United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Judged:

I have a rather boggling question as to why unmarked speed limits on gravel roads are 55mph. How on earth is those speeds safe for anyone to be traveling especially on loose gravel?.. I mean seriously why are they 55mph but yet our highway speed limit in town is only 50.. Its paved and safer.. Cent be because of more people in town because if u think about it you have more to worry about running out in front of u in the country than u would in town.. They need to rethink their speed limits a bit around here..
Arf Johnson

Savonburg, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

Judged:

the speed limit on unmarked gravel roads is 45 mph, not 55 mph.
Curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

Judged:

Well according to the sheriff dept it is 55 mph.
Arf Johnson

Savonburg, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

I called them and they said 45 in Bourbon County.
delicious

Fort Scott, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

i go 65-70
this guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Arf Johnson you should read the commissioner minutes. 4 years ago after Coleman took office it was raised to 55 unless posted otherwise. Look it up
Orvetta Johnstone

Savonburg, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

I called my county commissioner and told them I thought the speed limit should be 15 on gravel roads.
No wonder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

No wunder theres so many accidents involving.roll overs and peoples family's getting killed in accidents in the country.. Think someone needs to.open up thier eyes a bit.
Dude

Fort Scott, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

It doesn't matter what the speed limit is. People are going to drive as fast as they want and it won't be enforced.
Student

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Curious wrote:
I have a rather boggling question as to why unmarked speed limits on gravel roads are 55mph. How on earth is those speeds safe for anyone to be traveling especially on loose gravel?.. I mean seriously why are they 55mph but yet our highway speed limit in town is only 50.. Its paved and safer.. Cent be because of more people in town because if u think about it you have more to worry about running out in front of u in the country than u would in town.. They need to rethink their speed limits a bit around here..

You ever here that song...
Ya the one I be livin
I can't drive 55 haha !
hard working dude

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Just got a ticket for going 47 mph in a 30, unmarked county road. Speed limit sign knocked over and covered with mud. The Sherrif stated he was responsible for enforcing the limit, not maintaining the signs. Sounds like a money maker to me. Be careful in Sterling City, TX.
Apples

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

8-1558.&#8195;Maximum speed limits.(a) Except as provided in subsection (b) and except when a special hazard exists that requires lower speed for compliance with K.S.A. 8-1557, and amendments thereto, the limits specified in this subsection or established as authorized by law shall be maximum lawful speeds, and no person shall operate a vehicle at a speed in excess of such maximum limits:

(1)&#8195;In any urban district, 30 miles per hour;

(2)&#8195;on any separated multilane highway, as designated and posted by the secretary of transportation, 75 miles per hour;

(3)&#8195;on any county or township highway, 55 miles per hour; and

(4)&#8195;on all other highways, 65 miles per hour.

(b)&#8195;No person shall drive a school bus to or from school, or interschool or intraschool functions or activities, at a speed in excess of the maximum speed limits provided in subsection (a), except that the board of education of any school district may establish by board policy lower maximum speed limits for the operation of such district's school buses. The provisions of this subsection relating to school buses shall apply to buses used for the transportation of students enrolled in community colleges or area vocational schools, when such buses are transporting students to or from school, or functions or activities.

http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2011_12/stat...
this guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Ardour we have been through this. Its not 45 its 55. 4 years ago after Coleman became commissioner the speed limit was raised to 55. Its in the minutes. LOOK IT UP ALREADY. Besides if you live in the country you would be aware of driving on gravel. I wouldn't ask a Dr. to turn wrenches once a month!!! Stay in town if you don't like it or stick to the pavement where the speed limits are slower. Move elsewhere and quit your complaining. Your probably still sore Obama won. So am I but move on!!!
this guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Ardour? Smart phones just do not understand. I meant Arf. Also you don't always have to drive the speed limit. They taught me that in drivers ed way back in the day.
speedy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Apples wrote:
8-1558.&#8195;Maximum speed limits.(a) Except as provided in subsection (b) and except when a special hazard exists that requires lower speed for compliance with K.S.A. 8-1557, and amendments thereto, the limits specified in this subsection or established as authorized by law shall be maximum lawful speeds, and no person shall operate a vehicle at a speed in excess of such maximum limits:
(1)&#8195;In any urban district, 30 miles per hour;
(2)&#8195;on any separated multilane highway, as designated and posted by the secretary of transportation, 75 miles per hour;
(3)&#8195;on any county or township highway, 55 miles per hour; and
(4)&#8195;on all other highways, 65 miles per hour.
(b)&#8195;No person shall drive a school bus to or from school, or interschool or intraschool functions or activities, at a speed in excess of the maximum speed limits provided in subsection (a), except that the board of education of any school district may establish by board policy lower maximum speed limits for the operation of such district's school buses. The provisions of this subsection relating to school buses shall apply to buses used for the transportation of students enrolled in community colleges or area vocational schools, when such buses are transporting students to or from school, or functions or activities.
http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2011_12/stat...
. Then why is the speed limit on the old highway 45?
this guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

The commissioners can set it at what they want. Its not hard. Have a meeting, 2 out of 3 agree and POOF. Whats done is done
near Meth valley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

speedy wrote:
<quoted text>. Then why is the speed limit on the old highway 45?
you are dealing with maximums unless otherwise posted different
Dumb

Fort Scott, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Just because it is the limit, you don't have to go that fast if you don't feel safe. Speed limits don't mean a thing to people...you could put it at 30 and people are going to go as fast as they want.
Outsider

Fort Scott, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Dumb wrote:
Just because it is the limit, you don't have to go that fast if you don't feel safe. Speed limits don't mean a thing to people...you could put it at 30 and people are going to go as fast as they want.
. DUH!
scott

Cokato, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
iDrive 60 or 65 on the gravel roads

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Fort Scott Forum right now

Search the Fort Scott Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? 1 hr Ontopofit 116
ConocoPhillips/Casey's 7 hr Don 52
a new restaraunt 10 hr Dude Adams 19
theft 15 hr fat read head bitch 3
Girls Mon the uninformed 2
stupid republicans (May '13) Jul 18 joker 633
Commissioner finds need for more criminal servi... Jul 18 voter 4
•••
•••