Fort Smith Police!!
youvelostthatlov infeeling

United States

#154 Apr 1, 2013
Bucky wrote:
Yes. And I think that the bad press will eventually catch up to them. It always does
I dunno. I think that whatever problems officers are facing, it is handled internally. I would hope so.
FScitizen

Fort Smith, AR

#155 Apr 1, 2013
No, if they are suspended it is FOIable. That is the beauty of it all. They work for the public, so when the misbehave it usually is in the press.

Springdale, AR

#156 Apr 1, 2013
OK.
Everyone misbehaves, everyone acts out. Why are their problems spotlighted. They are just ppl.
Mark

Fort Smith, AR

#157 Apr 4, 2013
FScitizen wrote:
No, if they are suspended it is FOIable. That is the beauty of it all. They work for the public, so when the misbehave it usually is in the press.
Why can't we have Law Enforcement like this here in Ft Smith? http://youtu.be/mlwgZzeq8oI

Bella Vista, AR

#159 Apr 4, 2013
Bucky wrote:
Because Chief handicap parking Lindsey is the Chief of Police in Fort Smith. If you have ever talked with him one on one, you cam tell he is not the sharpest.
He probably just didn't tell you all that you wanted to know.
Bucky

Clarksville, AR

#160 Apr 5, 2013
Nope. He is not very bright. And there is not much in this world lower than an able bodied person parking in a handicap zone. Now that was low and stupid!
like lindsey

Fort Smith, AR

#161 Apr 5, 2013
chief lindsey is a nice person but he knows that as long as he proves the protection service for sanders, gosack, and settle, that he will keep his job! the crony club has destroyed the main purpose of the fort smith police department that has a duty to reduce crime! just look at the crime rate in fort smith and the point is proven!
FScitizen

Fort Smith, AR

#162 Apr 5, 2013
A nice honest person does not park in handicapped parking spaces, especially the Chief of Police; nor does he protect a crony club. He should have more character than that!

Fayetteville, AR

#163 Apr 6, 2013
FScitizen wrote:
A nice honest person does not park in handicapped parking spaces, especially the Chief of Police; nor does he protect a crony club. He should have more character than that!
Instead of bitching about him...why don'tcha just call him and ask him why he did it. TELL HIM that you thought that what he did was wrong and that you are disappointed with his decision to do that...TELL him.

Fayetteville, AR

#164 Apr 6, 2013
FScitizen wrote:
Believe this or not..nice, ordinary, "christians" and able bodied ones, including myself have upon occassion parked in a handicapped zone. Oh, sh*t..sorry to disappoint you. christians can say sh*t cain't they? lol!
Y ME

United States

#165 Apr 7, 2013
They get away with murdering innocent people so hell parking in a handicap zone isn't sh..t to them. They have a badge and a gun and crooked superiors protecting and supporting their actions. Please dont ever call FSPD for an argument with your spouse one of you will end up dead by one of them they will say their lives was in danger by one of you and thats why they shot you. This is a true a true story.

Fayetteville, AR

#166 Apr 7, 2013
It's you again. Know what I wish for?....that you would have one big sh*tty day for the rest of your life! Like it would never end. lol. I am hoping someday soon that I have an argument with my neighbor...of course it will just be a lot of loud dog barking and occassional cussing...but when I call the police they will put HIM in jail. Happy day! oh, Happy Day! lol!

Fayetteville, AR

#167 Apr 7, 2013
haters wrote:
The officers have to answer all calls that are entered. If a person wants to speak to an officer then dispatch has to enter a call. So there is no real basis for her fear. The officers do the best they can with the manpower they have. Most days the officers have to spend all their time going from report call to report call because there are not enough officers to handle the call load. Most of the officers act extremely professional but for some reason people only focus on the few who have caused problems. I am not defending the administration of the police department but the officers who are out in patrol doing the work are doing a damn fine job under the circumstances.
I agree with you, they are good ppl with good intentions, but they are just under great stress. I find it disturbing that the few officers that are causing problems might just have concrete reasons for behaving this way. When an incident occurs which effects ALL OF THEM at all levels, some bounce back and others take the emotional hit. It's the ones who are devistated by the event but who are trained to be strong and not cry and not show any emotions, are the officers who suffer and dont sleep, who have reoccuring nightmares,stop eating and start drinking to numb themselves. Their supervisors may be following suit. Someone needs to intervine and take those men and women aside and really get to the bottom of their tourmoil,so that they can get back to a more safe and productive life. A life where they can find trust in enjoying being with ppl.
Y ME

United States

#168 Apr 9, 2013
Guess what that loving feeling? Thanks to our so called F...UP FSPD I DO HAVE A SHITTY DAY EVERYDAY,HAVE FOR FOUR YEARS. One of their gun happy trigger finger shot and killed an innocent man someone that I loved a husband, a father, a brother and a son. So you can't wish for anything for me then what I already have.

Fayetteville, AR

#169 Apr 9, 2013
Y ME wrote:
Guess what that loving feeling? Thanks to our so called F...UP FSPD I DO HAVE A SHITTY DAY EVERYDAY,HAVE FOR FOUR YEARS. One of their gun happy trigger finger shot and killed an innocent man someone that I loved a husband, a father, a brother and a son. So you can't wish for anything for me then what I already have.
And YOU did something about it right? YOU brought charges against them? Took them to civil court? Sued them? Did YOU prove your husband's innocence? Why did you even call the police to your home?!! Did YOU do one F...KING thing! Your only means of punishing them is writing out your anger and vengence on this forum? That is it? That's it?!!! I think that you didn't do enough.
Y ME

United States

#170 Apr 9, 2013
You have no idea what I've done or doing so don't speculate. I have handled it but yes my life is hell now because the wrong actions were taken that day. You don't know me but my life and family's life was changed in a split second. I'm not trashing anyone just hoping no one else has to go through what we have because a police officer didn't follow protocol and an innocent life was taken. Just because they wear a gun and a badge they are not above the law.
youvelostthatlov ingfeelin

Fayetteville, AR

#171 Apr 10, 2013
You are too bashing someone...Officer Davis. No, he isn't above the law. HE is the LAW. HE upholds the LAWS. In my opinion, whatever you did to piss your husband off to the point where he threatened your life and you felt it necessary to involve the police is the point where no one else should go through what you ALL went through.

You told the police that your husband had a gun. Rightfully, the police should arm themselves to the teeth with weaponry if there is going to be a gun on the premisis in which the are going to. If they are going to recieve verbal abuse they should reciprocate.

I believe that they should do WHATEVER is necessary to keep them ABSOLUTELY safe. So, when they come home to their communities, where I live, I will feel safe and be protected. In my honest opinion, you got yourself into this HELL.
If you couldn't talk to your husband nor console your husband and the situation was escalating, perhaps you should have just left the house for a while, left your husband alone to work things out in his own head....just stopped speaking to him, let the quiet take over. Did you ever let your husband hit you?
Y ME

United States

#172 Apr 10, 2013
As I said I've not mentioned who I am only a family member. I haven't mentioned any officer's name you've done that. We don't know what went on that day only three people do and one of those is dead. I am not his wife and I dont judge I speak as to how I see things, my own opinions and that officer has to live with his own actions on that day as well as that mans wife. Like I said he was in the wrong... he never followed police procedures or protocol and if he had that man would be alive today with his children.
Y ME

United States

#173 Apr 11, 2013
Besides his wife never said he pulled a gun on her. There are so many untrue stories told so unless you yourself was there dont say things that you dont know anything about, except what you've heard through gossip.
youvelostthatlov ingfeelin

Springdale, AR

#174 Apr 11, 2013
Y ME wrote:
As I said I've not mentioned who I am only a family member. I haven't mentioned any officer's name you've done that. We don't know what went on that day only three people do and one of those is dead. I am not his wife and I dont judge I speak as to how I see things, my own opinions and that officer has to live with his own actions on that day as well as that mans wife. Like I said he was in the wrong... he never followed police procedures or protocol and if he had that man would be alive today with his children.
OOOOOH, I am so sorry. I don't know why? I thought you were his wife. Oh, so you weren't there either. Sooooo, you don't know what happened. So, you are judging, with your ...... opinions. Again, if that officer was wrong and that is your take on it, why haven't you done anything to resolve the issue? I certainly do wonder what the atmoshere was that induced her to call the police. Didn't she open the door to the police? I just don't get it? why would she call the police if there wasn't a problem? And you were his relative? Was his wife not present when the officers entered the house?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr Reality Check 37,469
Garage on Forrest Park Way Jun 26 my name is nobody 6
Jennifer white Jun 21 ccolby870 1
Morgan Nick. What happened to her? (Oct '15) Jun 13 Three peas 39
Morgan Nick- phone calls (Jul '16) Jun 11 trollingforfun 26
Mimzie Daniels Jun 4 Carl 1
Poll Is the Barling Police Department supported by t... (Apr '10) May '17 Bufchris 204

Fort Smith Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Smith Mortgages