RT Stand

United States

#1 Feb 17, 2013
You know what makes me sick....

Can our "fine" , "responsible", and most important.... "ELECTED" officials answer this question.

Why should us tax payers be responsible for probation officers to be able to use the county vehicles us tax payers pay for, not to mention the gas and the maintenance. That's right these people use our county vehicles for personal use. They go to Wal-Mart, Lowes, church, and anywhere they want to go to take care of their personal business all at the expense of us tax payers.

This is known as a, "fleecing of small town America". I challenge you the elected officials to make sure this abuse of public funds stop. In actuality this is considered a "gift of public funds". Which is against the law. So who is going to take responsibility for this. The county commissioners, county judge, or the people voting for these officials.

Sad day in Pecos County....where is the government transparency.

RTS
voter

Odessa, TX

#2 Feb 17, 2013
Pretty interesting, would anyone know if this is true?
Non yours

Lampasas, TX

#3 Feb 18, 2013
How bout you mind your buisness and lets talk about the sheriff and city cops riding up and down picking up kids and going to functions. Let's disect this a lil more adult probation has vihichles too and some unmarked so you don't even know it's them. Let's go one further how bout them using their emergency lights to speed thru trafic lights. Let me see what else of I know they go to lunch on company dime. Yep you heard it here the whole lot take advantage in every job trouble is you have nothing better to do and your next stop should be confession you honest to God Christian. Oh wait Christian's don't believe in idol gossip. Get off topix and get a job really! Dumb ass!
Pathetic

Fort Stockton, TX

#4 Feb 18, 2013
Get your facts straight! The probation department is NOT funded by county monies. They are grant funded. The director of the probation department makes the call as to how those vehicles can be used. Call him and complain to him.
man of the cloth

Kemp, TX

#5 Feb 18, 2013
I seriously doubt that they are 100% funded by a grant. Although I do agree with the first post, not sure why they should use there vehicles for personal use. They might be allowed to, although it's not right.

Oh and by the way, most of those government grants are funded by, yep you guessed it, taxes.
Citizen

Fort Stockton, TX

#6 Feb 19, 2013
I'm not going to even go into the depths of the sheriff's dept and corruption, but their vehicles can be seen anywhere and everywhere, being used for personal use. My bigger problem is with the excessive speed displayed by the Pecos County Sherrif's vehicles; not even DPS (who's integrity I put much more faith in) or FSPD use the excessive speed that Pecos County Sherrifs use. I wish I had a radar gun, because I know there's been times I've seen PCSO going in excess of 80 down Dickinson. It's one thing if they are on I-10 or Hwys 285, 385, or FM 1053, but there should be more reasonable judgment used on Dickinson. I know, some of you are going to say "If you were the one on the other end of the emergency, you would want them to get there fast", but not at the cost of risking another life. One day, mark my word, there will be a HORRIBLE accident and death on Dickinson resulting from excessive speed used by a Pecos County Sherrif's officer. In operating an authorized emergency vehicle the operator may: exceed a maximum speed limit, except as provided by an ordinance adopted under Section 545.365, as long as the operator does not endanger life or property. The speeds being displayed DO endanger life. And back to the subject at hand, yes, you do see Pecos County Sherrif's Dept vehicles being used for many personal reasons: grocery store, fast food restaurants, banks, etc. Again, you don't see DPS nor FSPD vehicles being used near as much for personal use as you do PCSO vehicles. I'm not a LEO basher, and have much respect for all LEOs, but the sherrif's department seems to be "untouchable".
Pathetic

Fort Stockton, TX

#7 Feb 19, 2013
Like I said, if you have a problem with the Probation Officers using the Probation Department's vehicles for personal use, then take it up with the Director. I'm sure he will be more than happy to tell you where, why and how YOUR money is being spent.
SMFH

United States

#8 Feb 19, 2013
BLAH BLAH BLAH. Ya'll know if you could do it you would so STFU.
wow

