does anyone know what happen
Dude

Fort Scott, KS

#2 Aug 13, 2011
Where was it? Eddy is a long street.
tdj

United States

#3 Aug 13, 2011
Its was between 4th an 5th of eddy not sure how it happen just heard it on the scanner
archie bunker

Girard, KS

#4 Aug 15, 2011
I heard the firemen didn't know where the fire hydrant was when they got there. AND,
I heard that the county fire truck showed up first and said they didn't have any water intheir truck.
The first car to show up was a county sheriff's car as they got there before the police or a fire truck.
Also I heard there were some local hero's who pulled a man out of his house at the corner!!
neighbor

United States

#5 Aug 15, 2011
Well there Archie Bunker, you heard wrong. The house was vacant as it had just sold last week in a auction. I had a carport that was struck by lightning causing the house to catch fire. The house next to it just had minor damage. No one was injured. There were several fire trucks on scene and the county truck came last. There were also several city cops as well as sheriffs cars.
It was just a bad deal but thankful no one was injured.
orgasmo

United States

#6 Aug 15, 2011
Archie bunker you are the prime example of imbreeding in fort scott
Yoda

Fort Scott, KS

#7 Aug 15, 2011
Archie Bunker: Never start a sentence with "I heard"... it will always come back to bite you.
archie bunker

Girard, KS

#8 Aug 16, 2011
read the fort scott tribune all you critics.

I will quote it now,
"There were no injuries caused by the blaze. The house at 420 S. Eddy, which sustained an estimated $25,000 in damage, was vacant. Ballou said he believed the house had just been sold and no one was living in it at the time. He said that a couple of passers-by noticed the smoke and woke up the gentleman living at 424 S. Eddy."(so there was an inhabitant who was in danger!)

and," but no area residents recalled any lightning around the time of the fire."(Notice it implies lightning was NOT the cause)

And last to "neighbor" in Wichita, a rural fire dept truck did show up first, then left because their tank was only half filled with water as reported to me by my brother who lives just few doors down and witnessed this. What did you see from Wichita?
archie bunker

Girard, KS

#9 Aug 16, 2011
Yoda wrote:
Archie Bunker: Never start a sentence with "I heard"... it will always come back to bite you.
unfortunately I can only say,"I heard" because I was not there. I was at home with my wife,daughter and two grandchildren and in bed by 10:30pm. however my brother and a bunch of guys were there and I guess were playing pool in a house directly across the street.
Perhaps the paper should ask them what they saw.
Fire Fighter

Fort Scott, KS

#10 Aug 16, 2011
hey archie bunker, i know personally because i worked the scene jackass, City Fire showed up first on Scene then Mutual aid was called, No Rural Truck was first on scene dipshit that is how MUTUAL AID Works, City Fire Toned out Scott Township! So before you run your mouth get your fact's right. and if a Rural Truck was on that scene first they would infact be in trouble for Call jumping on city's call so shut your damn mouth because you infact don't know one damn thing about it.
Fire Fighter

Fort Scott, KS

#11 Aug 16, 2011
and i would love to tell you this to your face..so why don't you post your real name, 10 to 1 says your to scared to.
archie bunker

Girard, KS

#12 Aug 16, 2011
better yet, I will copy this post and personally bring it to you and Mr Ballou. See you today at the fort scott fire department pretty soon.
orgasmo

United States

#13 Aug 16, 2011
Lol archie bunker good luck doing that idiot. Hey btw lay off the meth buddy. Maybe we should let the state fire marshall know your making false accusations and you should be looked at as an accessorie to a possible arson. Since you know so much
macy

Carrollton, MO

#14 Aug 16, 2011
"hey archie bunker, i know personally because i worked the scene jackass, City Fire showed up first on Scene then Mutual aid was called, No Rural Truck was first on scene dipshit that is how MUTUAL AID Works, City Fire Toned out Scott Township! So before you run your mouth get your fact's right. and if a Rural Truck was on that scene first they would infact be in trouble for Call jumping on city's call so shut your damn mouth because you infact don't know one damn thing about it"

Ft.Scott's finest showing their class or lack there of.

"and i would love to tell you this to your face..so why don't you post your real name, 10 to 1 says your to scared to."

There you go again,besides don't ask others to do what you yourself won't.........
orgasmo

United States

#15 Aug 16, 2011
The lack of intelligence like archie and macy prove people need to gain knowledge on things and btw macy and archie I see your ip and your the same person posting so try again and maybe this time have a conversation with yourself and look like the true fool that you are
archie bunker

Carrollton, MO

#16 Aug 16, 2011
orgasimo,I see your an ip= ignorant person.....lol

The only people that can see IP numbers are the site technicians and mods to which there are none, get real dork.
archie bunker

Girard, KS

#17 Aug 16, 2011
will the real archie bunker please stand up?

I went to the Fire Department(check lobby video at 11am today I am wearing a military issue boonie hat and have a tape measurer on my left hip) to speak with the chief of the fire department with copies of this message board. I feel it is necessary now that one of his has chose to make it personal and act in a threatening and intimidating manner.
I hear the Fire chief Mr Ballou is a very competent and respected man among his peers, so I have no problem speaking directly with him, and he will certainly have my name.

I am most disturbed by firefighters claim that if the rural fire department showed up first they would be in trouble if they tried to put out the fire before the FS fire department got there.
Something just ain't right with that picture.
orgasmo

United States

#18 Aug 16, 2011
Get real and btw you can see page info and it brings ip address's durrrrr
George Jefferson

Fort Scott, KS

#19 Aug 16, 2011
first off archie,

you know nothing about the situation and are going on speculation

Rural Department's can't just hear a call on the scanner and run to it. They have to be dispatched for Mutual Aid. And i am positive their would't be a truck pull up with out any water in it at all as all Trucks are refilled and taken care of after each call is done with.

second of all city fire was first on scene and they asked for MUTUAL AID and had scott township toned out.

No one was rescued or pulled out. You know nothing of the situation you weren't their so you need to stop talking and running a much of things. You know nothing about it all and you need to quit downing and running about rumors you have no proof on and know nothing about some of us live in the area and seen it so if i were you id just stop your making yourself look foolish.
George Jefferson

Fort Scott, KS

#20 Aug 16, 2011
archie bunker wrote:
orgasimo,I see your an ip= ignorant person.....lol
The only people that can see IP numbers are the site technicians and mods to which there are none, get real dork.
btw there are programs you can get and download on google chrome to see people's ip on chat boards and forums for your fyi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Scott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenny monroe 19 hr James 3
starting a trucking co. (Aug '13) 21 hr wookiee 5
business owner Jan 10 1 shot 2
Blocking scanners Jan 10 BTT 4
Dirt track Jan 10 BTT 6
swingers club in town (Apr '12) Jan 8 Bill Cosby 19
let us squash rumors Jan 8 all knowing 5

Fort Scott Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance