CENTERTON EARTHQUAKE: Earthquake Felt...

CENTERTON EARTHQUAKE: Earthquake Felt in Centerton

There are 20 comments on the 5News KFSM story from Apr 29, 2010, titled CENTERTON EARTHQUAKE: Earthquake Felt in Centerton. In it, 5News KFSM reports that:

Some Benton County residents felt the ground shaking beneath them this morning. Centerton police have confirmed there was an earthquake around 11 a.m. in Centerton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5News KFSM.

Arkie

Centerton, AR

#1 Apr 29, 2010
Police in Centerton verified an earthquake that fast? They should have been given the video from Bella Vista to reveiw. They could have called the murder a murder there in an hour instead of the 3 months it took State Police, Bella Vista PD and the PA office. Good job Centerton. Now the question is, since there is no fault line in Centerton, why was there an earthquake? Mystery.
Kenneth

Wichita, KS

#2 Apr 29, 2010
This map might answer your question Arkie
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/22/us-f...
Karen

Bentonville, AR

#3 Apr 29, 2010
I live in Centerton and I felt it...it was a quick shake though, like it was an accident. But it shook my whole room where I was. Like a quick boom.
Karen

Bentonville, AR

#4 Apr 29, 2010
Here is the official and maybe that's how Centerton confirmed because someone else already had!
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recent...
Kenneth

Wichita, KS

#5 Apr 29, 2010
If you want some intresting reading on the New Madrid Fault check
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Madrid_Seism...

http://www.scchealth.org/docs/ems/docs/prepar...
PSP

Bentonville, AR

#6 Apr 29, 2010
I'm just behind Harp's and didn't feel any trembling - just a loud boom and the windows shook. It was in conjunction with a jet taking off from the airport, so I thought it was just a jet flying too low.
Donna Allen

United States

#7 Apr 29, 2010
I felt it in Gravette, but I was like the others just thought it was an explosion but had a thunder sound to it. Shook everything here but no damage
Unknown

Strafford, MO

#8 Apr 29, 2010
My husband felt it west of Decatur as well but what he felt was like a strong wind hitting the house, he didn't know that it was an earthquake.
Chrisi

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Apr 29, 2010
Arkie,

WOW. you should check up on your facts before you type something .

Don't you feel silly now?
Tara

Warner Robins, GA

#10 Apr 29, 2010
I live in Centerton and have a hard time believing the police department is qualified to confirm much of anything much less an earthquake.
Arkie

Centerton, AR

#11 Apr 29, 2010
Chrisi wrote:
Arkie,
WOW. you should check up on your facts before you type something .
Don't you feel silly now?
No?
earthquake expert

Rogers, AR

#12 Apr 29, 2010
This has been confirmed: A 450 pound woman fell off a chair in Centerton Inn this morning causing a rumble and loud noise.......
sam

Bentonville, AR

#13 Apr 29, 2010
what school was it near
Jonathan

Fayetteville, AR

#14 Apr 29, 2010
Epicenter was about a half mile NNW of Vaughn.

http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/bulletin/neic_vrbm_...
Matt

United States

#15 Apr 30, 2010
Karen wrote:
I live in Centerton and I felt it...it was a quick shake though, like it was an accident. But it shook my whole room where I was. Like a quick boom.
I heard it in your voice and I would have never guessed...."EARTHQUAKE " so what was the word at Harp's
penners12

Fayetteville, AR

#16 Apr 30, 2010
Arkie wrote:
Police in Centerton verified an earthquake that fast? They should have been given the video from Bella Vista to reveiw. They could have called the murder a murder there in an hour instead of the 3 months it took State Police, Bella Vista PD and the PA office. Good job Centerton. Now the question is, since there is no fault line in Centerton, why was there an earthquake? Mystery.
There is a fault line in bella vista
penners12

Fayetteville, AR

#17 Apr 30, 2010
there is a fault line in Bella Vista Ar
The one

Fort Smith, AR

#18 May 1, 2010
Tara wrote:
I live in Centerton and have a hard time believing the police department is qualified to confirm much of anything much less an earthquake.

It looks like you are in Georgia to me. Do you know where Centerton is located? Hello wake up. You just stuck your foot in your mouth. LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL.......
The one

Fort Smith, AR

#19 May 1, 2010
Arkie wrote:
Not even cool, no cool points for you today.....
Local Small Town Cop

Rogers, AR

#20 May 1, 2010
Tara wrote:
Since you judge the PD so fast let me ask you what crime it is that happened to you that they failed to solve? Or is it that you got a ticket and have a grudge against them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Now_What- 32,756
Bullying on the school bus 21 hr Anonymous 4
Chris and Brandi Bowerman Tue scammed by a local 1
James Heath Becker arrested for Rape (Aug '13) Dec 2 Richard C 4
Vicious Rottweiler at Fort Smith Dog Park (Oct '12) Nov 30 Melody 30
PEEVYHOUSE CEMETERY ON Peevyhouse Road next to ... Nov 28 Help 1
Mastic gum concerns and queries! Important! (Oct '11) Nov 26 GaiaMed 14

Fort Smith Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance