Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23479 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13779 Aug 20, 2012
Texan wrote:
Climate change is real, it's happened more than once, and it will happen again, and earth will survive. Bush got us into Afghanistan, and Iraq. Afghanistan chasing bin Laden lol, Iraq because we were getting too close to bin Laden and revenge against Hussein for putting a price on his daddies head, and everyone laughing cause daddy didn't get Hussein. YES Shrub was the worst to ever live in The White House, that is why we are now stuck with this looser that lives there now. Obama is probably the second worst we've ever had. And now we are asked to choose between clueless and totaly clueless. SUX why don't you just go crawl under a rock?
I think Jimmy "Peanuts" Carter takes the cake for worst ever. I'm not arguing about Bush, but Carter was an idiot who just twiddled his thumbs while Iran held our embassy people hostage.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13780 Aug 20, 2012
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets take a look at Ryan’s plan that Romney so admires and run some numbers. Ahh yes a hackering for the good old days is still with these regressive “Party First” USA second. Ryan would have this accomplished in just one year! His economic plan would cost America 1 million jobs in the first year. Ryan's proposed budget would cripple the economy. He'd slash spending deeply, which would not only slow job growth, but shock the economy and cost 1 million of us our jobs in 2013 alone and kill more than 4 million jobs by the end of 2014.
"Ryan's Budget, Robin Hood in reverse," Economic Policy Institute
http://www.moveon.org/r...
Ahh yes the Robin Hood of the Cronies is what the defiant waco nrh dude would relish. Ryan would pickpocket the middle class to line the pockets of the rich. His tax plan is Robin Hood in reverse. He wants to cut taxes by $4.6 trillion over the next decade, but only for corporations and the rich, like giving families earning more than $1 million a year a $300,000 tax cut. And to pay for them, he'd raise taxes on middle- and lower-income households and butcher social service programs that help middle- and working-class Americans.
."Ryan Budget Would Raise Some Taxes; Guess Who Gets Hit?," Off the Charts, April 12, 2012 http://www.moveon.org/r...
Now what do you think is a wacko nrh defiant split personality worth for merit in making a sane deductive rational decision. These creatures what us to follow their bird brain ignorance. 3 feathers from the same bird. That’s why they are attracted to the “Party First” USA second mentality. After all, the host of the party, will dictate to them all they need to know and shove them back into their Foxy little den. So much easier that way for them. Like to be tucked in and suck on their paws. Ahh that the life..
You really need to work on shortening your posts. Also your spelling. Your logic is pretty crazy and hard to follow, and the spelling makes it even worse.
What's with your obsession with foxes?
Are you seriously using moveon.org as your source for a link? Talk about biased. I wouldn't take anything those morons say seriously.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#13781 Aug 20, 2012
He may have twiddled his thumbs but the hostages came home alive. Bush took us to war in Afghanistan, no problem with that except that he didn't finish and get bin Laden before he started another and uncalled for war with Iraq. Ten years, thousands of American dead, and billions of dollars wasted we are finaly getting out. The killing and hate hasn't stopped, which tells me that it was just another senseless and unwinable war, that was fought just to suit the Shrubs over inflated ego. Looking back it just might say something for twiddling ones thumbs. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with going to war against our enemies, but by damn when we do we need to win and they need to never want it to happen again. Yes Bush was the worst to ever reside in the White House, and Obama isn't much better. Just remember that had the Shrub not been so bad we might never have had Obama, lets face it after eight years of Bush, anyone the Democrats ran was going to best any Republican.
Just the facts

De Leon, TX

#13782 Aug 20, 2012
Texan wrote:
He may have twiddled his thumbs but the hostages came home alive. Bush took us to war in Afghanistan, no problem with that except that he didn't finish and get bin Laden before he started another and uncalled for war with Iraq. Ten years, thousands of American dead, and billions of dollars wasted we are finaly getting out. The killing and hate hasn't stopped, which tells me that it was just another senseless and unwinable war, that was fought just to suit the Shrubs over inflated ego. Looking back it just might say something for twiddling ones thumbs. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with going to war against our enemies, but by damn when we do we need to win and they need to never want it to happen again. Yes Bush was the worst to ever reside in the White House, and Obama isn't much better. Just remember that had the Shrub not been so bad we might never have had Obama, lets face it after eight years of Bush, anyone the Democrats ran was going to best any Republican.
Please explain the Bush Screwups.
Bush holds the record for job growth with 52 consecutive months of growth. During the Bush Administration we were at less than 5% Unemployment, had 5% GDP Growth, record month to month Job Growth, Record Tax Revenue thanks to the Bush Tax Rate Cuts for all Taxpayers while the Evil Rich paid more of those Taxes than ever before.
Then the Electorate decided to give Congress and the Senate to Pelosi and Reid, and bang, everything began to go down hill. I'm sure it was a coincidence, just like the Democrat House refusing to investigate and reform Fannie and Freddie as President Bush wanted them to do, but there were too many Democrats getting rich running the place. Let's see, Franklin Raines $90 Million, Jamie Gorelick (yes that Jamie Gorelick)$20 Million, Rahm Emmanuel (bingo)$20 Million, and good old Barney Frank and Maxine Waters defending it all.
Oh yeah, funny how the biggest Bush era Deficit is only one third the size of the smallest Obama Deficit. Isn't that a hoot?
Without willfull ignorance, there would be no Democrats or RINOS.
really

Austin, TX

#13783 Aug 20, 2012
Waco 1954 wrote:
<quoted text> hahaha! Tennessee doesn't make a pimple on Texas'ass financially or geographically! They had a really good womens basketball team at the the univ.of Tennessee...oh wait...they lost to Baylor...
I was talking ONLY about the two states that are doing well in this ecomony-that being Tx. and Tn.....I really do not care at this point about geographics OR basketball and who did what! I care more about the mess this country is in right now!
really

Austin, TX

#13784 Aug 20, 2012
Just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain the Bush Screwups.
Bush holds the record for job growth with 52 consecutive months of growth. During the Bush Administration we were at less than 5% Unemployment, had 5% GDP Growth, record month to month Job Growth, Record Tax Revenue thanks to the Bush Tax Rate Cuts for all Taxpayers while the Evil Rich paid more of those Taxes than ever before.
Then the Electorate decided to give Congress and the Senate to Pelosi and Reid, and bang, everything began to go down hill. I'm sure it was a coincidence, just like the Democrat House refusing to investigate and reform Fannie and Freddie as President Bush wanted them to do, but there were too many Democrats getting rich running the place. Let's see, Franklin Raines $90 Million, Jamie Gorelick (yes that Jamie Gorelick)$20 Million, Rahm Emmanuel (bingo)$20 Million, and good old Barney Frank and Maxine Waters defending it all.
Oh yeah, funny how the biggest Bush era Deficit is only one third the size of the smallest Obama Deficit. Isn't that a hoot?
Without willfull ignorance, there would be no Democrats or RINOS.
good post! Amazing how the dems. put the spin and blame WHERE it does not belong.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#13785 Aug 20, 2012
How does anyone explain a Bush screwup, you can't. He rode his daddies name to everything he ever got, except the surplus Clinton left him and which he turned to a record deficite in less than a year. Every bussiness he ever ran he bankrupted while making millions for himself and all on his daddies name and influence peddling. I guess I just don't remrmber getting my multimillion dollar tax cut. And Obama well just another clueless puke. Democrats getting rich soooo much worse than Republicans getting rich. They all do it, CROOKS one and all. Like I said thousands dead, billions wasted, and the budget in the toilet, all on the Shrubs watch. So like you said just the facts maam just the facts.
Just the facts

