FORT THOMAS MATTERS website

Posted in the Fort Thomas Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Orwell

Florence, KY

#1 Sep 15, 2011
You know what's funny about this website? They bash all kinds of people and places in their articles but then when someone submits a comment of their own, the editors/moderators refuse to add it to the comments section.
southerngirl

Delaware, OH

#2 Sep 16, 2011
Typical Ft. Thomas.
FTM Doesnt Matter

Louisville, KY

#3 Sep 19, 2011
That's happened to me several times also. FTM will bash a business or the city or something else, then refuse to post any comments except the ones they agree with. And, they haven't had an original idea since they've been in existence. They simply "cut and paste" news stories from REAL journalists. I've found it's easier to check the city's website or call the city employees to get the real answers to what's happening in our city. We're fortunate to live in such a great city, and it's unfortunate that some, like FTM, try to make us look bad all the time.
Lifer

Louisville, KY

#4 Sep 20, 2011
Did you see that FTM is sad to see Moore's leaving the city, but admitted he only went there one time? He says he's a supporter of the city, but only supports the local businesses when it's convenient for him. Hypocrite! FTM seems to be rather self-serving and one-sided.
Me Too

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Sep 20, 2011
FTM Doesnt Matter wrote:
That's happened to me several times also. FTM will bash a business or the city or something else, then refuse to post any comments except the ones they agree with. And, they haven't had an original idea since they've been in existence. They simply "cut and paste" news stories from REAL journalists. I've found it's easier to check the city's website or call the city employees to get the real answers to what's happening in our city. We're fortunate to live in such a great city, and it's unfortunate that some, like FTM, try to make us look bad all the time.
This has happened to me too! They say terrible things about cities and residents and then if you try to offer another side to what they're trying to tear down, they won't print it! They commented once that they don't report good things at NCC because it's in Newport. Yet they love Newport Pavilion. So far. Recently they bashed a couple Newport gas stations and when I commented that I'd never had a bad experience there, they refused to print! I quit reading their stories for many of the same reasons. I too live in Fort Thomas and just HATE that these people make us look like such elitists!
Oh - and when they DO post their own thoughts and comments, they're usually loaded with spelling errors!!
I'm siding with you and saying that FTM Doesn't Matter!
ft thomas

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Sep 21, 2011
I'm confused about why tax payors are paying to blacktop the avenue when there was nothing wrong with it and many other roads need paving. Has anyone been down Rossford lately? Aweful! Not to mention that they had all summer to do work but wait until school starts and back up traffic...DUH This make no sense!
Orwell

Florence, KY

#7 Sep 23, 2011
Lifer wrote:
Did you see that FTM is sad to see Moore's leaving the city, but admitted he only went there one time? He says he's a supporter of the city, but only supports the local businesses when it's convenient for him. Hypocrite! FTM seems to be rather self-serving and one-sided.
HAH! Frisch's is leaving too. As to the guy, yeah, self-serving, one-sided hypocrite fits both of those guys just fine.
From the home page

Hamilton, OH

#8 Sep 23, 2011
Rossford Park - Century Construction has begun clearing and grading work at Rossford Park in preparation for the construction of the new park complex. Rossford Park will remain closed to the public during construction which is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2011. Century will be completing this plan that features two ball fields, baseball diamonds, restrooms, shelter, walking trails, parking, landscaping, playgrounds, and other improvements. Complete plans are available for viewing in the General Services office.

Maybe they were waiting for this project to be completed, before starting on the road. That makes sense, don't it?
ft thomas wrote:
I'm confused about why tax payors are paying to blacktop the avenue when there was nothing wrong with it and many other roads need paving. Has anyone been down Rossford lately? Aweful! Not to mention that they had all summer to do work but wait until school starts and back up traffic...DUH This make no sense!
Lifer

Louisville, KY

#9 Sep 30, 2011
I wondered the same thing. I checked with the city and they told me that the parts of Fort Thomas Avenue that are being paved are state roads. So, its KY that paving them not the city.

That might have been a good story for FTM to do, but apparently there wasn't enough controversy, and there wasn't another news story about for them to copy.
zip75

Florence, KY

#10 Sep 30, 2011
Lifer wrote:
I wondered the same thing. I checked with the city and they told me that the parts of Fort Thomas Avenue that are being paved are state roads. So, its KY that paving them not the city.
That might have been a good story for FTM to do, but apparently there wasn't enough controversy, and there wasn't another news story about for them to copy.
Haha! Plus, you forgot to mention that they could not bash someone in telling the story. That seems to be their goal: to lift Fort Thomas up at the expense of other cities, residents or programs.
The other week they ran one that said "Fort Thomas....Not That Rich."
Really? Ya think? bunch of damned elitists. And the sad thing is - I live there too.
nky41075

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Oct 3, 2011
I disagree, they do not bash everyone. Fort Thomas is more than money rich. we are rich with a great community! With out the people of Ft. Thomas, it would just be a regular run of the mill city.

Fort Thomas Matters and their writers do not claim to be journalists and besides that...it's a blog. Blog are made for opinions. Also, there has not been a comment I have sent that was not posted. The blog owners do check all comments befor posting them. Maybe your post was not appropriate.

