change the issue to Bigger issues, as in Drugs.

"You go Rob" You wrote: I find alot of Ft.Thomas people take there drug crap to other cities around here. I have seen first hand (copied & pasted) So, if you have seen this first hand, did you reported it ?????
ftthomas

Lexington, KY

#19 Sep 23, 2008
Do you not read the news paper? Look on arrest you will see it for yourself! Drugs are a big issue in Ft.thomas. Alot of people from Ft.Thomas get arrested in Newport, dayton,covington,ext. For D.u.i's, drugs, guns, need I go on? If your to blind to see it then shame on you. Guess the good thing is them cities get the crap off our streets so it's less worry for us huh lol.
Citizens Arrest

Lexington, KY

#20 Sep 23, 2008
Drug runners, wife beaters, child molesters, etc should all be taken out back and be treated the way they treat others.

If you want I will start a forum for the scum of the earth but this forum is about being treated in a reasonable manner by the Fort Thomas police.(Hopefully most of the cops already do this)

Some say I may hold cops to a higher standard then the average person, that is true. They have more power then the rest of us. We have to do what they say and they are the ones walking around with guns not the average Fort Thomas homeowner. They chose the job and I assume they believe in what they do so don't break the rules you believe or enforce in your own community. People would not have this problem if they did not get hasseled for the small things.

If you see a drug transaction or know of Fort Thomas residents dealing drugs pick up that phone and call the police. By the way "you go Rob" I am a man not a woman not that it really matters.

"You go Rob" If you are insulted by my truthful statements feel free to start a forum about how Citizens Arrest is full of ????. It is a free country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
james anthony barnett 1 min really 3
donald denniston 56 min concerned 1
News Federal lawsuit filed after third grader with d... 2 hr Sashay 1
News Second lawsuit filed against Campbell County Jail (Sep '10) 8 hr concerned mom 46
NKY Med Clinic Sun Disgusted citizen 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Jul 31 Musikologist 19
Kenton Vale Music Thread (Oct '14) Jul 31 Musikologist 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Thomas Mortgages