De Leon, TX

#13786 Aug 20, 2012
Texan wrote:
How does anyone explain a Bush screwup, you can't. He rode his daddies name to everything he ever got, except the surplus Clinton left him and which he turned to a record deficite in less than a year. Every bussiness he ever ran he bankrupted while making millions for himself and all on his daddies name and influence peddling. I guess I just don't remrmber getting my multimillion dollar tax cut. And Obama well just another clueless puke. Democrats getting rich soooo much worse than Republicans getting rich. They all do it, CROOKS one and all. Like I said thousands dead, billions wasted, and the budget in the toilet, all on the Shrubs watch. So like you said just the facts maam just the facts.
During Slick Willy's first term the Democrats controlled both houses and America was headed towards the scrap heap fast...THEN in his second term the Republicans took over both houses and Slick Willy knew they had things right so he went along with them knowing it would make him look good...and so it did...Political history 101.
really

Austin, TX

#13787 Aug 20, 2012
Texan wrote:
ok here we go to explain YOUR screwup! The record that is a fact.....the house was republican held and thus the surplus! When the dems. took over then the country was in trouble . Pres. Bush tried to tell ALL about what Barney and company would do for the economy with the housing policy- Clinton and Carter thought should be in place. No one listened ...too bad! get it right silly!
really

Austin, TX

#13788 Aug 20, 2012
Just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>During Slick Willy's first term the Democrats controlled both houses and America was headed towards the scrap heap fast...THEN in his second term the Republicans took over both houses and Slick Willy knew they had things right so he went along with them knowing it would make him look good...and so it did...Political history 101.
EXACTLY...!
Just the facts

De Leon, TX

#13789 Aug 20, 2012
Democrats always conveniently forget to mention that the Democratic Party controlled the Senate and House of Representatives from Jan 3, 2007 – January 3, 2009. The economy tanked in 2008 under the Democrats' watch. Barney Frank was Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee from Jan 4, 2007 until Jan 3, 2011. The Bush blamers always forget these documented facts
of HISTORY.

The tech stocks boomed during Clinton's time but it crashed during 2000-2002.... before Clinton left office. During that time, the market lost $5 trillion. Bush took office in January, 2001. He had to deal with this market crash...... but you
never heard him complain about it or blame others, did you? THEN he had to see us through 9/11/01.......... again, you never heard him
complaining. He faced and dealt with both things straight on....... and went through congress to get the support of BOTH Republicans and Democrats to go to war. He did what a president should do........ he took care of business according to OUR laws....... unlike what we have now that gets "permission" from the NATO to get involved in Libya ...... without going to Congress as is the law.
streptococcus

United States

#13790 Aug 20, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking ONLY about the two states that are doing well in this ecomony-that being Tx. and Tn.....I really do not care at this point about geographics OR basketball and who did what! I care more about the mess this country is in right now!
####you know it all.
really

Austin, TX

#13791 Aug 20, 2012
Just the facts wrote:
Democrats always conveniently forget to mention that the Democratic Party controlled the Senate and House of Representatives from Jan 3, 2007 – January 3, 2009. The economy tanked in 2008 under the Democrats' watch. Barney Frank was Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee from Jan 4, 2007 until Jan 3, 2011. The Bush blamers always forget these documented facts
of HISTORY.
The tech stocks boomed during Clinton's time but it crashed during 2000-2002.... before Clinton left office. During that time, the market lost $5 trillion. Bush took office in January, 2001. He had to deal with this market crash...... but you
never heard him complain about it or blame others, did you? THEN he had to see us through 9/11/01.......... again, you never heard him
complaining. He faced and dealt with both things straight on....... and went through congress to get the support of BOTH Republicans and Democrats to go to war. He did what a president should do........ he took care of business according to OUR laws....... unlike what we have now that gets "permission" from the NATO to get involved in Libya ...... without going to Congress as is the law.
like I said..they(dems.) blame and spin the real truth. The blame better stop and people better get it together or we all will be at a huge lose this time not just a few! Good post and with the facts-no spin! Dems. and the entitlement crap needs to goooooo!
really

Austin, TX

#13792 Aug 20, 2012
streptococcus wrote:
<quoted text> ####you know it all.
What good is it to be a smartie to someone who tells the truth? Makes YOU look foolish or like a fool.
Just the facts

De Leon, TX

#13793 Aug 20, 2012
WHAT AN IMPRESSIVE LIST OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS!…

First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.

First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.

First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States.

First President to violate the War Powers Act.

First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

First President to defy a Federal Judge’s court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.

First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party, a violation of the U.S. Constitution.

First President to spend a trillion dollars on ‘shovel-ready’ jobs when there was no such thing as ‘shovel-ready’ jobs.

First President to recommend changing our National Anthem as it portrays and promotes violence and is warlike in its theme.

First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer Breakfast and activities.

First President to initiate a Cash for Clunkers Program to clean up exhaust that adds to global warming, then extended it because it was so popular — wasting hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars.

First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.

First President to bypass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.

First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.

First President to demand a company hand over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.

First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space.

First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.

First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.

First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases.

First President to tell a major manufacturing company which state they are allowed to locate a factory in.

First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).

First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.

First President to fire an inspector general of Americorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.

First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.

First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 90 to date.

First President to pledge complete transparency while campaigning, then hide his medical, educational,and travel records.

First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.

First President to go on multiple global ‘apology tours’.

First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends; paid for by the taxpayer.

First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.

First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.

First President to repeat the Holy Qur’an and tells us that the early morning Islamic call to worship is the most beautiful sound on earth.

First ex member of 'The Choom Gang' to become President.

First President to campaign in all 57 states.

First President to keep illegals in the country for a voter fraud vote.

First President to be raised by a transvestite nanny named Turdi.
helpful

Austin, TX

#13794 Aug 20, 2012
Just the facts wrote:
First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States.
First President to violate the War Powers Act.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
First President to defy a Federal Judge’s court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party, a violation of the U.S. Constitution.
First President to spend a trillion dollars on ‘shovel-ready’ jobs when there was no such thing as ‘shovel-ready’ jobs.
First President to recommend changing our National Anthem as it portrays and promotes violence and is warlike in its theme.
First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer Breakfast and activities.
First President to initiate a Cash for Clunkers Program to clean up exhaust that adds to global warming, then extended it because it was so popular — wasting hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
First President to bypass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
First President to demand a company hand over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space.
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company which state they are allowed to locate a factory in.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
First President to fire an inspector general of Americorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.
First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 90 to date.
First President to pledge complete transparency while campaigning, then hide his medical, educational,and travel records.
First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
First President to go on multiple global ‘apology tours’.
First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends; paid for by the taxpayer.
First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.
First President to repeat the Holy Qur’an and tells us that the early morning Islamic call to worship is the most beautiful sound on earth.
First ex member of 'The Choom Gang' to become President.
First President to campaign in all 57 states.
First President to keep illegals in the country for a voter fraud vote.
First President to be raised by a transvestite nanny named Turdi.
....people better remember theses facts when they go to vote this time. Foolish people whom never cared to actually look at his friends lists etc. AND never cared what HIS only job was-VOTED for the man! UNBELIEVEABLE! WE are all paying dearly for such ignorance too!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13795 Aug 20, 2012
Texan wrote:
Climate change is real, it's happened more than once, and it will happen again, and earth will survive. Bush got us into Afghanistan, and Iraq. Afghanistan chasing bin Laden lol, Iraq because we were getting too close to bin Laden and revenge against Hussein for putting a price on his daddies head, and everyone laughing cause daddy didn't get Hussein. YES Shrub was the worst to ever live in The White House, that is why we are now stuck with this looser that lives there now. Obama is probably the second worst we've ever had. And now we are asked to choose between clueless and totaly clueless. SUX why don't you just go crawl under a rock?
It isn't about the earth dummy. It is about human civilization as we know it and climate change.

The earth is a molten rock, it does not care whether there are massive storms, rising sea levels, 120 degree rainfall, drought or fires. WE CARE.

Ok, maybe you are still suicidal and do not care. Oh yeah, Ron Paul doesn't care about you and takes Social Security.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13796 Aug 20, 2012
Just the facts wrote:
Ronnie Bongo Reagan: Turned the USA from the World's largest creditor into the World's largest debtor.

The Stock Market favors DEMOCRATIC Presidents over REPUBLISCUM Presidents 5 to 1.

The largest increases in GOVERNMENT came under: GW Bush and Reagan. The smallest increases in GOVERNMENT came under: Obama and Clinton.

The GOPUX's Romney has an impressive list of accomplishments:

- is guilty of felonies/fraud/lying about when he left Bain

- may be guilty of multiple felonies by dodging taxes overseas for years

- may be guilty of VOTER FRAUD by lying about his state of residence

- may have paid ZERO taxes for 10-12 years

Why doesn't the POS release his tax returns? Maybe HE CANNOT. The tax returns are so toxic that Ann ****face Romney says they provide AMMUNITION for the Democrats.

What Ammunition Ann you ****face pig?
Just the facts

De Leon, TX

#13797 Aug 20, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronnie Bongo Reagan: Turned the USA from the World's largest creditor into the World's largest debtor.
The Stock Market favors DEMOCRATIC Presidents over REPUBLISCUM Presidents 5 to 1.
The largest increases in GOVERNMENT came under: GW Bush and Reagan. The smallest increases in GOVERNMENT came under: Obama and Clinton.
The GOPUX's Romney has an impressive list of accomplishments:
- is guilty of felonies/fraud/lying about when he left Bain
- may be guilty of multiple felonies by dodging taxes overseas for years
- may be guilty of VOTER FRAUD by lying about his state of residence
- may have paid ZERO taxes for 10-12 years
Why doesn't the POS release his tax returns? Maybe HE CANNOT. The tax returns are so toxic that Ann ****face Romney says they provide AMMUNITION for the Democrats.
What Ammunition Ann you ****face pig?
Wow, you really have a nasty mouth. You seem to really have a huge problem with females. You sure had to use the term "may be" a lot. What's up with that? You mean you have doubts about the lies Obama is telling you?
If Romney hasn't paid any taxes in 10-12 years, don't you figure the IRS would be involved by now? Your arguments are extremely weak.
Waco 1954

United States

#13798 Aug 20, 2012
helpful wrote:
<quoted text>....people better remember theses facts when they go to vote this time. Foolish people whom never cared to actually look at his friends lists etc. AND never cared what HIS only job was-VOTED for the man! UNBELIEVEABLE! WE are all paying dearly for such ignorance too!
You just don't get it.You choose to ignore the damage the republicans have and are doing.are you blind? The republican legislature in north Carolina just laid off 12,000 teachers in a state that lags behind must others in education.Then...they gave attorneys in law firms a 50,000$ tax break.But...republicans are perfect? Most of the DEFICIT WAS ALREADY IN PLACE when Obama became president! BUSH....8 years..remember? BOTH parties have to be held accountable! We aren't talking about your favorite football team here people...right or wrong! As l as experience...how many years of Presidential experience does ROMNEY have? You DO KNOW THAT OBAMACARE is based on ROMNEYCARE don't you? Don't just read a republican or democratic LINK and think you have the truth! You have to use unbiased sources.Otherwise we ate all just dancing to their tune.Think for Ourselves!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Stockton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank you city council 11 hr Appalled at FS 12
united country 23 hr llc 1
JWs (Aug '15) 23 hr Not a JW 14
Jesse quintela Wed umm 10
Mark (Derek) Olvera Mon Felicia 1
new hot couple Jason Hughes & Cindy. Aug 21 Jason 6
Why are so many women of Ft.Stockton FAT???? (Jul '10) Aug 19 Low rider 102

Fort Stockton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance