First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Fayetteville, AR

#1 Nov 19, 2010
Hey, KFSM, you need to do a story on former Southside football player Evan Tiller who was arrested this week in Fayetteville after a long investigation. He had over 65 pounds of marijuana ,more than 160,000 in cash, hash and ecstasy. Viewers need a report.
Quit Wondering

Fort Smith, AR

#2 Nov 19, 2010
Wondering wrote:
Hey, KFSM, you need to do a story on former Southside football player Evan Tiller who was arrested this week in Fayetteville after a long investigation. He had over 65 pounds of marijuana ,more than 160,000 in cash, hash and ecstasy. Viewers need a report.
You need to quit wondering. Evan is a good kid that made a huge mistake and he will pay for it through the court system. I am certainly not condoning what he has done...it is terrible...but he or anyone else doesn't need to be harassed in the media. Why can't we give him a chance to pay for his mistakes without pressure from the outside. We all make mistakes...some bigger than others.
Wondering

Fayetteville, AR

#3 Nov 19, 2010
A mistake???? A few ounces is a mistake, 65 pounds of pot makes you a major dealer.
We need media coverage of this young man just like we would any other CRIMINAL because a criminal is what he is.
Sad

Fayetteville, AR

#4 Nov 19, 2010
Quit Wondering

Fort Smith, AR

#5 Nov 20, 2010
Yes,a mistake. Yes, a major dealer. Yes,a criminal. Yes, a human being that made bad choices. But I along with a lot of others that know and love him are not ready to give up on him. He needs and deserves our guidance, support, love and prayers so he can learn from his huge MISTAKES and become a man that we can all be proud of. I hope you enjoyed your second chances when they were given to you...I know I did mine.
No need to be Wondering

Rogers, AR

#6 Nov 20, 2010
A majority of people always seem to be focused on punishment rather than rehabilitation. He made a mistake which snowballed into this gigantic problem. And an article has been written about it - in Fayetteville. Although Evan is from here, Fayetteville is where the crimes went down, so the "public" has already been informed.
Wondering

Springdale, AR

#7 Nov 20, 2010
Well, silly me,for being so mixed up about the news covered by KFSM. I believed that they had a studio in Fayetteville and that they covered both the River Valley and NWA.
not his first time

Fort Smith, AR

#8 Nov 20, 2010
5 ounces is a mistake, 65 POUNDS is a major crime and not his first time. He's a drug dealer, he needs to go to prison.

People don't start out with 65 pounds, I wonder how many other times he's sold pot that it worked up to 65 pounds...

stop trying to shelter him like he made a single small mistake. he's far far past that. he's had his chance (probably dozens of them) to back out of dealing, stop trying to give a repeat offender more chances to screw up. He needs to be punished to stop his behaviour.
welcome to varner

Franklin, OH

#9 Nov 21, 2010
Getting caught with simple possession is a 'mistake'; getting caught with over 100k in cash & 65 pounds of pot should be a minimum 10 years in prison. Distribution? He will get a second chance. There are a lot of NA meetings available in prison.
welcome to varner

Franklin, OH

#10 Nov 21, 2010
oh and since he has several delivery charges he's ineligible for drug court. Feel bad for the guy for getting snitched on but that's the world we live in. FYI, a single delivery charge is a class Y felony with possible penalties ranging from 10 to 40 to life in prison (same as manslaughter).

Since he has no previous arrests (?), maybe with a good lawyer he can serve his time in a regional correctional facility. What sucks is that this will be on his record forever.
No need to be Wondering

Rogers, AR

#11 Nov 21, 2010
I was just saying that the media has already covered this issue. And I don't believe he should get away without any consequences. I just wish our justice system handled people such as rapists and child molesters as serious as it deals with drug dealers.
Sanity

Fort Smith, AR

#12 Nov 22, 2010
He's was just another businessman trying to service his loyal and demanding customers. Too bad he wasn't selling something harmless like cigarettes or alcohol.....

What's really sad is that his life is ruined and everybody who bought from him will now have to deal with the murdering mexican mafia, because his customers will certainly continue to smoke. It makes me wonder what good these arrests accomplish because they stop nothing.
Mehhh

Fort Smith, AR

#13 Nov 26, 2010
^^^^^^^^^ Agreed
A former football player turned drug dealer? Are you ill ridden with the idea of vicariously living through tragedy in the media and news? Had this been your son, daughter, father, grandson, brother, or maybe even your best friend, would you feel it necessary to expose them on such a level just to inform people in the area that there might just be a wholesome soul, like me or you, in your own city who chose the wrong path in search of wealth? I really doubt it. Its effect is unnecessary. The story is out. All the information is there for people who need to know. There is no reason to fabricate it, decorate it, and re-expose it just to give some people something tragic to talk about.
Idiots

Fayetteville, AR

#14 Dec 13, 2010
If yal haven't noticed that pot is legal in 12 states. Which states is murder and rapping legal in.... HMMMMM
Wondering wrote:
Lefty Scott County

Fort Smith, AR

#15 Dec 13, 2010
Idiots wrote:
If yal haven't noticed that pot is legal in 12 states. Which states is murder and rapping legal in.... HMMMMM
<quoted text>
"Rapping" should be illegal in all states. They play that crap too loud and the negros don't ennuciate very well.
KeepKidsSafe

Fort Smith, AR

#16 Dec 31, 2010
Evan Tiller is going to be fine. His parents can afford the legal councel that will keep him out of prison. You are allowed to be a drug dealer in this country as long as you are wealthy and ready to cooperate with police investigations. If he was poor you would indeed have to worry that he would be locked up. The people that associate with Evan have paid the price for his mistakes and he will have yet another chance.
Ridiculous

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Mar 6, 2011
Absolutely ridiculous: marijuana is a drug like alcohol or cigarettes, and the fact that it's been regulated to the point of illegality is sick. He has done nothing that hurt anyone. A businessman going about his (obviously successful) business, providing a legitimate service to his customers.

Meanwhile, the assholes at Goldman Sachs walk free with stolen bills lining their pockets. What kind of society do we live in?
Got off easy

Dallas, TX

#18 Nov 16, 2011
FYI Evan tiller was sentenced to three months in a boot camp program and will be released anyday now... How'd he score that deal? Ratting people out. Plus rich parents and good lawyers.
justtice is not equal

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Nov 17, 2011
Got off easy wrote:
FYI Evan tiller was sentenced to three months in a boot camp program and will be released anyday now... How'd he score that deal? Ratting people out. Plus rich parents and good lawyers.
At least Tiller actually spent a year or so ay Cummins. Steve Womack's son got the same 10 year sentence that Tiller did and spent NO time at Cummins. He went straight to the head of the boot camp line.

"U.S. Rep.-elect Steve Womack's son entered a plea bargain yesterday to a charge arising from methamphetamine dealing, KFSM reports. The sentence is nominally 10 years, but it appears he'll be diverted to a 105-day boot camp."
really

United States

#20 Dec 18, 2011
Did Womacks son have as much money or close to to the same amount of drugs that Tiller did? Be sure to compare apples to apples and drug dealers to drug dealers..... I agree both should have spent WAY more time in south Arkansas growing their own food and fighting of bubba and Leroy as well as Hector but as we all know money talks and those with it are somewhat untouchable.... good thing is that next time maybe Tiller will get caught in the river valley so the police departments in this area can get some new rifles or something!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crooked mayor and council Wed Jason 17
Supreme Court Denies Expedited Review Of Shadow... Wed Jason 2
Family counselor Wed Zach 3
Found shoes multipule pairs are they yours? Tue Sal 5
Anthony Goldman (Feb '14) Tue Stacey tolaman 3
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Oct 27 Guest 30,043
Rest of the Story Oct 25 Curious 1

Freeze Warning for Sebastian County was issued at October 31 at 11:34AM CDT

Fort Smith Dating
Find my Match