Myers scheduled for pre-trial hearing March 24

Jan 17, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fort Stockton Pioneer

A pre-trial hearing for David Myers, charged with capital murder in the shooting death of Drew Slater, has been set for 10 a.m. March 24 in 112th District Court of Pecos County, according to information ...

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Jun 26, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jake

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

My Name is Jake, I was good friends with drew, we grew up in the same small town graduated togather. His parents are great people contributing to the local FFA and 4H. Drew was one of those type of guys that you never got mad at. He was a happy go lucky kinda guy. Never started any trouble and was the first person to step up and help no matter who needed it. David Meyers, there is a special place in hell for you You took away one of this worlds truley good people. I hope u rot away in jail and look forward to the day when u get to meet the devil himself and get what you desurve in the end. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Slater Family.
BHS

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Judged:

You are completely right. David Meyers deserves to spend the rest of his miserable life in prison. I hope he dies a slow and painful death, and that God gives him what he deserves. There really is a place in hell already reserved for this guy.

Drew was one of the most caring and loving people I've ever had the privilege to know. My prayers are with his wife and family.
Jeff Slater

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

It's been a long time since I've looked sites that carried any news about Drew's death. I don't know who you are, Jake and BHS, but thank you for remembering Drew and saying such kind things about him.

His Dad
penny darling

Hecla, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

please have drews parents contact me i need some information about his child and girlfriend.
Stockton buisness person

Odessa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

I hope that the info on his trial is inaccurate.If the DA is only going for life without parole,the District is in desperate need of a new DA.
An open and shut case as strong as this needs the death penalty and NOTHING less!
Scum like him and his accomplice deserve nothing better.
Absolutely Nothing less!
devil

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

it is to be said i am here who
wants me ??????????
Heather

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Drew - one of the nicest guys I ever met and probably my only real friend where we worked in Lubbock. I still have my "Don't Be A Hater, Vote Drew Slater" shirt and wear it often in rememberance of him. He was such a sweet guy. I hope that when this trial comes about in July, that this David Myers guy gets life in prison with no parole.
Anonymous

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

I Understand ALL of your hate towards David! There is no justification what so EVER for what happened. I shake as I write this because I am one person that loves him with all my heart and will NEVER understand what he has done...not EVER!!!! When I first found out, I thought..."NO WAY would David EVER do this"...then the more news I heard, and the more it became reality! It hurt SO much to find out! David is my brother...and it F***S ME UP SO MUCH to know what he has done. THERE IS NO WORDS THAT CAN EVER DESCRIBE HOW F****D UP IT IS> I have a family. And we are happy. We have shit from the past that we had to grow up with. David was beat to no end as a child, we were ALL abused so badly! But like i said...There is NO JUSTIFICATION! David was adopted at 4 due to drugs and alcohol, abused, and abandoned at a very young age...never had a chance in hell. Go ahead, say he deserves it but do this one thing...NEVER EVER FORGET that if you are a parent, take care of your kids! Love them no matter what it takes! And if they have mental problems, love them, and get them the help they need as soon as you know there is a possibility of any problems! There were three of us! One...a murderer, one an alcoholic that has lost her kids, and there is ME. I work hard EVERY single day of my life to make sure that that cycle of abuse is broken! I'm so sorry to the Slater family...God you have NO idea. I wish I knew who you were. But even if I did, it wouldnt bring him back. But PLEASE realise I had nothing to do with this and that for years up until what happened happened, I had VERY little to do with David. But with everything in me...I am TRULY sorry, and will never ever understand the reasoning behind what has happened.
player

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

its old news
Boerne

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2010

This is not "old news" to those of us who knew and loved Drew. Not a day goes by that I don't think about Drew and his poor family that had to endure this unthinkable pain. Drew was probably the nicest person I have ever met. He cared for everyone and always made everyone feel very welcome around him. Drew was truly a gift from God. Every time our group from high school gets together, we talk and reminisce our stories about Drew. We just love him and miss him so incredibly much.
Mr. and Mrs. Slater, you raised two of the greatest and sweetest sons I have ever met. I am so sorry for all that you have been through and I hope one day you can find peace knowing that Drew is up in Heaven smiling down on y'all.
Rev Mat

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

penny darling wrote:
please have drews parents contact me i need some information about his child and girlfriend.
Did you find what you were looking for?
Donald Mark Foster

Odessa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Myers needs to fry.It should be broadcast over national TV so everyone watching will see real justice done.
To see members of my family so distraught over Drews passing,had a major impact on my family.
I never had the opportunity to meet him,but have never heard a bad word about him,which says a lot.
When people such as Drew and his family come to a good community,Ft.Stockton,and try to help the town,only to have heartbreak and sorrow bestowed upon them in the worst way,Justice needs to be swift and restore what was sadly taken away.
Best wishes to all the families involved.
Yes,this is my name as posted.Regards
Michelle

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Anonymous wrote:
I Understand ALL of your hate towards David! There is no justification what so EVER for what happened. I shake as I write this because I am one person that loves him with all my heart and will NEVER understand what he has done...not EVER!!!! When I first found out, I thought..."NO WAY would David EVER do this"...then the more news I heard, and the more it became reality! It hurt SO much to find out! David is my brother...and it F***S ME UP SO MUCH to know what he has done. THERE IS NO WORDS THAT CAN EVER DESCRIBE HOW F****D UP IT IS> I have a family. And we are happy. We have shit from the past that we had to grow up with. David was beat to no end as a child, we were ALL abused so badly! But like i said...There is NO JUSTIFICATION! David was adopted at 4 due to drugs and alcohol, abused, and abandoned at a very young age...never had a chance in hell. Go ahead, say he deserves it but do this one thing...NEVER EVER FORGET that if you are a parent, take care of your kids! Love them no matter what it takes! And if they have mental problems, love them, and get them the help they need as soon as you know there is a possibility of any problems! There were three of us! One...a murderer, one an alcoholic that has lost her kids, and there is ME. I work hard EVERY single day of my life to make sure that that cycle of abuse is broken! I'm so sorry to the Slater family...God you have NO idea. I wish I knew who you were. But even if I did, it wouldnt bring him back. But PLEASE realise I had nothing to do with this and that for years up until what happened happened, I had VERY little to do with David. But with everything in me...I am TRULY sorry, and will never ever understand the reasoning behind what has happened.
All of what you said is true. My heart goes out to all of Drew's family & friends. David had problems...but never an excuse. I agree...PARENTS....love, guide & cherish your children.

Please contact me...I have been looking for both of his sisters....skymichelle2002@yah oo.com

Since: Jul 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

I knew both Drew and David. Drew was a wonderful man that would give you anything and he helped David out a few times, but David was not alone! There is so much that is not coming out in all this that needs too. David did not live alone or work alone! The DA needs to look at both and realize he did not work alone or go down alone.
Boerne

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

msthang46 wrote:
I knew both Drew and David. Drew was a wonderful man that would give you anything and he helped David out a few times, but David was not alone! There is so much that is not coming out in all this that needs too. David did not live alone or work alone! The DA needs to look at both and realize he did not work alone or go down alone.
^^What does this even mean? He didn't "work alone or go down alone"? That makes absolutely no sense.
Boerne

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE!! He doesn't even deserve to live but it's over, he is behind bars forever.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

There is no excuse for what David did, no justification, and obviously nothing to be said or done to change it and give Drew's family the comfort of having their loved one back. But throwing hate does not do any good, either. Celebrate Drew's life, by all means express love and send prayers for his family, but also remember that David has a family too, who love him very much, and are just as appalled by what happened and hurting right along with everyone else - not only for Drew and his family, but also for the fact that it was their loved one that took him away.

I can't say anything here to soften the blow or deminish the hatred toward my brother, and really, I can't blame you. I didn't grow up with David, there's a long, screwed up family history involved that isn't my place to tell. But he is still my brother, and while there isn't ANY justification for what happened, I do know that there is far more to the story than has been told, and after seeing so many hate filled comments, I had to respond.

Drew's family and friends, you are in my prayers, and I hope that everyone can find some peace. God bless.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Sorry for the double post, computer's on the fritz.
Borene TX

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

^^^To the comment above (David's brother)..

That is how YOU feel. I am sorry that your brother is a murdering low-life that took a wonderful man from this Earth but do not sit here and tell people how to feel or even dare judge them for how they feel. We all send prayers to Drew and his entire family and have and will continue to celebrate his life, but nothing but hatred is sent to your brother for the pain and suffering he has caused. There is ABSOLUTELY NO excuse for what he has done. As much as I hate your brother, I will not let this hate consume me, for I am better than that, but do not tell me how to feel.

There is not MORE to this story than what has been told. I am a friend of the family so I know that to be the case. Drew did nothing but help your brother in several times of need and this was how your brother chose to repay Drew; by taking him from all that loved him so very much.

Drew was one of the best people I have ever known and I am grateful every single day for 7 short the years I was able to share with him. I love Drew and miss him every single solitary day. I can say with absolute certainty that Drew is up in heaven with God and his treasures up there are great. I cannot say the same for David, for he will be sharing his time later on with the devil himself and may he spend an eternity burning in Hell.
Borene TX

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Jeff Slater wrote:
It's been a long time since I've looked sites that carried any news about Drew's death. I don't know who you are, Jake and BHS, but thank you for remembering Drew and saying such kind things about him.
His Dad
I am so sorry for your loss. May you and your family find peace and comfort knowing that Drew is up in Heaven smiling down on y'all. Drew was a wonderful man. I miss him and think about him every single day. It pains me to see such a wonderful family caught up in the hurt and sadness of such a senseless act. God bless you and your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Fort Stockton Forum right now

Search the Fort Stockton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr why 21,429
6 pack bi guys 3 hr hahaaaa 5
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr What I say xoxo 17,029
FB bad service page 6 hr flaco 10
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) 7 hr nina roth 595
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 9 hr Gasman 754
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 9 hr Gasman 499
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Stockton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Stockton People Search