Grand Prairie, TX

#9 Feb 19, 2013
Pathetic wrote:
Like I said, if you have a problem with the Probation Officers using the Probation Department's vehicles for personal use, then take it up with the Director. I'm sure he will be more than happy to tell you where, why and how YOUR money is being spent.
It doesn't make it right. That money could be used to help the people on probation as opposed for personal gains. But I guess if there is a grant for normal, capable, and able people to use money to fund there personal endeavors as opposed to what the grant is intended for, then more power to them. Still doesn't make it right. And just because its always been that way doesn't make it right. As far as taking it up with the director, well you hope that they as a governmental employee do what's best for the organization and their clients and not themselves, or for any personal gain. I have to agree its not right.
Pathetic

Fort Stockton, TX

#10 Feb 19, 2013
You really have no idea what these Probation Officers and counselors get paid. It's not very much so the director instead compensates them by allowing them to use the department vehicles. It's not a crime or even an ethical matter. It's just you having a grudge over something that is not of consequence. You really have no clue at all. These people work way too hard and get little compensation. And they deal with OFFENDERS. And some of them should be behind bars. Truth be told. It's not an easy job working with criminals everyday!
Really

Canyon Lake, TX

#11 Feb 19, 2013
You know, so because they don't get paid enough they should be allowed to use "grant" money (in reality our own taxes) for personal use/gain. For one to say they don't get paid enough, well that's everyone. Ask anyone if they get paid enough, they don't. Compensation is not an excuse for using "grant" money (still our tax money) for personal use. I got an idea, get a part time job. As far as being an ethical matter, that's really an opinion. Although I have a feeling most people would agree with RT Stand. I'm glad they work hard, oh wait there supposed to, still no excuse for using "grant" money (our tax money, however you say it. Hello, they knew going into the job they are working with offenders, if they don't like it then maybe they should look for another job. Still doesn't make it right to use "grant" money for personal use. Yep, I would call this a fleecing of America. Hope the county official or the grant owners look into this.
hmm

Irving, TX

#12 Feb 19, 2013
Funny how idiots think grant money just appears via the easter bunny or somethin. That money still comes from tax money just in a different form
bahaha

Irving, TX

#13 Feb 19, 2013
Well if I was a probation officer id say thank you tax payers and shove your money up my a$$ too. And you can't tell me that if you didn't have the opportunity you wouldn't either. Hypocrites !! Build a bridge and get over it.
Pathetic

Fort Stockton, TX

#14 Feb 19, 2013
If you are so concerned about your money, then run for office. Have the director fired and fix ALL the problems yourself. Like I said, you really have no clue. Get off your soap box and fix the problem and quit bitching about it. Lets see how far you get!!!
news tonight

Kemp, TX

#15 Feb 19, 2013
Did you guys see what happened in Alpine tonight. That's right government fleecing at it's finest. In fact ask Jessie Jackson, its a matter of how long people will put up with this kind of government spending for personal use. I too concur, its as simple as parking the probation vehicle and using your own when you're not working or on official business. It does look a little questionable if their using the vehicles for personal use. You know think about this one, how come we lost the juvenile detention center here...was it so that the so called "grant" money also known as tax money be used so that probation vehicles could be used for personal business. Just a thought.
appalled

Odessa, TX

#16 Feb 19, 2013
Pathetic wrote:
If you are so concerned about your money, then run for office. Have the director fired and fix ALL the problems yourself. Like I said, you really have no clue. Get off your soap box and fix the problem and quit bitching about it. Lets see how far you get!!!
I can't believe you can actually think and believe that they can use their vehicles for personal use. Now for business,no problem but for personal stuff unrelated to their job. Nope not good at all. Just my opinion.
Pathetic

Fort Stockton, TX

#17 Feb 19, 2013
Y'all act like these people are taking vacations in the vehicles. They are stopping at Walmart on their way home. They are dropping their children off at school before heading to work.
And believe me, I'm not an idiot that thinks grant money comes from the Easter Bunny. I know where the money comes from. I was correcting the statement that the Probation Department was Pecos County funded.
If you want change, then do something about it. Complaining on FB won't solve the problems you are having.
Time wasters

