Comments
41 - 60 of 64 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2013
limp eagle

Nassau, Bahamas

#67 Feb 3, 2013
Legal Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
And given the fact that you, Jerry Hamel, are the most egregious violator of the aforementioned libelous statements being made on Topix, you have neither standing in this conversation nor defense for your actions.
Elected officials are held to a higher standard than, oh, let's say, a bitter tire salesmen. But that acknowledged higher standard does not entitle a private citizen to malign and submit false information about said officials nor does it entreat ANY level of protection under the First Amendment when said utterances are made in an effort to defame or libel.
By placing your words on a public forum (Topix), declaring said individual "gay" and making assertions that it is okay to accuse someone of being " pressured to make favorable decisions by a person that threatens to expose their secret" because of their sexual preference is not only libelous but borders on the definition of a "hate crime" as defined by the United States Department of Justice.
You are correct in your assertion that "the person is considered innocent until found guilty by the court and is entitled to those rights under the law, and that does include the appeal process!" And that same standard applies to you and your moronic and error filled assertions and outright lies.
Just because you have a red ass because the city of Fort Smith no longer does business with your "tire company" does not give you the leeway or the right to turn your civil discourse into personal attacks (too numerous to list) against everyone who is elected to office without securing your vote. You and your ilk have done more harm to the city of Fort Smith than any of the good men you have defamed and defiled could do if they PLANNED to undermine the municipal inner workings of the city.
You sicken and disgust me with your sanctimonious bullshit of claiming "immunity" for your personal attacks and diatribes but pulling out "I'm a private citizen" card out of your ass in an effort to justify your actions.
I have BEGGED the people you have libeled to file suit against you. But they say that you're not worth the time or the effort that it would take to drag your cynical and bloated ass into court. I disagree and feel fairly certain they could own your retreaded tires and your vacation homes in the Bahamas. But one of these days, you're going to cry wolf once too often and you're going to regret it. I can't wait until that day comes.
you can't even get your target right stupid! you have the wrong person! what a dumbass!
Legal Eagle

Fort Smith, AR

#69 Feb 3, 2013
Oh...here's the hysterical part. The one person who has agreed to consider filing a civil suit against you has done so on the condition that any and all monies we obtain in judgement be donated to the City of Fort Smith to go towards maintenance, service and operation of the Ferris Wheel on Garrison you love so much. Won't that be a fine how-do-you-do and some ironic justice for those who have had to put up with your nonsense for so long?
BoB

Van Buren, AR

#70 Feb 3, 2013
Legal Eagle wrote:
Oh...here's the hysterical part. The one person who has agreed to consider filing a civil suit against you has done so on the condition that any and all monies we obtain in judgement be donated to the City of Fort Smith to go towards maintenance, service and operation of the Ferris Wheel on Garrison you love so much. Won't that be a fine how-do-you-do and some ironic justice for those who have had to put up with your nonsense for so long?
Walking away slow LMAO at you. You always lose. You are worse than the tire guy.
Yuck

Fort Smith, AR

#71 Feb 4, 2013
Over the limit wrote:
<quoted text>
I started watching the news when I was eight years. Six and 10 faithfully and ALWAYS Channel 5. When they let that drucken, house wrecking luch back on the air I tuned over to 40/29 and that's where I will stay as long as Ms. Keck works for 5News. Good move, Van. I watched 5News for over 40 years and now I am watching your chief rival in this market. Now when the news goes off, I stay with 40/29, so I'm no longer watching Letterman. You fuckers have lost a loyal viewer who spent a lot of money with your sponsors over the years.
Ain't that a bitch? Over a bitch.
I started watching channel 5 so that evens it out. Plus most of the sponsors advertise on both channels so they won't miss you. You say you are over 40? Sounds like you are 12.
A distant third

Fayetteville, AR

#72 Feb 4, 2013
When compared to Neile Jones and Angela Taylor, Beck is a very distant third. Her nasally voice makes her unwatchable for me. I quit watching Noon on 5 when she had that job and I quit watching the evening news when Ashley Ketz left and she took over. She's annoying.
TexasNative

Wichita Falls, TX

#73 Feb 4, 2013
She's a sweet girl and very sexy, need more like her.
Legal Eagle

Fort Smith, AR

#75 Feb 4, 2013
Yuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I started watching channel 5 so that evens it out. Plus most of the sponsors advertise on both channels so they won't miss you. You say you are over 40? Sounds like you are 12.
Nielsen doesn't have a demographic category for 4'11" water heads who beat off to Patty Keck at 6 and 10. So it doesn't matter what you think.

Next.
One who knows

Fort Smith, AR

#76 Feb 4, 2013
TexasNative wrote:
She's a sweet girl and very sexy, need more like her.
You're confused. Just because she smells like cognac and brandy, that doesn't make her sweet. And sexy? Shit. I've seen better bodies on a National Geographic documentary on the women of Ethiopia.
One who knows

Fort Smith, AR

#77 Feb 4, 2013
Legal eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit...I have a copy of a document that categorically states that the posts from you comes from a certain address in the Bahamas associated with a JAMESIA Hamel. If those posts are originating with someone named HAMEL, then you have defied odds ot about 700 billion-to-one. But you nd your attorney will hear all about this in discovery just as soon as I convince one of the aggrieved to actually file file a lawsuit. You can sun, You can klie. But you can't hide.
Uh oh...sure got quiet as hell from Turtle Cay.....what happened, Jerry. The entire island lose their internet service?

Methinks you have been bitch slapped.
just me

Fort Smith, AR

#79 Feb 6, 2013
Did KFSM seriously just have "Patty" do a story at the 5 p.m news tonight about mixing diet sodas with alcohol???? Her "tips" about moderation at the end of the story are pretty ironic considering the circumstances~

What was KFSM thinking???
How low will they go

Fayetteville, AR

#80 Feb 6, 2013
just me wrote:
Did KFSM seriously just have "Patty" do a story at the 5 p.m news tonight about mixing diet sodas with alcohol???? Her "tips" about moderation at the end of the story are pretty ironic considering the circumstances~
Ashley Beck anchorwoman and mixologist. If that isn't shoving it in viewers faces, I don't know what is.
The Real Fed Up

Fort Smith, AR

#81 Feb 6, 2013
just me wrote:
They were thinking that tomorrow night, Ms. Peck can teach us the fine art of licking Jello shots off your neigbhors' husbands' belly.
kfsm booze news

Fayetteville, AR

#82 Feb 7, 2013
So on Patty's facebook page she tells us she is a diet dr. pepper addict. What liquor does she prefer with it?
bitchhog

Nassau, Bahamas

#83 Feb 9, 2013
One who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh oh...sure got quiet as hell from Turtle Cay.....what happened, Jerry. The entire island lose their internet service?
Methinks you have been bitch slapped.
jerry the nosack bitch is calling you out!
crickets

Fort Smith, AR

#84 Feb 9, 2013
are chirping from Turtle Cay.
questions but no answers

Nassau, Bahamas

#85 Feb 10, 2013
crickets wrote:
are chirping from Turtle Cay.
its nassau stupid, but it does not surprise me that you cronies will try any excuse not to answer the tough questions about why fort smith has lost over 13,000 jobs, why there are 489 empty commercial buildings, why the convention center continues to lose 700,000.00 dollars to over one million taxpayer dollars every year, why the city administrator forget to collect over 250,000 dollars of water tru-ups, why he forgot to collect the 150,000 crony loan of taxpayer money, why he sold public tennis courts, why he issued subpoenas to citizens collecting signatures against the stupid prepared food tax, why he lied to the people about not having enough money to fund TV broadcasts of directors meetings, why crime is so high is fort smith, why the city hall payroll is bloated, why the city bailed out the private owner of the ferris wheel, why the city bailed out the owners of the failed 2nd street project, why the A/P commission is failing, why water rates are sky high, why utility taxes have gone thru the roof, why no choice of sanitation vendors, why people can't find jobs, why so many home foreclosures, why all those expensive taxpayer funded director retreats, why all those expensive trips to washington, why business is harrassed, why people that speak out are targeted, why no city growth when NW arkansas is growing at over 30% and even jonesboro is growning at 22%. how about some answers to those questions without attacking the person for asking??????????
the same answers

Fort Smith, AR

#86 Feb 10, 2013
questions but no answers wrote:
<quoted text> its nassau stupid, but it does not surprise me that you cronies will try any excuse not to answer the tough questions about why fort smith has lost over 13,000 jobs, why there are 489 empty commercial buildings, why the convention center continues to lose 700,000.00 dollars to over one million taxpayer dollars every year, why the city administrator forget to collect over 250,000 dollars of water tru-ups, why he forgot to collect the 150,000 crony loan of taxpayer money, why he sold public tennis courts, why he issued subpoenas to citizens collecting signatures against the stupid prepared food tax, why he lied to the people about not having enough money to fund TV broadcasts of directors meetings, why crime is so high is fort smith, why the city hall payroll is bloated, why the city bailed out the private owner of the ferris wheel, why the city bailed out the owners of the failed 2nd street project, why the A/P commission is failing, why water rates are sky high, why utility taxes have gone thru the roof, why no choice of sanitation vendors, why people can't find jobs, why so many home foreclosures, why all those expensive taxpayer funded director retreats, why all those expensive trips to washington, why business is harrassed, why people that speak out are targeted, why no city growth when NW arkansas is growing at over 30% and even jonesboro is growning at 22%. how about some answers to those questions without attacking the person for asking??????????
The answer to most of your questions is the same:

They are out thinking you, bitch!

The answer to the other questions is:

They are ignoring you, bitch!

Now go build yourself a sandcastle
One who knows

Fort Smith, AR

#87 Feb 10, 2013
bitchhog wrote:
<quoted text> jerry the nosack bitch is calling you out!
Again? With the referring to yourself in third person bullshit? Give it up, Grandpa. Everybody on Topix knows exactly who you are. A man so full of bitterness and hatred that you will expose your wife to online ridicule because of your semi-hard on for the city administrator and your obsession with Jonesboro. Which part pof pathetic are you not understanding, douche hole?
Crazy

Fort Smith, AR

#88 Feb 10, 2013
You're all crazy.
former viewer

Fayetteville, AR

#90 Feb 13, 2013
Bret Bielema quote about player arrested for the same thing Ashley Beck was---DWI.

"We will hold our student-athletes accountable for their actions at all times and character and integrity will always be a priority."

Too bad Van Comer and Kfsm care so little about character and integrity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 38 min Dolittle 29,662
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 5 hr Baa Baa Black Sheep 9,879
Garrett Lewis the weather guy at KFSM has gotte... (Mar '12) Fri ISupportGarettLewis 22
looking for Alice E. Aug 27 MM I AM 3
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Aug 25 Curmudgeon 3,838
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) Aug 24 guest 261
AR Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) Aug 24 guest 208
•••
•••
•••

Fort Smith Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fort Smith News, Events & Info