wats up wit teenage girls getting pre...

wats up wit teenage girls getting pregnant?

Posted in the Fort Stockton Forum

pepper

United States

#1 Jul 2, 2010
There is way to many
player

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Jul 2, 2010
r u talking about this town or this area
and i blame it on hanna monatna
but need less to say i think teenage preg.
has been a issue for a long time but know is making its way to the light .
pepper

United States

#3 Jul 2, 2010
Yes fs Hannah Montana seriously? She is growing up she is no longer disneys child star!
player

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Jul 2, 2010
she is still a child and the sad part is the masses of young childern follow her foot steps
look at lindsy lohan and the orther disney star that sent nude pics and shot down her own career do you know want to comment and yes back in the say the girls were doing the same thing know the differance is there is no respect . a girl back then would humble her self and know girls talk smack.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Jul 3, 2010
The teenage girls in this town are influenced by the cheating wives that they call there mothers " she get it from her mama" goes that song . Mama got prego at the age there duaghter at right now but mama still going out with boys about her sons age so boy toy get a peace of mama cow and the caf. Jerry springer show
player

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Jul 3, 2010
thats funny
snakebytn

United States

#7 Jul 12, 2010
Back when i wuz n school it wuz like an embarressment 2 b prego...like a sin even...but now a days its like a damn fashion statement...
love hate

United States

#8 Jul 13, 2010
One year it was a Damn lap dog, now its a baby,
humm

Mccamey, TX

#9 Jul 19, 2010
I think A LOT of it has to do with the parents not being responsible and actually keeping their children from becomming pregnant or getting someone pregnant!! While all of their parents are out at Angels or the dances what do they think their children are doing?? Also come on has anyone been to The Plaza your 13 yr could get pregnant there. Parents just drop their kids off there, there are tons of kids there, only a few employes, its a family place not a daycare.
WynnDee

United States

#11 Jul 22, 2010
HELLO!!! Look at the length of the cheerleading skirts, other girls skirts, shorts, and skimpy little shirts. What is up with everyone griping about this but they aren't looking at the clothes? In high school and middle school we had a dress code. The bottom of our butts couldn't be hanging out of the bottom of our skirts or shorts. And we would get sent home if we had a shirt on that looked like some of these girls.
leego

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Jul 22, 2010
It is crazy how many r prego. Some are on the 2nd baby 2 and it is sick how some parent keep supporting the problem like giving them baby shower after baby shower. The first baby ok but the second hell no let them figure it out. All that is doing is making these girls think its ok to keep having kids unmarried and still in high school. So everyone is human and makes mistakes shame on the teenagers the 1st time shame on the teenagers parents the 2nd time.
just saying

Cleburne, TX

#13 Feb 6, 2013
Yup agreed
ok

Mccamey, TX

#14 Feb 6, 2013
just saying wrote:
Yup agreed
Yeah this think its so easy. Well of course it is. They all get Medicaid, food stamps.. Of course it is. They need to get in birth control instead. This is ridiculous
Newtoy

Fort Stockton, TX

#15 Feb 6, 2013
They find physical pleasure and the heck with the rest Girls,you are used,misused,abused and think it is love.WRONG ANSWER.Your life is just starting.Use it wisely .And leave the valley as fast as possible.
cece

Dallas, TX

#16 Feb 8, 2013
It's ridiculous that I work my a** off and pay taxes to support Medicaid and food stamps for irresponsible teenagers and irresponsible parenting !! That's why FS has a ridiculous amount of teenage pregnancies over and over because no one is held accountable. My mom would have beat my a** if I had been a teenage mom . My mom was a teenage mom and that was the last thing she ever wanted for her kids . I went on to get a college education and do something with my life and not repeat my moms life .
1 more x

Fort Stockton, TX

#17 Feb 8, 2013
Well I'm a single mother and I work two jobs. My kids are home alone. Regardless of what I instill in my kids peer pressure has a lot to do with it. I don't go out or drink. But if my kids become pregnant I'm the bad guy cause I was never home?
what

Odessa, TX

#18 Feb 9, 2013
WynnDee wrote:
HELLO!!! Look at the length of the cheerleading skirts, other girls skirts, shorts, and skimpy little shirts. What is up with everyone griping about this but they aren't looking at the clothes? In high school and middle school we had a dress code. The bottom of our butts couldn't be hanging out of the bottom of our skirts or shorts. And we would get sent home if we had a shirt on that looked like some of these girls.
Well I hate to tell you, but there not getting pregnant at school. But its easy to blame the school. Bottom line, parents are the problem.
smdh

Fort Stockton, TX

#19 Feb 9, 2013
1 more x wrote:
Well I'm a single mother and I work two jobs. My kids are home alone. Regardless of what I instill in my kids peer pressure has a lot to do with it. I don't go out or drink. But if my kids become pregnant I'm the bad guy cause I was never home?
Hopefully Parent Pressure and God Pressure overrule peer pressure. Again, the examples you've set and/or the rules you've set are the most important, and if your daughter(s) is not pregnant, then you're doing a fine job. At some point, you've got to have some faith and pray that God is with you and your kids. I think the most important thing is to NEVER think it won't happen, and ALWAYS talk to your daughters about it.

Teen pregnancy really is a life changing event, regardless of what some of these irresponsible teens of today think. To me, it's like they are saying "F You!" to their parents and society, getting pregnant when they KNOW what causes it and they KNOW they can't afford it. No job, no completed education, and a child on the way. Don't feel sorry for them....give them a place to live as long as they are working on completing their education AND WORKING. NO FREE RIDE...STARTING RIGHT AT HOME. They laid there LEGS WIDE OPEN, then they can use those same legs to go to school, work, and take care of their kids. Better those legs be busy anyways if they can't handle idle time or the 2nd child will be on the way. It's a hard life, but one they created and one they NEED to deal with. Why should parents or grandparents take on all the burden...they didn't give it up for a moment of lust or gratification.
Truth

United States

#20 May 20, 2013
Maybe, parents and this whole town should be worried less about stopping kids from having sex, but instead teach them SAFE SEX. Regardless, you cant hold your kids hand every minute of the day, and if you do the second you let them out of sight, you know. I can say that none of the schools in FS taught me anything about being safe. On top of that, parents out there that are too proud to admit that their kids are sexually active, "no my little angel would never do anything like that" and then 9 months later, your little angel pops out another "little blessing".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Stockton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kindness and patience goes a long ways 9 hr REALLY 4
That cracks me up are you serious?!?! 9 hr Frank 6
valerie corral (Jan '15) Wed Im good 74
Hey what's up? Wed bobbybooshay 2
Crystal Sanchez Wed EXX 1
Becky Sanches (Sep '12) Wed Sorry not sorry 23
News George Kurusu indicted on four federal charges. Wed thank u 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Stockton Mortgages