Odessa, TX

#18 Feb 19, 2013
Officers are officers 24hrs a day 7 days a week. The use of patrol vehicles is a department desicion. How many times do you notice a cop and gently reach over and put on your seat belt. Or slow your speed. I admit I do it. Doesn't matter if I can see them with a uniform or not. Thats the reason alot of dept. have this custom. Also maybe some of you don't read the news but alot of off duty officers in their patrol units assist in alot of ways such as aiding other officers, traffic accidents and ect. Always see alot of crybabies thinking your little tax money is going to waste(By the way cops pay taxes too!)Maybe the fleecing of your tax dollar should be more looked at such as people cheating for welfare and foodstamps. But no, our more worried about a cop going to wal mart.
I'm glad they have this implemented and hope more departments do the same. I always feel more comfortable knowing an officer is around either on duty or off. Such an ati-law enforcement town. Grow up!! Why dont you talk about the County Auditor who drives back and forth from greenwood on county gas..hmm
Citizen cane

Odessa, TX

#19 Feb 19, 2013
Citizen wrote:
I'm not going to even go into the depths of the sheriff's dept and corruption, but their vehicles can be seen anywhere and everywhere, being used for personal use. My bigger problem is with the excessive speed displayed by the Pecos County Sherrif's vehicles; not even DPS (who's integrity I put much more faith in) or FSPD use the excessive speed that Pecos County Sherrifs use. I wish I had a radar gun, because I know there's been times I've seen PCSO going in excess of 80 down Dickinson. It's one thing if they are on I-10 or Hwys 285, 385, or FM 1053, but there should be more reasonable judgment used on Dickinson. I know, some of you are going to say "If you were the one on the other end of the emergency, you would want them to get there fast", but not at the cost of risking another life. One day, mark my word, there will be a HORRIBLE accident and death on Dickinson resulting from excessive speed used by a Pecos County Sherrif's officer. In operating an authorized emergency vehicle the operator may: exceed a maximum speed limit, except as provided by an ordinance adopted under Section 545.365, as long as the operator does not endanger life or property. The speeds being displayed DO endanger life. And back to the subject at hand, yes, you do see Pecos County Sherrif's Dept vehicles being used for many personal reasons: grocery store, fast food restaurants, banks, etc. Again, you don't see DPS nor FSPD vehicles being used near as much for personal use as you do PCSO vehicles. I'm not a LEO basher, and have much respect for all LEOs, but the sherrif's department seems to be "untouchable".
Seems like you must be mad at a Deputy who boned you.Why don't you post what Section 545.365 is? I have never seen any cop, deputy or dps going 80 down dickinson. Oh but you would know cause your the speed expert. Next time just get the hell out of the way like your supposed to so they can do their job idoit
Trajedy

Odessa, TX

#20 Mar 6, 2013
Where does the buck stop?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Stockton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where is he 4 hr interested 4
where can you find K2 or other synthetic weed? (Apr '12) 5 hr lookin 89
diavi Gonzales 7 hr si senor 4
cheating bar wives 9 hr interested 6
Yellow Camaro Sat Real mens toys 5
looking for Imelda Benavides Ortega (Sep '11) Dec 23 lmao 35
Review: El Buen Vecino Dec 22 El Vato de GFW 5
Fort Stockton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fort Stockton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Stockton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Stockton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:43 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:43PM
Cowboys Hitting Super Bowl-Worthy Stride
Bleacher Report 4:02 PM
Grading Houston's Positional Units in Week 17
Bleacher Report 4:32 PM
Making the Case for Watt as MVP
ESPN 5:24 PM
Jerry Jones: 'Nobody knows' his Bryant concerns
Bleacher Report 6:50 PM
Is This Dallas' Best Chance at Super Bowl During Romo Era?