Should they delay school tomorrow bec...

Should they delay school tomorrow because of the record cold temps?

Posted in the Fort Stockton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
parent

United States

#1 Feb 2, 2011
?
just saying

Midland, TX

#2 Feb 2, 2011
No.
1 more x

United States

#3 Feb 3, 2011
They shouldn't of gone 2day. Don't they have bad weather days?
Pseudonym

United States

#4 Feb 3, 2011
yes we don't own a new car like most people that will work in single digit weather. It takes up to half a gallon just to get the vehicle warm and ready to go. More gas. More money. Well as far as snow days i believe its one but theyr always used on teacher meetings.
VALENTINO

Fort Stockton, TX

#5 Dec 5, 2011
does FORT.STOCKTON have school tommrow
Judge Dredd

Fort Stockton, TX

#6 Dec 5, 2011
I agree with psedo they did not have tutorials "because of the ice on the road" then I take my child wont go tomorrow either because of the ice on the roads in the morning. the 10:00 am delay doesn't work for me either its either yes or no.
Judge Dredd

Fort Stockton, TX

#7 Dec 5, 2011
Apache Parent

United States

#8 Dec 5, 2011
We got a phone call from Apache Elementary earlier in the evening to let us know to basically watch TV, or listen to the radio about school tomorrow. Why can't they make up their minds before we wake up our kids? Such a pain in the a$$! Like we really needed the phone call? I guess some people don't realize as parents we need to watch tv, or kfst about school being closed, or starting late? We'll see in the morning ...
ommfg

United States

#9 Dec 6, 2011
Quit being lazy..get outta bed & drive your kids to school! Get up in the morning before waking up your kids go outside & Start your car so it could warm up! It's not that big of deal!
MAG

United States

#10 Dec 6, 2011
Really?! People are complainig about not going to school cause its to COLD! What next in May your not going to take your kids because its to HOT!
Judge Dredd

Fort Stockton, TX

#11 Dec 6, 2011
Dump your kids everyday seems to be your routine so I take a day with them hurts your cold heart and your wallet go figure.
yup

United States

#12 Dec 7, 2011
Record cold? Not even close. Does nobody remember it was 3 degrees for three straight days last year?
woman guy

United States

#13 Dec 7, 2011
is it cold in schol ? why is it cold ? my frien don like cold . i like snow so it is cold to go out in snow .
ommfg

San Antonio, TX

#14 Dec 7, 2011
Judge Dredd wrote:
Dump your kids everyday seems to be your routine so I take a day with them hurts your cold heart and your wallet go figure.
it's not dumping them..it's simply making sure their at school everyday getting the education they need instead letting them stay home because YOUR too cold to take them. You have all afternoon to spend with them after school! Sheeesh!
Judge Dredd

Fort Stockton, TX

#15 Dec 8, 2011
Your parents should have followed your own advise since my post shows nowhere in it that I mentioned I was cold. REREAD or STOP and THINK before you post. XD
hello75

United States

#16 Dec 8, 2011
Cancel or delay school cause of the cold?? Are you freaking kidding me?? Come on people quit being wennies and get your kids to school, the cold here aint nothing to what's up north. Looks like somebody needs something to cry about. Suck it up and do what needs to be done! Nobodys gonna give you anything in this world so stop crying and just do it
hello75

United States

#17 Dec 8, 2011
And the roads were not slick either, I was headed to hunt at 6 am and it was dry, this country is starting to be full of sissies
Judge Dredd

Fort Stockton, TX

#18 Dec 8, 2011
try telling that to the FSISD @ h75
hello75

United States

#19 Dec 8, 2011
Judge Dredd wrote:
try telling that to the FSISD @ h75
Its not the school whining, its the parents finding something to cry about
Judge Dredd

Fort Stockton, TX

#20 Dec 8, 2011
Last time I checked people at the school were parents as well. When will people learn to look outside the box? this thread is done..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Stockton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men who cheat should be outed! 9 hr Georgie 1
Fast muscle cars (May '16) 10 hr El Maruffo 8
They're here! 17 hr Sad but true 12
Helicopters 21 hr ted 6
Erica Arcides Fri Funny 3
School uniform (Jul '10) Fri Single mom 7
If you are bored and Need something to do.. (Jul '10) Thu El Maruffo 6

Fort Stockton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance