Pocola Reserve Officer Accused of Rap...

Pocola Reserve Officer Accused of Raping Teen

There are 32 comments on the 5News KFSM story from Nov 10, 2009, titled Pocola Reserve Officer Accused of Raping Teen. In it, 5News KFSM reports that:

A Pocola restaurant owner and reserve city police officer is facing rape charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5News KFSM.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Junk

Dallas, TX

#2 Nov 10, 2009
The "relationship" started when she was 15, and she said she worked at his resturant... I wonder how old she looked to be able to get a job. I've seen 12 year olds that looked 18.

My first impression is she's a "woman" scorned and is making retalitory accusations. She waited 18 months before reporting the "rape" then claims she had a relationship...
citizen

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Nov 10, 2009
wow. seriously. glad to get him off the streets. sad i got to worry about someone in law enforcement commiting all this sexual charges in our community. so does pocola hire anybody who wants to be an officer? wat happened to " to serve and protect"?
Pocola Mother

Fort Smith, AR

#5 Nov 11, 2009
Finally some justice in this world!
I hope they send him to prison.
Good work Leflore County D.A!
ConcernedAboutU

Fort Smith, AR

#6 Mar 30, 2010
To enlighten any readers as to some public facts about this case;
This is the url to the 40/29 video and arrest information
http://www.4029tv.com/video/index.html

below is the most informative article about this case by Poteau Daily News with the url.


Poteau Daily News article
http://www.poteaudailynews.com/content/view/1...

Details Released Concerning Rape Allegations
Monday, 16 November 2009

By Jenny Huggins
News Reporter

Former Pocola Police Reserve and business owner Rodney Frick has been charged with second degree rape and soliciting sexual conduct with a minor by use of technology. Travis Saulsberry, an investigator with the District 16 District Attorney's Office, reported in the affidavit filed in the LeFlore County Court Clerk's Office that on April 14, a minor was brought to the Children's Advocacy Center in Poteau for a forensic interview.
During the interview the minor stated that she had been having a sexual relationship with Frick, owner of Hot Rod's Barbecue in Pocola. She said the activity had been going on since she was 15 years of age.
the minor stated that she had been having a sexual relationship with Frick, owner of Hot Rod's Barbecue in Pocola. She said the activity had been going on since she was 15 years of age.
The minor stated that she worked at Frick's restaurant and that she had sexual relations with him on numerous occasions. She also stated that Frick had allegedly taken her to a motel in Arkansas.
On that same day Saulsberry spoke with Frick at the Pocola Police Department. The affidavit states that during the interview Frick said he met the minor when she started working for him. Frick said she was 15 when she started the job but knew she was now 16 but did not when her birthday was.
He denied having a sexual relationship with the minor until he was informed that the police had a recording of a telephone conversation between him and the minor.
The recording allegedly has Frick telling the minor what to say if people found out about them. Frick then reportedly confessed that he had relations with the minor.
On May 4, the minor's father and her aunt delivered a CD to Saulsberry. The CD reportedly contained a conversation between the minor and Frick that occurred May 1 after a protective order had been issued against the suspect.
The affidavit states that Saulsberry again met with the minor's aunt on May 7 when she gave him a print out of approximately 50 pages of MySpace Instant Messages between Frick and the minor that she had recovered from a computer.
Saulsberry analyzed the messages which reportedly contained detailed accounts of sexually charged lewd acts he wished to perform on the minor.
Frick was jailed Nov. 10 and released on a $10,000 bond.
__________
ConcernedAboutU

Fort Smith, AR

#7 Mar 30, 2010
A clip from a SouthwestTimes Record article >>> http://swtimes.com/articles/2010/02/11/news/n... states
>>>Leflore County Oklahoma "District Attorney Jeff Smith has said Frick met the teen through the restaurant and is not suspected of illegal activity with any other minors"
Jeff Smith didn't check out his facts first before blurting them to the press.
Where did he get this information? Did this info come from the self confessed child molester and did he then report this to the public? I don't know but you will wonder too, after you learn more facts.
The victim did indeed work for him, but they didn't meet through the restaurant. I suppose the truth could have been discovered out by uhhhhm maybe asking the victim or her family. The victim was a classmate of one of Rodney Fricks 3 daughters. Rodney Frick and his wife (at the time) Mindy Frick were introduced to the child by her stepmother as long time friends and trusted members of The Harvest Time Tabernacle Church and Choir in Fort Smith Ar and wife Mindy Frick was on The board; The City Council of Pocola OK. The Fricks were local business owners of HotRods BBQ in Pocola and Rodney Frick held the position "To Serve and Protect" as a Pocola Police officer.
After reading that family profile, its easy to understand how any parents would feel that their 14 soon to be 15 year old child would be in safe in the hands of this family? How horribly wrong they were.
ConcernedAboutU

Fort Smith, AR

#8 Mar 30, 2010
In regard to Jeff Smiths cavalier statement that "a former restaurant owner, turned himself in on a complaint he had sex on multiple occasions with a teenager" Smith orally paints the child molester in a better light so as to not look bad to the public for allowing a self confessed cop child molester live next door to and have adjoining gates into your elementary school children's playground. In actuality, charges were filed after a 7 month "supposed" investigation; which just for your information was 6 months after he CONFESSED to 2nd DEGREE RAPE.
To Mr. Jeff Smith and Margaret Nicholson I ask-How many of Rodney Fricks former employees at HotRods BBQ in Pocola did you or your office talk to, to be certain that your claim that "he was not suspected of other illegal activity" was actually true before you spoon fed this to the trusting community? Seemingly nobody in your office spoke to this young lady whom left this first comment, or her friends who were also underage girls that were employed by this pedophile cop Rodney Frick.
Here is a young lady that; had been asked would have told you about this child predator. It certainly appears to me that she is implying if not stating that Rodney Fricks daily, consistent, sexually explicit comments were so bad that an ENTIRE GROUP of TEEN AGE GIRLS quit working for him.
Why is it that you do not know this? After all you do claim to have conducted a 7 month investigation. I challenge anyone to prove that anything stated here is untrue.
I as a registered voter of Leflore County I will most certainly remember this at the polls and I hope other concerned citizens will as well.
This is what happens when a local child is molested by a police officer/local business owner whose married into the city council of the town with ties of blue to the county.
ConcernedAboutU

Fort Smith, AR

#9 Mar 30, 2010
What good is a protective order? Rodney Frick violated it within days after it was issued. He felt it didn't apply to him or he new he was above the law. Proof of the violation was immediately turned over, but once again charges weren't filed until 6 MONTHS later.
Today as you are reading this, Rodney Frick is still running loose and not only is he free to roam but he still lives within reach of poor unsuspecting Pocola Elementary School Children. Most parents have been purposely misled and snowed by The Fricks and the da's office in order to keep the calm while Frick frolics about,
Yes, his yard fence at his home opens into the Pocola Elementary School Grounds; (coincidence?)
ConcernedAboutU

Fort Smith, AR

#10 Mar 30, 2010
Heres an example of a textbook pedophile trap >>BBQ was not Rodney Fricks first fast food business to be involved in. I know of at least 3. A donut shop in Pocola OK where "ALLEGEDLY" a young lady tried to bring charges against Frick for some sort of sexual misconduct in Pocola. The poor girl only had her word against this Frick and she was dismissed as another disgruntled employee. Frick was also a manager at a pizza place in Fort Smith where allegedly sexual harassment charges were filed, but somehow the allegations couldn't be substantiated and he continued slipping through the cracks all the while increasing the thickness of his deceptive moral mask, gaining trust in the community so as to continue slithering around and setting more elaborate traps for unsuspecting children.
*Question*What sex and age of people apply for waitress jobs?
*Answer* teenage girls more often apply for these type of jobs.(coincidence?)
ConcernedAboutU

