How Ft Stock PD's Failure to Act Let Criminals Cont Their Recent Crime Spree

Posted in the Fort Stockton Forum

Joe

Odessa, TX

#1 Jan 17, 2013
I have a story regarding dealings with law enforcement in a relatively small West TX town of Fort Stockton. Cops are not only out of control due to the militarized mentality, but incompetence is also rife. In our town of about a pop. of 8500 there have been multiple car break ins and home burglaries over the last 6 months. My mom left her cell phone in her vehicle and it was stolen that same night at about 10:30pm. I came up with the idea to send a text message to her phone, because it was still on, stating I owed her $500 and would drop it off at her place of business the next morning and I would have to drop it off before she opened. All this done to hopefully lure the thieves into a trap. I contacted the local police spoke with the Sgt on duty he stated it was a great idea and they would like to be involved. He stated they would have officers near the business the next morning at the time I stated my sister would drop of the money and I described the type of vehicle she would be in. The police and I decided on the amount that would be given in the text and the time of the drop off. I stated I would leave the fake $ envelope in the mailbox. I agreed to this only on the promise the police would indeed be there and my sister would be safe and my mother's business would be safe. The police agreed and stated they would provide enough police to make sure she and the business was safe. So I followed through with the plan, I dropped off the envelope with fake cash in it and I drove off. My mother's role was to just open her business as normal.
Guess what happened next. Absolutely nothing as we waited to hear from the police and as my mother opened her business she checked her mailbox and the envelope was gone. It is safe to say the thieves showed up and took it from the mailbox that very morning. As far as the police and there promise, they never showed up! They left my sister in danger and my mother's business in danger. They did not call to tell me they were cancelling the operation, they did not contact us at all. My mother called them and they played dumb. I tried contacting the police dept, however my calls have never been returned.
Miss Brenda Lou Jackson

United States

#2 Jan 17, 2013
Sounds like you've put your mom and sister in danger all on your own tonto.
Joe

Odessa, TX

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Miss Brenda Lou Jackson wrote:
Sounds like you've put your mom and sister in danger all on your own tonto.
What a moronic sense of logic and resoning Miss Brenda Lou Jackson Shanika.

Yeah when the police thank citizens for reaching out and actually try and help catch criminals and agree and encourage participation. Not only did they help come up with a plan to capture criminals with the help of the public and then those very same police officers blow them off without warning, without reason, yeah its the citizens fault. You must be one of those law enforcement apologists. Police can do no wrong just because they are police. God your a moron.
curious

Fort Stockton, TX

#4 Jan 18, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
What a moronic sense of logic and resoning Miss Brenda Lou Jackson Shanika.
Yeah when the police thank citizens for reaching out and actually try and help catch criminals and agree and encourage participation. Not only did they help come up with a plan to capture criminals with the help of the public and then those very same police officers blow them off without warning, without reason, yeah its the citizens fault. You must be one of those law enforcement apologists. Police can do no wrong just because they are police. God your a moron.
Moron? a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment. Sir, with all due respect, you lacked good judgment. Leaving $500 in an envelope without known surveillance is just plain stupid. at the very least, and with the modern technology of CELL PHONES, some kind of communication with authorities at the time of the money drop to verify their participation would have been smart on your part. As far as I know, the pd is always hiring, and it sounds to me like you want to play detective. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.
lmao

Fort Stockton, TX

#5 Jan 18, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>Moron? a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment. Sir, with all due respect, you lacked good judgment. Leaving $500 in an envelope without known surveillance is just plain stupid. at the very least, and with the modern technology of CELL PHONES, some kind of communication with authorities at the time of the money drop to verify their participation would have been smart on your part. As far as I know, the pd is always hiring, and it sounds to me like you want to play detective. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.
It was fake money from what I read. So maybe you should read carefully before you throw in your 2 pennies.
Sorry

United States

#6 Jan 18, 2013
Joe so sorry to hear that happened to ur mom. We also have been victims of these people we live on Partridge and all this area got hit by these people alot. I just hope and pray that they get caught cuz when they got out of jail it started again so it doesn't take a detective to knw who it is again! We dnt need these kind of people living in our town! They sleep all day and at night they r up and about they strike around 2or3 in the morning!
yup

United States

#7 Jan 18, 2013
Its not just the PD. The very same goes for the sheriffs department. I've had issue with people being in my hnouse and my mothers house as well even though the houses were locked when we left. All they said they could or would do is increase patrols in my area...ha yeah right still haven't seen a sheriff deptuy one out in the area. Very same thing was done about threats made towards me said they couldn't do any thing untill some thing acgtually happend. Very reassuring... no wonder I'm looking to buy a pistol.
Careless ones

Odessa, TX

#8 Jan 19, 2013
Be careful how you criticize the PD. these people have been a problem ever since I have come to this town. The female officer has definite authority issues, another cant keep his hands off other men's wives. It's rampant in this town. The sad thing is I believe what you did was a good idea. But your execution lacked thought. You or another set of eyes should have set up a watch at the mailbox 4 hours before the drop was scheduled and right up to the point where they took the bait. NEVER trust another human to do what YOU YOURSELF CAN DO. If it was an iPhone you should try using the tracker system if not then forget about it. It's gone. Good luck and study the castle law in Texas when u purchase your guns. Stand your ground.
readyaimfire

United States

#9 Jan 19, 2013
I hate to say it, but if have any property stolen from your home you might as well forget about getting back. I don't even think they try to investigate or recover any of your property.
sonia

Ballwin, MO

#10 Jan 20, 2013
readyaimfire wrote:
I hate to say it, but if have any property stolen from your home you might as well forget about getting back. I don't even think they try to investigate or recover any of your property.
Nope I don't think they do either

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Stockton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Capt Cho 18,476
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 6 hr Waco 1909 22,608
bert from stixx 11 hr FSPD 5
what happened to alondra haro?? (Jan '13) 16 hr shes a slut 7
t mobile reception Fri mooreworld 5
Need a 2 bedroom house to rent ASAP Thu yesicanread 1
Dance team Thu pioneer 7
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Pecos County was issued at September 20 at 2:29PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Fort Stockton Jobs

•••