:)
FTM Doesnt Matter

Louisville, KY

#12 Oct 3, 2011
nky41075 wrote:
I disagree, they do not bash everyone. Fort Thomas is more than money rich. we are rich with a great community! With out the people of Ft. Thomas, it would just be a regular run of the mill city.
Fort Thomas Matters and their writers do not claim to be journalists and besides that...it's a blog. Blog are made for opinions. Also, there has not been a comment I have sent that was not posted. The blog owners do check all comments befor posting them. Maybe your post was not appropriate.
My post was very appropriate and well-written. I simply disagreed with them. I've spoken with several other people who have similar stories. FTM is an embarrassment to the City of Fort Thomas. Presenting - or at least allowing - a dissenting viewpoint would improve their site tremendously.
Me Too

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Oct 3, 2011
FTM Doesnt Matter wrote:
<quoted text>
My post was very appropriate and well-written. I simply disagreed with them. I've spoken with several other people who have similar stories. FTM is an embarrassment to the City of Fort Thomas. Presenting - or at least allowing - a dissenting viewpoint would improve their site tremendously.
\

I too have had similar experiences (more than one) where my posts were neither offensive nor inflammatory, just stating a different opinion. They did not print them.

As to the person who said "...it's a blog....it's an opinion..." well that only adds more fuel to the fire and truth to the rumor. They'll print your opinion, so long as you agree with them, or further decry what they're already putting down.
LMAO

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Oct 3, 2011
nky41075 wrote:
NEWSFLASH: Ft. Thomas IS a run of the mill city. Just so happens they have some residents who think they're a little better than everyone else.

“Frontline Of RainbowCoalition”

Since: Feb 08

newport,ky

#15 Oct 3, 2011
I think we can collectively say that Fort Thomas doesn't matter.
Club

Ft Mitchell, KY

#19 Oct 4, 2011
I'm not sure it sees itself as a 'new source'. It is a blog. Don't like it? Don't read it. Why complain here?
Club

Ft Mitchell, KY

#21 Oct 4, 2011
I've read the blog. I know the entry you are referring to--yes I know it is inaccurate as well. Again, if it bothers you, stop reading. Why post here? The best thing is to confront the author and move on. Also, as you know, don't believe or read everything on the internet. Most of it is crap--as Topix can attest to.
FTM Doesnt Matter

Louisville, KY

#22 Oct 4, 2011
Club wrote:
I've read the blog. I know the entry you are referring to--yes I know it is inaccurate as well. Again, if it bothers you, stop reading. Why post here? The best thing is to confront the author and move on. Also, as you know, don't believe or read everything on the internet. Most of it is crap--as Topix can attest to.
Because they won't post dissenting viewpoints, I am reduced to posting those viewpoints on here. It's apparent that others feel the same way. Topix is designed to do just what we're doing - having meaningful discourse.

FTM is like a traffic accident where you feel you have to slow down and look. I just can't seem to tear myself away from the tragedy and sadness that is FTM.
FTRes

Florence, KY

#23 Oct 4, 2011
FTM Doesnt Matter wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they won't post dissenting viewpoints, I am reduced to posting those viewpoints on here. It's apparent that others feel the same way. Topix is designed to do just what we're doing - having meaningful discourse.
FTM is like a traffic accident where you feel you have to slow down and look. I just can't seem to tear myself away from the tragedy and sadness that is FTM.
Club, I understand your comments, but couldn't have said it better than FTM Doesn't Matter in this post. We are reduced to posting here and I for one am glad to hear that there are others out there who feel the same way.

A few weeks prior, Darrin M. had written an article about convenience store and noted several times how the "isles" were jumbled. The correct word would be "aisles". If someone other than a Fort Thomas resident would have committed such an atrocious spelling error (tongue in cheek), someone in the FTM forum would have been quick to point it out, and Darrin/Mark would have gladly posted that!!
Mondvi

Florence, KY

#24 Oct 4, 2011
FTRes wrote:
<quoted text>
Why read? I live in Fort Thomas and used to enjoy reading info on this site. But it somehow morphed into being snipy in almost every article. I think this is totally unnecessary. As an example, this was one of the final straws for me, on the topic of nearby gas stations and the much-anticipated opening of Kroger gas station (which, by they way, will be in Newport). Taken directly from their website:
"Speedway:(10th street and Monmouth - both Newport) Oh the sights you'll see at these locations. Bottom line - you get the feeling you are being preyed upon. Latest example: last week a woman was pumping gas at the Monmouth St. location. She was car jacked with her dog, purse and newly bought soccer equipment for her son still in the car. The thief drove a few blocks, picked up three comrades, and tossed the dog out of the car. Luckily, she found the dog three hours later."
Was this really necessary? Is this good reporting? I followed up with a comment to Mark Collier, author of this article. I simply stated that I thought it was uncalled for; I've been to both Speedways and never had a bad experience. He, of course, did not print my comment.
I'm all for honest and informative reporting but really, I thought that was an extremely petty comment.
here's a comment from one of their stories that they let slip in.
when i read that i thought it was kind of mean.

"Convenient is trashy and belongs in Newport. I won't even go there for a gallon of milk - They TRY to sell expired goods all the time. Nasty little place that needs a major overhaul."

they DO like to bash Newport. without a doubt

August 4, 2011 12:11 PM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Church Youth Leader Accused of Sex with Teen (Jan '12) 6 hr Teen luvva too 5
Ludlow Officer, Greg Eastman (May '11) 13 hr caddyshack 170
What is there to do in Newport Ky Tue potts 5
Covington Jukebox (Jun '12) Mon Musikologist 20
Fort Mitchell Music Thread (Jun '12) Mon Musikologist 17
Only black people have rights Mon Coal bucket driver 25
NFL unpatriotic players Mon Jack32670 37

Fort Thomas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Thomas Mortgages