Fort Smith, AR

#11 Mar 30, 2010
Interjecting himself into more and higher positions of trust*
i.e.>>He WAS a VOLUNTEER Pocola Police officer.
Police are supposed to serve and PROTECT not cruise the streets preying on our children.
He consistently went out of his way and made a conscious effort to put himself into positions; in order to have access to children and earn their trust, the trust of their parents and that of the community.
I wouldn't doubt it if he's left a trail of victims; If so, for the sake of his potential future victims; I pray that if there are anymore out there, that they will come forward. He's not some poor confused uneducated misfit of a man who was having trouble in his marriage and in a heated moment made one mistake. Rodney Frick is a dangerously intelligent, crafty and calculated.
The level of deception here is HUGE, deep rooted and well planned.
As a classic pedophile, he groomed and molested this child for two years as he continued to work as an officer of the law and being so twisted and smug as to think the laws didn't apply to him.
For at least two years he lived and lied to his wife, children, friends, business associates, customers, police department coworkers, the community, the church and to the family of this victim. He's a cold calculated dangerous child predator; look at the positions of trust.
I believe more attention needs to be brought to the facts of this case and maybe, if there are more of his victims out there that they will come forward and make sure he gets locked up and isnt free anytime soon, to again abuse our children and forever shatter their beliefs in who they can trust. The words "To Serve and Protect" on the side of that patrol car; words he swore to uphold and words that we and our children are supposed to believe in; and one very sick individual named Rodney Frick hid behind that image of trust and protection; shattered and forever changed the view and life of at least one young girl.
ConcernedAboutU

Fort Smith, AR

#12 Mar 30, 2010
It seems that the BLUE WALL or BLUE CODE is alive and flourishing in the leflore county district attorneys office.

It is my opinion that Rodney Frick is getting special treatment because he was a police officer.
I'm presenting you with these indisputable facts. I'm sure you will agree.
Please let me know what you think?


1. Rodney Frick is not an alleged rapist and i quote from the Poteau Daily News article from November 16, 2009>>>"He denied having a sexual relationship with the minor until he was informed that the police had a recording of a telephone conversation between him and the minor.
The recording allegedly has Frick telling the minor what to say if people found out about them. Frick then reportedly confessed that he had relations with the minor."
I'm not saying he's a convicted rapist, but clearly it appears that a confession means that he is a self proclaimed child molester. Coaching the poor child as to what she should say if they were found out? disgusting
2. He was in a position of high trust; he was a police officer for goodness sakes. Please tell me if anyone has ever heard of a case where an individual makes a confession to authorities, of second degree rape against a child; multiple times, over a period of years and is allowed to walk away without being arrested; for 6 months.
Check it out for yourselves.
As if this couldn't be any more devastating, his residence where he presently resides and has lived for years has a conjoining gate with the Pocola Elementary School.
A fox in the henhouse couldn't be a more perfect metaphor here;
If your wondering what in the world the authorities were doing for those 6 months AFTER his confession, I have a few ideas and for no other reason than offering him help as a fellow brother in blue protection and special treatment. I cant tell you what they had in mind, but I can tell you how this inexcuseable 6 month delay helped Frick. It allowed him to sell his business in pocola in order to generate some cash flow. He finished up the loose ends with his divorce, in which Mindy made it her mission to rush through. They were in such a greedy and desperate rush to make sure the upcoming rape charges weren't going to affect their cash flow to bad, that they lied under oath on their divorce papers. This is a fact and anyone that knows them can simply read the divorce papers and see the lie that can easily be proven. According to southwest times record, his business HotRods BBQ sold in October 2009 and charges were filed in November 2009. Clearly this is special treatment for a law enforcement officer comrade. If not, then explain. There's no explanation or excuse for this.
Why

Fort Smith, AR

#14 Mar 31, 2010
Pocola Mother wrote:
Finally some justice in this world!
I hope they send him to prison.
Good work Leflore County D.A!
I do to. Whats sad is that he confessed last may and he hes still on the streets living right (literally)next door to the Pocola Elementary School with 3 small children and his new gf. I would think that there would be an outcry by pocola parents
HATELAMEZ

Fort Smith, AR

#15 Mar 31, 2010
lame....but you know who's even more lame...that ex-sherrif...what was his name?...ohh yeah eric helms.....im glad that idiot is gone...he's so stupid...i thought it was funny how when he was bein investigated...he thought he would get to the computers @ the police station and try and delete all the stuff he didn't want them to find...i guess he's so dumb he didn't know just cause you think you "deleted" it off the computer...its still there...talk about a lame
ConcernedAboutU wrote:
It seems that the BLUE WALL or BLUE CODE is alive and flourishing in the leflore county district attorneys office.
It is my opinion that Rodney Frick is getting special treatment because he was a police officer.
I'm presenting you with these indisputable facts. I'm sure you will agree.
Please let me know what you think?
1. Rodney Frick is not an alleged rapist and i quote from the Poteau Daily News article from November 16, 2009>>>"He denied having a sexual relationship with the minor until he was informed that the police had a recording of a telephone conversation between him and the minor.
The recording allegedly has Frick telling the minor what to say if people found out about them. Frick then reportedly confessed that he had relations with the minor."
I'm not saying he's a convicted rapist, but clearly it appears that a confession means that he is a self proclaimed child molester. Coaching the poor child as to what she should say if they were found out? disgusting
2. He was in a position of high trust; he was a police officer for goodness sakes. Please tell me if anyone has ever heard of a case where an individual makes a confession to authorities, of second degree rape against a child; multiple times, over a period of years and is allowed to walk away without being arrested; for 6 months.
Check it out for yourselves.
As if this couldn't be any more devastating, his residence where he presently resides and has lived for years has a conjoining gate with the Pocola Elementary School.
A fox in the henhouse couldn't be a more perfect metaphor here;
If your wondering what in the world the authorities were doing for those 6 months AFTER his confession, I have a few ideas and for no other reason than offering him help as a fellow brother in blue protection and special treatment. I cant tell you what they had in mind, but I can tell you how this inexcuseable 6 month delay helped Frick. It allowed him to sell his business in pocola in order to generate some cash flow. He finished up the loose ends with his divorce, in which Mindy made it her mission to rush through. They were in such a greedy and desperate rush to make sure the upcoming rape charges weren't going to affect their cash flow to bad, that they lied under oath on their divorce papers. This is a fact and anyone that knows them can simply read the divorce papers and see the lie that can easily be proven. According to southwest times record, his business HotRods BBQ sold in October 2009 and charges were filed in November 2009. Clearly this is special treatment for a law enforcement officer comrade. If not, then explain. There's no explanation or excuse for this.
Meg

Valley View, TX

#18 Apr 7, 2010
I DIDNT KNOW THIS GUY WAS STILL RUNNIN LOOSE!!

http://www.4029tv.com/news/23015574/detail.ht...

this was on the news last week

Former Police Officer Accused Of Sexual Abuse Back In Jail
POSTED: 2:41 pm CDT March 31, 2010
UPDATED: 3:02 pm CDT March 31, 2010
POCOLA, Okla.--
A former police officer
accused of having sex with a minor was back in custody Wednesday.
Early Wednesday morning, Pocola police responded to a call from the home of former police officer Rodney Frick on East Pryor Street.
Police said Frick was threatening to harm himself. They took Frick into custody without incident.
Frick is awaiting trial, accused of having sex with a
15-year-old girl
__________
Heres another article from last weeks southwest times record....wow whats going on?

http://www.swtimes.com/news/article_beb7a049-...
200-6a9a16451215.html

Former Auxiliary Officer Arrested In Gun Incident

A former Pocola auxiliary police officer accused of
raping a minor last year was arrested early Wednesday after authorities responded to a call for a welfare check at a Pocola residence.
Rodney Allen Frick, 52, of Pocola was arrested in the 1100 block of East Pryor after authorities were called to the area just after midnight, said Cpl. Krista Schneider of the Pocola Police Department.
Frick had a firearm and there was another person inside the residence, police said. Frick was taken into custody
without incident for medical evaluation.
__________
wow i wonder if any of his neighbors are concerned about this.
i wonder what the parents of pocola school children think
standing for right

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Apr 8, 2010
I am a Pocola mom and I am not at all concerned. Just because a man was able to be enticed by a girl who looked all of 23 with a woman's body does not make him a "child predator". Rodney has been a part of the Pocola community for about 20 years. He has never had a problem of any kind. He is by the school because he raised three children who attended there. I know them all and they are a fine family. A girl with a very racey reputation for going after older men and sending nude pictures to them was able to cause him to stumble. He has never done this before and will not again. He has a new family that he loves so much that when a misunderstanding made him think he was losing them, he tried to commit suicide. He is under a lot right now and they are his means of happiness. You people keep speculating about what you don't know about. He is a good man who made a mistake during a very difficult time of his life. He is happy now and moving on with life. He is a threat to no one.
Older and wiser

Fort Smith, AR

#24 Apr 10, 2010
Poor Rodney the victim ,give me a break!
You imply that any red blooded male is stupid,and is only driven by sex and being tricked by a "wicked female".
I don't know anything about this girl,but I do know of his predatory actions ,in the past.
Remember the donut store ?
I'm sure he knows who I am refering to.
This girl was exploited and used by this pedophile ,and suffered many years of distrust and confusion.
She has had a hard life due to Rodney using her for his sick pleasure.
He knew she was 15, but as you know a pedophile will groom and convince a child that he is their best friend.
With God's unconditional love ,she has been able to realize that this was not her fault.
She now has moved out of state,and has a loving husband, and children.
She has an ever vigilant eye out for pedophiles like Rodney Frick,as she has three young girls.
And ,yes she has spoken to the DA,to help build the case against him.
I am praying that justice will come finally for her , and the others that he has hurt.
I will be in court to see him put in prison.
Men that hurt children don't last too long in prison,even convicts are disgusted with scum like him.
I hope they will treat him as a child molester EVERY Day!
everyday.
help me

Rogers, AR

#25 Apr 10, 2010
another victim wrote:
Rod is the victim here. Not the girl. I am in my late 30's and had occasion to see her on a daily basis. She tried many times to lure me into her web by showing me her naked pictures and asking me to have threesomes with her and someone else. She gave details of what she was able to do for a man. I would have never known her age if someone hadn't warned me to watch out for her. I hope Rodney Frick makes it through this with no time. Any red blooded American male could be in his shoes right now!
where did you happen to see her!!!
another victim

Dayton, OH

#26 Apr 10, 2010
Every day at her school. I was doing some work there. She absolutely wouldn't leave me alone! Most likely as she wouldn't leave this man alone too. She knows who I am. Trust me!
TurningOnTheLigh t

United States

#31 Apr 15, 2010
standing for right wrote:
I am a Pocola mom and I am not at all concerned. Just because a man was able to be enticed by a girl who looked all of 23 with a woman's body does not make him a "child predator". Rodney has been a part of the Pocola community for about 20 years. He has never had a problem of any kind. He is by the school because he raised three children who attended there. I know them all and they are a fine family. A girl with a very racey reputation for going after older men and sending nude pictures to them was able to cause him to stumble. He has never done this before and will not again. He has a new family that he loves so much that when a misunderstanding made him think he was losing them, he tried to commit suicide. He is under a lot right now and they are his means of happiness. You people keep speculating about what you don't know about. He is a good man who made a mistake during a very difficult time of his life. He is happy now and moving on with life. He is a threat to no one.
This is from the Megans law website-cited at bottom of page.
KNOW WHAT SEXUAL PREDATORS COUNT ON
As a society we vehemently condemn child molesters but when someone we know in the community is accused, individuals take sides often refusing to believe that "a pillar of the community" could commit this type of a crime. The true seducer type pedophile is extremely good at what he does. He puts himself in a position in his community where he has easy access to children. He will often work hard (sometimes for years) to gain the trust of parents while at the same time be sexually abusing their child. If an allegation is made against this person by another child, it is often too emotionally difficult for families who trusted and allowed the accused into their home to believe that he could commit such an act against a child. The betrayal is too great and many families will not only deny the possibility, but will blame and defame the child making the allegation. This is what the offender counts on. Families tricked by cunning predators could not have possibly imagined the degree of betrayal possible and the extent that a predator would go to, to get at a child.
----------
[i] Elliott, Michelle. Child Sexual Abuse Prevention: What Offenders Tell Us, Child Abuse & Neglect Vol. 19, No. 5. Pp. 579-594, 1995.
[ii] Ibid.
.
GodIsWithUs

United States

#32 Apr 15, 2010
Older and wiser wrote:
Poor Rodney the victim ,give me a break!
You imply that any red blooded male is stupid,and is only driven by sex and being tricked by a "wicked female".
I don't know anything about this girl,but I do know of his predatory actions ,in the past.
Remember the donut store ?
I'm sure he knows who I am refering to.
This girl was exploited and used by this pedophile ,and suffered many years of distrust and confusion.
She has had a hard life due to Rodney using her for his sick pleasure.
He knew she was 15, but as you know a pedophile will groom and convince a child that he is their best friend.
With God's unconditional love ,she has been able to realize that this was not her fault.
She now has moved out of state,and has a loving husband, and children.
She has an ever vigilant eye out for pedophiles like Rodney Frick,as she has three young girls.
And ,yes she has spoken to the DA,to help build the case against him.
I am praying that justice will come finally for her , and the others that he has hurt.
I will be in court to see him put in prison.
Men that hurt children don't last too long in prison,even convicts are disgusted with scum like him.
I hope they will treat him as a child molester EVERY Day!
everyday.
Your words give me comfort and hope. With tears in my eyes,
I virtually hold the hand of the donut store girl and say, "We are not alone." Justice shall prevail.
HereUs

United States

#33 Apr 15, 2010
These are 2 reposts from this site on this article.
unknown

Fort Smith, AR

#1
Feb 11, 2010

1
I also worked for this man and he is scum! Always making you feel Uncomfortable or like he was going to make a move on you. He always talked about stuff you just dont talk about with someone you employeed even more so that us girls he employeed were all under age. We all ended up quitting! He deserve what ever happens to him.
Help

Fort Smith, AR

Reply
|
#2
Monday Mar 29

Hello
I know exactly where your coming from. Im the girl that he molested.
Im the only one so far thats came forward and its really hard on me and my family because the authorities dont take it seriously for a man who was in law inforcement and a business owner to do this to just one girl.
If theres any way for you and any of your friends that were sexually harrassed to come forward, we could get him off the streets before this happens again. I would never wish this upon anyone, what i've gone through. if enough people would just come forward they would stop posponing this. they act like its no big deal, but if you know rodney frick, you know it must be stopped. why else did you quite... he won't stop stalking me and bothering my family and harrassing my boyfriend. this man needs to be locked away. when did you work for him? i worked for him in 2007.... the charges were filed last year... here i am at the end of my senior year.... having to deal with all of this... it's been almost a year since he confessed to everything and where is he???? sitting at home thinking of ways to hurt me mentally and in any other way!!!!! the problem is i have no idea how we could contact each other without it being out in public.... do you know me? do you know where i live? i hope to hear from you soon. i'm just a 17yr. girl.... who was looking forward to having an amazing senior year... having the best fam. behind me and the most amazing boyfrined at my side.... everything feels like it's being taken away from me when i see him stalking me driving by my house and harrassing my boyfriend. i'm not only afraid for my life but also for my loved ones. i have no idea who else could help because the d.a.'s office wont do anything, all they have to say is that "its a public road, he can drive up and down it all he wants". you are my only and last hope to finally get this all over with so i can move on with my life.... please talk to your friends for me or message me back with any ideas of how we could meet or even just talk. i would really like to chat with you and hear your side of it and finally get this sick man off the streets so that this can END with ME.
*~Josephine Still~*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sebastian County Volunteer Fire Department Feb 3 Anonymous 1
News The Growing Threat From The Fort Smith Police C... (Jan '14) Jan 31 4Q2AHOLE 14
News Overnight Child Care Center Open in Crawford Co... (Mar '10) Jan 29 carol 27
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Jan 28 Guest 30,954
How's the Humane Society Doing Jan 23 Really 1
jenkinsr Jan 23 David 2
Vickie slavens and jeff slavens live on jessica... Jan 16 victim from spiro 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Smith Mortgages