United Blood Services Sold To Red Cross

Full story: 5News KFSM
United Blood Services in Fort Smith which supplies blood to 15 hospitals will transfer its operations to the American Red Cross. Full Story
Regular Donor

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Mar 26, 2010
What about all the regular donors? Not one word to any of us was said about this. We're still more than happy to help, but are we going to be contacted? Will Red Cross still do the machine donations? Will Red Cross still do the company donation days? What about the records? We were pleased at how United handled things and were always clean, professional, and friendly. We were with Red Cross in our old city and they were rude, inefficient, unprofessional, and there were times we hesitated to let them stick us the place was so gross.
lt col hal moore

Fort Smith, AR

#4 Mar 27, 2010
we will go into the battle with our heads held high looking foward to victory we my lose some commrads along the way but at the end of this battle victory is our only creed.
Roy

United States

#5 Mar 29, 2010
I still remember the First Pint I donated in 1973; an who poked me Jan Davis.
I had donated 25gals there in FSM before moving to Oklahoma. There is UBS in Tulsa but I'd have to drive 50mi so I donate at RC BIG MISTAKE. They missed the vein insteed of going to the other arm they went digging to get it start running again. My arm the next day was SORE and PURPLE. Needless to say I DO NOT WILL NOT DONATE WITH RC EVER AGAIN. I just drive the 50mi every 8wks.
If I ever move back to FSM I wont be donating that is for sure.
Frank Rader

Scottsdale, AZ

#6 Apr 5, 2010
Roy, I work for United Blood Services and even though the Red Cross is a competitor, they are professional and competent and I urge you not to let one bad experience turn you off from donating.

And thank you for your continuing support of your community blood supply.
Roy wrote:
I still remember the First Pint I donated in 1973; an who poked me Jan Davis.
I had donated 25gals there in FSM before moving to Oklahoma. There is UBS in Tulsa but I'd have to drive 50mi so I donate at RC BIG MISTAKE. They missed the vein insteed of going to the other arm they went digging to get it start running again. My arm the next day was SORE and PURPLE. Needless to say I DO NOT WILL NOT DONATE WITH RC EVER AGAIN. I just drive the 50mi every 8wks.
If I ever move back to FSM I wont be donating that is for sure.
Wilma

Mount Holly, NJ

#9 May 12, 2010
shortly before earthquake in haiti American Red Cross was in Washington begging for money, they said they was going broke. They even had teamsters in Philly going on strike since they said they was broke. Suddenly after millions of dollars in donations for Haiti they have the money to buy another blood bank. How convenient! Reminds me of the CEOs and the banks. Is anybody watching the candy jar as hands conveniently go in & out? Or do anybody ask them questions on how the money is spent. Or how they even have enough money to buy another lab? Sounds like same attitude that brought down our economy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 49 min show me 30,151
Mastic gum concerns and queries! Important! (Oct '11) Nov 14 kam 12
st Edwards mercy the butcher shop Nov 12 Amazed 5
Fort Smith Water Bill (Feb '12) Nov 8 use your brain 8
horizon Nov 7 BettyBop 1
Crystal lynn Johnson Nov 7 lisa Bailey 1
Monica Wood Physical Therapist Nov 5 Food for thought 1
Fort Smith Dating
Find my Match

Fort Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Smith News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Smith

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:03 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:03AM
Reason Why Justin Houston Has Not Been Paid Yet
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
NFL Predictions Week 12: Can't-Miss Picks and Matchup Guide
Bleacher Report 5:45 AM
Raiders vs. Chiefs Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 12: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Chiefs vs. Raiders
Bleacher Report11:40 AM
Is Romo an MVP Candidate?