school cell phone policy

Posted in the Fort Stockton Forum

want to know

Dallas, TX

#1 Mar 4, 2013
Does anyone know what the school cell phone policy is?
HS parent

Odessa, TX

#2 Mar 4, 2013
Not in school, that for sure. Kids need to be working on school work and not tempted with a phone. I told both my kids in high school, leave it in your locker, if not leave it at home. Kids have enough distractions, why make it harder on them and the teachers trying to teach.
HS parent

Odessa, TX

#3 Mar 4, 2013
Not in school, that for sure. Kids need to be working on school work and not tempted with a phone. I told both my kids in high school, leave it in your locker, if not leave it at home. Kids have enough distractions, why make it harder on them and the teachers trying to teach.
honeybee

Pasadena, TX

#4 Mar 4, 2013
No. They need their phones! We live in a time that emergencies happen to often ie school shootings.

They need to be able to call 911. They need to call their parents. I used to feel the same way, no phones in school. Now, i believe the kids need them now more than ever.
hum

Odessa, TX

#5 Mar 5, 2013
honeybee wrote:
No. They need their phones! We live in a time that emergencies happen to often ie school shootings.
They need to be able to call 911. They need to call their parents. I used to feel the same way, no phones in school. Now, i believe the kids need them now more than ever.
Don't the teachers have phones to call if there is a problem? I hate to say this but for my kids I told them, if something goes wrong, the priority is to be safe and be smart, and not communicate but to stay alive. Think about it, why waste time and effort on the phone, when survival is the most important thing at that point. I know I would want to know what is going on, although that's secondary to being safe and surviving. The phone isn't going to keep them alive, in fact the more I thought about it from a previous post, the phone would be a distraction to the priority of being safe.
Can you believe

Midland, TX

#6 May 25, 2013
The principal isn't going to let the graduates have their phones for graduation. Talk about a control freak!
say it again

Fort Stockton, TX

#7 May 25, 2013
Can you believe wrote:
The principal isn't going to let the graduates have their phones for graduation. Talk about a control freak!
someone needs to have some control because the parents of many kids have lost control. if there was more parental guidance, the teachers and school administration could focus more on education. stop feeling like everyone is doing your child an injustice and start supporting school policies and efforts to educate your kids...
I agree 2

Longview, TX

#8 May 26, 2013
say it again wrote:
<quoted text>
someone needs to have some control because the parents of many kids have lost control. if there was more parental guidance, the teachers and school administration could focus more on education. stop feeling like everyone is doing your child an injustice and start supporting school policies and efforts to educate your kids...

I agree 100%. These kids need to take graduation serious. They can live without their phones for 2 hours. If they can't then shame on the parents. Kudos to the principal trying to teach kids some social morals.
No kidding

Midland, TX

#9 May 26, 2013
I agree 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%. These kids need to take graduation serious. They can live without their phones for 2 hours. If they can't then shame on the parents. Kudos to the principal trying to teach kids some social morals.
Unfortunately the school having to do this is having to teach morals to the parents. I give the administrator credit for trying to instill in kids things parents should have already done. Oh And I feel that if someone doesn't like the rules, don't go to graduation, simple as that. They should stay home and follow their own rules. Wow, how times have changed
hey

Lampasas, TX

#10 May 27, 2013
First off, unless the kids have a job to pay for their own phone they shouldn't have one period. Mine sure as hell wont. Sure wouldn't buy kids these smart phones nowadays. If I was ever to buy my kids one itd be one of them old ppl style jitter bug phones. No texting, pics or Internet.
In the school: is gladly offset up ISS for the first time one did come out of a locker, and full on suspension for the 2nd offense. The schools around here need to take control or you wind up with schools like Alamo. There the principal has her staff hating her to the point they're all lining up new jobs, yet shes so scared of upsetting parents she allows violent obscene parents to even sit in class with their kids!! WTF.
Truth

San Antonio, TX

#11 May 30, 2013
We all grew up without cell phones and we were all fine. Kids don't need phones and they definitely don't need them at school. Wake up parents!
Hello75

Fort Stockton, TX

#12 May 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
We all grew up without cell phones and we were all fine. Kids don't need phones and they definitely don't need them at school. Wake up parents!
Agreed!! To many parents here cry cry cry over the dumbest crap!! Kids dont need a phone, we didnt an we did just fine. In an emergency? That all ya need is hundreds of parents showing up and getting in the way. They dont understand that, too concerned about whining over dumb crap
Saw it with my own eyes

Midland, TX

#13 Jun 8, 2013
Can you believe wrote:
Glad he did, they can live without a phone for a few hours. Not having any distractions made it a good ceremony. Great speeches too. It is nice to see Fort Stockton has class. I've been to many graduations in other towns including Fort Stockton throughout the years and I appauled the behavior of the students and audience last night. It was quite evident that those seniors were respectful to themselves, the school, and their families. Kudos to the principal, the school, the parents, the audience and to the graduating class of 2013. You made this graduation a most memorable one, and one to be proud of.
SR 1977

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Stockton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
karen courtney (Feb '12) 6 hr VALERIE CORRAL 30
valerie corral 6 hr VALERIE CORRAL 9
Swingers in Ft.Stockton (Jun '12) 14 hr why you jealous 28
who's the cute new cop in town??? Sat curious 1
Walking around Nude in front of Friends (Nov '11) Sat ex-Sailor 14
WHAT r u going to do Fsisd Sat ex-Sailor 5
cynthia gonzalez (Jul '10) Fri Curious 45
Fort Stockton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web