Fort Smith Police!!
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Scott

Fort Smith, AR

#1 Jul 31, 2012
Pulling someone over because they forgot to turn on a blinker is one thing, but after you run their name on the computer and find nothing on them you ask to search their car? The Fort Smith Police Department is nothing more than a joke spending our hard-earned tax money pulling people over in hundred degree plus weather for petty lame traffic violations because their behind on their quotas? Is this what it has come to? Wasn’t it bad enough that these “cops” embarrassed fellow citizens and themselves on the national cop show “POV PD”? Our country is about to have an economic collapse and the FSPD runs around with their K9 units pulling citizens over for not turning their blinkers on; searching their cars because they have nothing better to do. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t K9 units supposed to be used to find drugs? Since when has it become necessary to have three units of police cars on the scene because someone forgot to use a turning signal? Are you serious? I guess spending your work hours looking at everyone like their trash and eating fattening foods at Mexican restaurants is getting boring to them. OH and by the way Officer Travis Watkins you might what to check the trunk the next time you check a vehicle. At least then you will be giving off the impression you are really trying to find drugs. The Fort Smith Police Department really need to take a good look at itself the saying is supposed to be “To Protect and Serve” not to harass and annoy.
no search

Fort Smith, AR

#2 Jul 31, 2012
did you tell them no and what happened.
sadstate

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Jul 31, 2012
if they need to find missing drugs they should take an inventory at the animal shelter! who was president of the humane society? patrick jacobs-----
haters

Fort Smith, AR

#4 Jul 31, 2012
I can tell you Travis Watkins is a very good man. As a K9 officer it is his job to patrol the city just like a regular traffic officer but with the additional responsibility of having a dog trained to detect drugs, among other things. If he makes a traffic stop there is absolutely nothing wrong with him asking to search the vehicle. The driver also has the right to say no if they choose. Also, having more than one officer on a traffic stop is for safety purposes. More officers die on traffic stops than in any other situation.
wonder

Fort Smith, AR

#5 Jul 31, 2012
any traffic stop could be dangerous and officers should always proceed with caution. its all part of the job and we are thankful for the officers that do their jobs and make our city a safe place to live.
BE NICE

Fort Smith, AR

#6 Jul 31, 2012
sadstate wrote:
if they need to find missing drugs they should take an inventory at the animal shelter! who was president of the humane society? patrick jacobs-----
Be nice
Bill Mann

Haslet, TX

#7 Jul 31, 2012
This is not a safe city. Read the crime rates per capita. We rank a 4 out of 100. 100 us the best. At least check your facts. The FSPD IS NOT KEEPING US SAFE!
safety first

Rogers, AR

#8 Jul 31, 2012
it's a known fact that people with drugs in their car are nervous drivers. they forget to do the normal things. Keeping drugs away from children and thugs -- I think you would want. Keeping drugs away from people on unemployment -- I would think this is what you want, too.

You are correct, Sebastian County is one of the most violent counties in the state. I'm glad they are bucking up.
whyso

Monroe, LA

#9 Jul 31, 2012
why is sebastian county so violent? could it have something to do with all the job losses? someone said 12,000 jobs were lost in fort smith alone and thats 12,000 people that have too much free time on their hands. could the anti business attitude of fort smith leadership actually be putting the police and citizens in danger? just asking.
county violence

Fort Smith, AR

#10 Jul 31, 2012
whyso wrote:
why is sebastian county so violent? could it have something to do with all the job losses? someone said 12,000 jobs were lost in fort smith alone and thats 12,000 people that have too much free time on their hands. could the anti business attitude of fort smith leadership actually be putting the police and citizens in danger? just asking.
You can't fault unemployment for the violent crime. The unemployment rate is lower here than for the state at large. Sebastian county has quite a number of stabbings. Most are altercations between people who know each other. Conflicts solved by force over reason. Perhaps someone in law enforcement can provide some detail
janice

Monroe, LA

#11 Jul 31, 2012
could fort smith have a drug problem?
Bill Mann

Haslet, TX

#12 Jul 31, 2012
Maybe the FSPD needs to work on the problem. Seems to me a low crime rate is needed to attract business
haters

United States

#13 Jul 31, 2012
Well maybe if people would stop calling 911 because their neighbor's dog annoys them or because they are too afraid to go ask their neighbor to turn their music down then the officers would be able to spend more time acting proactively. With the current call volume and lack of officers it can be difficult for them to do anything other than take reports. You can't blame all the problems on the officers.
Bill Mann

Haslet, TX

#14 Aug 1, 2012
I know all the officers are not goofing around but when you read the paper and they are on duty going to their kids games, having sex in patrol cars while on duty with subordinate employees, and then you see them in the community driving their SUVs all tatooed up, one has to wonder about the leadership of that department and the city.
leadership

Fort Smith, AR

#15 Aug 1, 2012
must wonder if the chief has learned from his boss(gosack) to surround himself with cronies that will protect him? if this is the case then yes crime will rise and the good officers will lose their desire to perform. just my thoughts.
Not fear but reality

Fort Smith, AR

#16 Aug 1, 2012
haters wrote:
Well maybe if people would stop calling 911 because their neighbor's dog annoys them or because they are too afraid to go ask their neighbor to turn their music down then the officers would be able to spend more time acting proactively. With the current call volume and lack of officers it can be difficult for them to do anything other than take reports. You can't blame all the problems on the officers.
People are on edge these days. So the slightest neighborly request can turn into a provocation in the mind of that "feared" neighbor. It is respecting the reality of our times, not fearing the unrealistic and irrational neighbor. If a neighbor is oblivious and disrespectful to begin with, then it is wise to call in a third party, the police.
Bill Mann

Russellville, AR

#17 Aug 4, 2012
http://www.areavibes.com/fort+smith-ar/crime/

•The Fort Smith, AR violent crime rate is 75% greater than the Arkansas average and 147% greater than the national average.

Here is the reality. Fort Smith is not a safe city. The Fort Smith PD needs to be doing there job and quit worrying about reality series. Reduce the crime rate and this would be attractive to jobs and businesses. Chief Lindsey does not have a good record of reducing crime. Look at how awful Joplin was under his "leadership".

What really surprises me is the he is not held accountable for this.
Most people that I talk to are too scared to say anything about the FSPD. One lady told me if she spoke up they might not answer her calls. And you can't blame her, they drive around in big Tahoes, and they look and behave so unprofessional.
haters

Haslet, TX

#18 Aug 4, 2012
The officers have to answer all calls that are entered. If a person wants to speak to an officer then dispatch has to enter a call. So there is no real basis for her fear. The officers do the best they can with the manpower they have. Most days the officers have to spend all their time going from report call to report call because there are not enough officers to handle the call load. Most of the officers act extremely professional but for some reason people only focus on the few who have caused problems. I am not defending the administration of the police department but the officers who are out in patrol doing the work are doing a damn fine job under the circumstances.
Incorrect

Fort Smith, AR

#19 Aug 5, 2012
sadstate wrote:
Patrick Jacobs has never been president of the SCHS.
Ray

Van Buren, AR

#20 Aug 5, 2012
I blame all of Fs's problems on cheating and lying tire-salesman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican Headquarters is in Green Pointe on R... (Sep '08) Fri Perry 9
Anyone know a Mindy Garrett? Tammy Drake? (Dec '15) Fri Rae-Rae 3
PokemonGo Thu Blanehard 1
Golden Living Jul 26 Golden Living 1
Morgan Nick- phone calls Jul 25 Lovely 4
Does anyone know Mark Baker? (Sep '15) Jul 24 Kristie 2
Two local bikers arrested (Dec '10) Jul 23 Loki 46

Fort Smith Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance